Inspire 2 Red Prop Quick Attach issue
1939 8 2017-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AmateurTom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2333 ft
United States

Ok, This red prop issue has been displayed on Youtube, discussed on this forum and posted many times on the Inspire 2 Facebook page.  Many who don't fequent this forum OR follow the Inspire 2 on Facebook do not even realize they have a problem !    DJI,  you have attempted to satisfy the consumer be dampening the rattle sound of the red prop by supplying a so called "version 2" prop which is simply a black foam insert installed inside the prop hub.   This insert forces the newly installed red prop to sit high on the quick mount assembly and applies pressure against the prop retaining clips thus "solving the rattle problem" .   The unfortunate thing about this "save face" repair is that after a few flights, the foam insert takes set and the prop becomes loose once again.   
We ( the DJI Inspre 2 Owners ) know that the real cause of the rattle is the difference in height between the retaining clip assembly AND the backing plate that was designed for the prop to sit firmly against !!!!  

If you doubt me..............feel free to compare the distance using a caliper on your own aircraft.

I have read posts of concerned owners contacting DJI customer service about this issue only to be requested to return your props and DJI will send you a new set after they (DJI) receive yours !!!!  Those of us who dont (or did not)  want to experience the time lag with DJI customer service (or whatever inter company protocol ) that is well known and frustrating have purchased their own new sets of version 2 props only to find that the above mentioned problem is resurfacing.

DJI, you have said in the past that there is no reason to be concerned with rattling props.   (????)  

Reality is:

1.  When our aircraft is climbing in a direct verticle flight path..........there is no wear or fractional vibration issue .

2.  When our aircraft is moving IN ANY OTHER direction there IS a wear and fractional vibration issue.

3.  Foam inserts mask ther real problem that is in fact a design, part fabrication, part inventory OR  Quality Control issue that is being overlooked.

4.  DJI, You already know that you have a quick attach hub issue and are not openly addressing this issue in any forum or on Facebook.

5.  WE all know that you monitor the forums and Facebook as moderators or users.

6.  With recent You Tube videos of individuals explaining how to correct the space gap between the prop hub and motor it has come down to the consumers concern for safety and the  
         possible loss of his or her aircraft ???

7.  If this was a kit built or pre assembled large scale RC copter....................would the RC pilot take off after noticing a loose rotor ????   

DJI,  We the DJI INSPIRE 2 OWNERS  deserve a solution to this "Red Propeller Mount" problem.   We as consumers expect all four prop mounts to be firm and secure  OUT OF THE FACTORY !

DJI,  We the DJI INSPIRE 2 OWNERS do not deserve to be required to sent our aircraft in for review and service for this issue, resulting in 30 days plus of down time.

DJI,  We the DJI INSPIRE 2 OWNERS deserve a open response with a detailed solution to this manufacturing on design problem ON THIS THREAD.

Thank you in advance for your promp response to this thread.

Tom T.

2017-4-30
Use props
fanse186c04e
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thank you, now your turn DJI DJI!!!!
2017-4-30
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Most props are affected.Most I2s have at least 1 prop rattling.

Both the mounts and the props are flawed apparently.

There is no fix yet
2017-5-1
Use props
AmateurTom
lvl.2
United States

Can we receive some input from  a DJI moderator please ?   

Please update us on what is being done to solve this well known propeller mount issue.  So far this is exactly what we would all expect from this post.   Out of  respect for us as consumers who have spent a substantial  amount of money on this aircraft, please do not ignore this post.   

Moderators, thank you in advance for your reply.
2017-5-1
Use props
dldp-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have heard that some owners replaced the red mounting brackets with the spare white brackets ant that has solved the problem. All DJI needs to do is, per request by the owners, send new red mounting brackets with the proper specification dimensions.

Regards,
Tom
2017-5-2
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dldp-sp Posted at 2017-5-2 01:46
I have heard that some owners replaced the red mounting brackets with the spare white brackets ant that has solved the problem. All DJI needs to do is, per request by the owners, send new red mounting brackets with the proper specification dimensions.

Regards,

Not going to happen.
I have been begging DJI for 3 months now to address the issue.
They simply ignore it.
If you send them faulty props, they send you the EXACT SAME props back.

Same for mounts.

I don't think they know how to fix it, or they do and dont want to make the investment.

Right now all I2s are flying liabilities
2017-5-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you feel that there are early stability issues with your aircraft due to your prop/ mount combination, I would suggest getting in contact with Support in order to have a new set sent out to you that's the latest iterations that are currently available. If you have contacted them already but are having issues getting it addressed, please feel free to provide your ticket or case number on this thread or via PM so I can look into it. It's understood that stability is paramount, so we want to ensure that issues like this are sorted in a timely manner.
2017-5-2
Use props
AmateurTom
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-2 07:16
If you feel that there are early stability issues with your aircraft due to your prop/ mount combination, I would suggest getting in contact with Support in order to have a new set sent out to you that's the latest iterations that are currently available. If you have contacted them already but are having issues getting it addressed, please feel free to provide your ticket or case number on this thread or via PM so I can look into it. It's understood that stability is paramount, so we want to ensure that issues like this are sorted in a timely manner.

DJI-Jamie,  Thank you for your suggestion.  The purpose of this topic is to identify the solution that DJI has found will be the permanent fix for all red prop hubs.   Please clarify.  Are you saying that DJI is shipping on request, a new replacement red prop hub that differs form the quick attach hub supplied with the Inspire 2 aircraft ?    we have have the exact same aircraft with the factory installed red hub.   AS you can see in a previous post,  "replacement" parts have been received by other owners but appear to be the exact same part as what was installed during the initial assembly of each aircraft.

I ask you to be more specific .  Is there a newly designed hub that solves the loose red propeller issue.  

Also, please  clarify your statement " if you feel that there are stability issues with your aircraft"   We are concerned about a potential propeller / hub failure while in flight.  

Is DJI not concerned about this widely known problem ?

Thank you
2017-5-2
Use props
AmateurTom
lvl.2
United States

dldp-sp Posted at 2017-5-2 01:46

Regards,

Tom,
Agreed! It should be posted as a separate topic on this group that owners can now receive a replacement hub that is modified to match the red props.  
2017-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules