Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Green Screen Issue Iphone 6? Air Encoder Error
3262 22 2017-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trekz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3245 ft
United States

I get this green screen issue with my iphone 6 every now and then. It's not consistant, but it happens. Can anyone please help? I took a screen shot of it, and it said, " Air Encoder Error."  Also, I had connection issues. The screen flickered green consistantly on my second flight. My first flight flew perfect with no problems. I did change the SD cards because I filled the it with pictures on the first flight, but I don't think that's the reason behind the flickering green screen. The green screenshot is not my picture, but it is an accurate illustration of the same exact problem I ran across. I need my p4p to work legit for an out of country trip that might happen soon. DJI can you please help?
-The DJI P4P and the DJI GO 4 app are updated to the latest firmwares.-

IMG_1080.PNG
snippet.JPG
2017-5-1
Use props
Trekz
Second Officer
United States

I'm also using the DJI HDMI module
2017-5-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Trekz Posted at 2017-5-2 17:06
I'm also using the DJI HDMI module

Is this happening right after upgrading to the HDMI module, or did you have a few other successful flights after that?
2017-5-2
Use props
Trekz
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-2 20:06
Is this happening right after upgrading to the HDMI module, or did you have a few other successful flights after that?

I had numerous successful flights. This happens here and there. It's actually rare, but like I said, I might be going on a trip, so I need it to work 100%. When it does happen, it disables my ability to efficiently see through the phone screen. It goes green every second or two, so LOS, or a general idea of where it's at, is definitely needed.  
2017-5-2
Use props
gt3rs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 280056 ft
United Kingdom

I have a similar issue with an iPhone 6 plus, I thought it was the SD but the problem seems to be related to the local caching of the video on the iPhone.
I have disabled this feature and now it seems stable no more green screen. It seems that when the cache is full it has problem while deleting the old cached items but I'm not 100% sure, I need to test it once again with the cache full and with the cache emptied.
2017-5-3
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

gt3rs Posted at 2017-5-3 02:39
I have a similar issue with an iPhone 6 plus, I thought it was the SD but the problem seems to be related to the local caching of the video on the iPhone.
I have disabled this feature and now it seems stable no more green screen. It seems that when the cache is full it has problem while deleting the old cached items but I'm not 100% sure, I need to test it once again with the cache full and with the cache emptied.

That's one of my theories too- That the issues happen as the cache is being emptied. Just a theory though.
2017-5-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Trekz Posted at 2017-5-2 21:28
I had numerous successful flights. This happens here and there. It's actually rare, but like I said, I might be going on a trip, so I need it to work 100%. When it does happen, it disables my ability to efficiently see through the phone screen. It goes green every second or two, so LOS, or a general idea of where it's at, is definitely needed.

Have you tried the advice in post #5 to see if there's any improvement? I'm sorry if this was missed, but you have not had any hard landings, correct?
2017-5-3
Use props
Trekz
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-3 14:20
Have you tried the advice in post #5 to see if there's any improvement? I'm sorry if this was missed, but you have not had any hard landings, correct?

I haven't had any hard landings, and I haven't been able to fly it lately. I'll check it out later. It seems like this happens out of the blue every now and then.
2017-5-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Trekz Posted at 2017-5-11 20:51
I haven't had any hard landings, and I haven't been able to fly it lately. I'll check it out later. It seems like this happens out of the blue every now and then.

Keep me posted when you have the chance.
2017-5-11
Use props
Trekz
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-11 21:05
Keep me posted when you have the chance.

The first half of the video is the problem, then it started working normal again in the last half. I later used an iphone 6 plus and it worked good. I then switched it back to the first iphone 6 that had the problem in that youtube video, and it worked good too. Now I'm starting to think it's my p4p itself. I have a flight to the Philippines on June 5, so can I please get this checked out before I go? I know you guys helped me out before when I had my p3p sent in, but can I just drive down to the Carson, CA since it's only about half and hour away?
2017-5-21
Use props
Tmygun
First Officer
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lets go for the not so obvious, first......have you changes out the lightning cable to another one just to confirm you can repeat the problem??
2017-5-21
Use props
Trekz
Second Officer
United States

Tmygun Posted at 2017-5-21 19:30
Lets go for the not so obvious, first......have you changes out the lightning cable to another one just to confirm you can repeat the problem??

Yes, I already did that^

Update: I just flew it out today and there were zero problems. Like I said before, it happens out of the blue. When it does happen though, I don't see anything on my screen besides that green screen.  SInce I'm have a ticket for June 5, I'm hoping I can get this resolved.
2017-5-21
Use props
Trekz
Second Officer
United States

^^^^^up^^^^^
2017-5-26
Use props
Trekz
Second Officer
United States

2017-5-31
Use props
Trekz
Second Officer
Philippines

I'm currently out of the country, and my drone acts up every now and then. I have to fly it with a HDMI screen. Any tips on how to keep it from green screening?
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Trekz Posted at 2017-6-17 21:59
I'm currently out of the country, and my drone acts up every now and then. I have to fly it with a HDMI screen. Any tips on how to keep it from green screening?

Do you notice any difference when you choose the channels manually as opposed to auto?
2017-6-17
Use props
Trekz
Second Officer
Philippines

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-17 22:05
Do you notice any difference when you choose the channels manually as opposed to auto?

2.4/5.8 = it's the same.
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Trekz Posted at 2017-6-17 22:09
2.4/5.8 = it's the same.

What I was mostly referring to is the "channel mode" that allows for you to either channel hop automatically or to manually select a channel to stay on for the most stable feed.
Image Transmission on P4P Series.JPG
2017-6-19
Use props
Trekz
Second Officer
Philippines

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-19 09:47
What I was mostly referring to is the "channel mode" that allows for you to either channel hop automatically or to manually select a channel to stay on for the most stable feed.
[view_image]

I'll do that next flight, but this green screen is turning out to be a real problem here. When I plug in an external hdmi screen, that has no problems, but the iphone 6 screen is problematic. It's not a big deal, but it takes longer to set up a flight running the external monitor and the iphone 6. Thanks for your input DJI Jamie^ I'll let you know how it goes.
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Trekz Posted at 2017-6-19 17:53
I'll do that next flight, but this green screen is turning out to be a real problem here. When I plug in an external hdmi screen, that has no problems, but the iphone 6 screen is problematic. It's not a big deal, but it takes longer to set up a flight running the external monitor and the iphone 6. Thanks for your input DJI Jamie^ I'll let you know how it goes.

Please keep me posted when you have the chance.
2017-6-20
Use props
Trekz
Second Officer
Philippines

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-20 09:07
Please keep me posted when you have the chance.

I flew it twice on manual 2.4 ghz, and it worked great with no problems. Thank you so much DJI- Jamie!
Does that green screen problem happen to everyone though?
2017-6-20
Use props
aunaste
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2064140 ft
Estonia

Trekz Posted at 2017-6-20 17:03
I flew it twice on manual 2.4 ghz, and it worked great with no problems. Thank you so much DJI- Jamie!
Does that green screen problem happen to everyone though?

I have the same issue with iPhone 6s. With iPad Air no green screen issues.
2017-6-24
Use props
Yeri Tan
lvl.3

United States

Try to delete and reinstall the DJi app on your iPhone. Or try to update the iPhone system to solve the compatibilty issue.  If no use, you can use the TunesKit iOS System Recovery ( https://www.tuneskit.com/ios-system-recovery-for-win.html) to fix the green issue without data loss.
2021-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules