Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic in flight Gps mode to ATTI mode!!!
6498 13 2017-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matt77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2362198 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Hi!

I would like to ask a question about switching one mode to another during the flight!!!

I recently had a bitter experience with suddenly unusual drone behavior, after the first warning that the gps signal was weak, the aircraft just got violently to the left side and the maneuver had come turn the aircraft on back. I was flyght really close to myself and I saw everything with my own eyes and I can say that the drone has become totally uncontrollable after switching mode! It all happened in seconds, my reaction was that I could only stop the engines when the aircraft was already on the ground! More damage was prevented by the pine tree, which was about 5 meters from the aircraft which went in that direction. On the controller I could read a few warnings after the crush, one of them was please calibrate visual sensors with DJI assistet 2 or DJI go app. It also wrote a 10c00 error!

I see I'm not the first case in which the pilot lost control over the drone. Most of the problems and damage was caused by switching modes (as I can read), and some lost the 1000€ drone...

Is there a recommendation to avoid such a scenario?
My dron was on the service and Flight Log is downloaded. I'm currently expecting a diagnosis that will tell me more about this case.

I do not currently have confidence in the drone, and I will not fly until I find out more about avoiding this problem.

Anyone who has experienced this and has good advice is welcome.

Thnx...
2017-5-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

How soon after take off did you lose gps, the problem with a lot who lose gps is they don't wait long enough for gps lock or say 12 satellites and check bar graph to make sure you have proper signal. I say this because you said Mavic was close to you.
If you lose gps high up in the air you have plenty of time to get your bearings and fly your aircraft in Atti mode to land or bring down safely.
2017-5-1
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
United Kingdom

I understand how you are feeling right now. Flying a $1000 drone just made you more worried when something like this happened. Hopefully DJI can give you a proper diagnosis. My advice to regain your confidence is to fly on Beginner mode to make yourself familiarize with the device. Also try on different settings available for Mavic. Flying Mavic is fun but accident like this where you don't know what went wrong can become traumatic.
2017-5-1
Use props
Matt77
lvl.1
  • >>>
Croatia

I did not intentionally write down some of this information, I wanted to see if somebody knew something about it, I always wait for me to become green in the window and wait for another 30 sec. Then I start!.
2017-5-1
Use props
Matt77
lvl.1
  • >>>
Croatia

I am pretty afraid to raise the mavic and fly away after reading that people have problems. Is There an official protocol by DJI, how to handle the in case when the gps signal is weak and threatens to interrupt it? Maybe some limitation in settings?
2017-5-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Matt77 Posted at 2017-5-1 11:23
I did not intentionally write down some of this information, I wanted to see if somebody knew something about it, I always wait for me to become green in the window and wait for another 30 sec. Then I start!.

Look I think if your serious about this , you will get much better help and answers if you upload your logs to this link.
http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-4/#DataLog
Just go to link and follow instructions, and then come back here and post the link.

If you choose not to do this all you will get is people guessing on what might have happened
2017-5-1
Use props
Matt77
lvl.1
  • >>>
Croatia

Currently can not upload anything because my dron is on the service.
2017-5-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Matt77 Posted at 2017-5-1 11:36
Currently can not upload anything because my dron is on the service.

You can upload your log from the app on your phone or tablet you used , as I said just go to link and follow instructions, it's not very difficult.
2017-5-1
Use props
Flybee
Captain
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Matt77 Posted at 2017-5-1 11:23

Be sure that it's the "correct"  Green cause it can be green without having GPS so read carefully what the RC displays. I second what Hallmark sad about if you are a bit up in the air it's not a big problem, Had this thing once and it took me a couple of seconds to regain control and it feels veeerrrryyyy long.

Happy flying when you get your bird back,
2017-5-1
Use props
mdj1017
New
Australia

It Seems like this is quite a common problem. I flew my 1 week old mavic pro and it gave me the same in flight problem, the dji go app started to give me compass error warning and then IMU problem warning asking me to switch to Atti mode.

Drone started to drift although wasnt a fast drift, and lucky it happened when the drone was hovering stationary around 15 mtr (off the water too!)

I was quite unsure what to do, afraid if i switched to atti mode it will worsen the condition, it seemed like i still managed to control the drone all though it was kind of erratic control as the drone kept on drifting left and right

But the good thing is the lowering stick worked perfectly so i managed to land it safely.

It gave me a gps ok and home location ok sign, all systems were green and i calibrated compas before i flew, checked the imu sensor and it was on the green, gps reception was strong with 16 satelites received

I did all pre flight checklist and i think i am lucky for today who knows what happened tomorrow? I am not flying this drone until i get answer from dji

For add info, i went to a pier, it gave me a strong magnetic warning, so i moved and managed to find a location in which the app on my phone told me it was ok so i proceeded to fly
2017-7-21
Use props
Airmack
New
United States

Nood question and sorry to post this but what is Atti mode?
2017-7-23
Use props
rshah921
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-1 10:59
How soon after take off did you loose gps, the problem with a lot who loose gps is they don't wait long enough for gps lock or say 12 satellites and check bar graph to make sure you have proper signal. I say this because you said Mavic was close to you.
If you loose gps high up in the air you have plenty of time to get your bearings and fly your aircraft in Atti mode to land or bring down safely.

Just got a new mavic. Can you switch from GPS to ATTI mid-flight?
2017-11-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rshah921 Posted at 2017-11-3 07:56

Know you can’t , Atti mode is automatic if you lose gps your Mavic will go Int Atti mode auto.
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rshah921 Posted at 2017-11-3 07:56

Hallmark is correct. Mavic does not support to switch to ATTI mode manually.
2017-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules