Video problem
837 11 2017-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kevo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi All

I've been having a problem with the video feed on my ipad mini 2, the issue is the live feed keeps freezing for a couple of seconds and the picture wipes downwards as though it's refreshing itself. I have tried for weeks now to resolve this but with no success. I've tried altering settings within the app also the camera settings but whatever I try doesn't make any difference and the problem remains.
When I first got the ipad I didn't have any problems so something has changed at some point to cause the issue. The only thing I have done differently is I updated the DJI Go app and also the ios on the ipad to the latest versions. I did try and downgrade the ios to an older one to see if that resolved the issue but for some reason the ipad won't allow to downgrade to an older ios.
I am getting tired of it now as the video feed flickers and refreshes that much that it affects the whole flying experience to the point were I don't bother taking the inspire up.
If anyone could offer any help I would be extremely grateful as it has got me stumped and don't know what else to try.

Thanks in advance

Kev
2017-5-1
Use props
Kevo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Cmon guys really need some help with this one
2017-5-1
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Kevo Posted at 2017-5-1 09:42
Cmon guys really need some help with this one

Ok you could try the "Hardware Decode " enabled it on the go app  , make sure no other  apps are open in the background as well when you have the go app open .  Also try channel 20 in the Transmission settings  " custom " setting .   This is the best channel  for good clear signal . Also do a re link of the AC to RC to make sure that is working well also .

Now if the above dont work , I hate to tell you it is the Go aap device , the  I pad mini 2 does to have enough power for the latest FW for the Inspire .  If you can get hole of an iPad Air or Pro you will see a world of difference , I have seen this Many times .  

If you can borrow one great , for testing  but in the long run you are going to need a faster processor because the FW is going to continue to be complex and power hungry .  I know that your Mini  pad I worked in the past, but it just wont cut it any more . You need at least an A8 processor for smooth video with no glitches

I pad pro with  gps and cell 128 memory is the best in my opinion and from what I have heard from repair shops .  

donnie
2017-5-1
Use props
Kevo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Donnie * Posted at 2017-5-1 12:09
Ok you could try the "Hardware Decode " enabled it on the go app  , make sure no other  apps are open in the background as well when you have the go app open .  Also try channel 20 in the Transmission settings  " custom " setting .   This is the best channel  for good clear signal . Also do a re link of the AC to RC to make sure that is working well also .

Now if the above dont work , I hate to tell you it is the Go aap device , the  I pad mini 2 does to have enough power for the latest FW for the Inspire .  If you can get hole of an iPad Air or Pro you will see a world of difference , I have seen this Many times .  

Thanks Donnie, really appreciate your help, at least now I know what the problem is, cheers mate
2017-5-1
Use props
Kevo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

On the transmission setting, am I right in saying that I can either select 2.4 or 5.8ghz, if so which one is the best to use.
2017-5-1
Use props
Kevo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Donnie, I went to the transmission settings and the custom button is greyed out so I can't change the channel, any ideas
2017-5-1
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kevo Posted at 2017-5-1 13:19
Donnie, I went to the transmission settings and the custom button is greyed out so I can't change the channel, any ideas

unfortunately this feature is not available in the UK. You can change the iPad settings to the USA and the item will not be greyed out anymore.  Just make sure you are not braking the EU rules doing so, I have seen this posted on YouTube as a work around

Rich
2017-5-1
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kevo Posted at 2017-5-1 12:49
On the transmission setting, am I right in saying that I can either select 2.4 or 5.8ghz, if so which one is the best to use.

Are you talking about the Inspire 1 or Inspire 2?  The Inspire 1 has only 2.4Ghz for the HD video streaming. If you have the I2, 2.4 is stronger for long distance and 5.8 is better for close in work resisting more local radio interference.

Rich
2017-5-1
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Kevo Posted at 2017-5-1 12:49

Ok, bit confused here , you say 2.4 and 5.8  ....Is this the Inspire 2 you have or Inspire 1 ?  Also I forgot your  in the IK and dont have that option like Rich said, sorry bout that mate.

Let us know
By the way here is a reply from a member with a similar  issue as yours  to you and his reply " ( I was the first post reply he was referring to )

"Had the same since the December update. Tried everything, running an iPad mini 2. All the hacks, channel selection, even sent the aircraft back to Heliguy twice, had new X5 ribbon and PCB. Still the same. Sorry to say 1st post was correct, the only way I got a resolution from all the poor connection, no video, grey/green screening was to upgrade to a 9.7 iPad Pro. Now 100% perfect, no loss of signal, back to the good old days, where I can actually use the aircraft without the lags etc......"
2017-5-2
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434931 ft
United States

Kevo Posted at 2017-5-1 13:19

Personally I think your problems is the out dated iPad. If you had a new iPhone to test, this would confirm the iPad is struggling. If both devices have the video feed problem, then its the Inspire.
2017-5-2
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6693586 ft
Australia

iPad mini 2 just doesn't cut the mustard. I used to have just a mini 3 and it was on the brink of not being able to keep up. Now I have a mini 4 that I use for the "master" RC and use the mini 3 for my "slave" camera operator RC.

But I also:
- Turned on hardware decoding
- Turned off video cache
- Cleared the video cache
- Installed the 32 channel hack
- Manually select the channel

Normally I leave it on channel 20, but if I'm in an area with increased noise I'll pick the cleanest option. It's always worth checking to see what the frequencies are doing before takeoff.
2017-5-3
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

MrSilicon Posted at 2017-5-3 00:00
iPad mini 2 just doesn't cut the mustard. I used to have just a mini 3 and it was on the brink of not being able to keep up. Now I have a mini 4 that I use for the "master" RC and use the mini 3 for my "slave" camera operator RC.

But I also:

Good advice there my friend !

donnie
2017-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules