Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Noisy video on every setting
5333 13 2017-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Haruuj
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Every clip of video I take is noisy. What am I doing wrong? I have the sharpness dialed in, exposure is correct. Is it a defect in the camera?

2017-5-1
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Post a video somewhere so we can see what you are seeing.

In general:
  • The lower the light, the higher the noise.
  • Too much sharpening in lower light can bring out the noise.

2017-5-1
Use props
Haruuj
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-5-1 19:17
Post a video somewhere so we can see what you are seeing.

In general:

There is noise at every sharpen setting. I am recording in daylight with lots of light but properly exposed. There is noise everywhere.
2017-5-1
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Haruuj Posted at 2017-5-1 19:22
There is noise at every sharpen setting. I am recording in daylight with lots of light but properly exposed. There is noise everywhere.

Again as Ex said, post a videos and with what kind of settings are using so we can help.
2017-5-1
Use props
cristianc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

I am also curious, I did notice a fair a bit of noise in my videos since raising the +1 sharpness
2017-5-1
Use props
Anoniem
First Officer
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

This phenomenon is "normal", when you are selecting a positive sharpness the Mavic is not doing any Noise reduction.
In order to have a very sharp and clean picture, use a plug-in like Neatvideo.
Even better, create a noise profile for the mavic with their chart(free download at their website) so you have a perfect general noise profile for the sensor of the Mavic.

In case you notice a flickering issue in especially the shadows and with high detailed pictures, this is related to the intra frame, you could make a good noise profile that removes this flickering as well as the general noise from the sensor.
Result will impress you, to my opinion external noise reduction is a must.

2017-5-1
Use props
Anoniem
First Officer
Netherlands

Here about sharpness +1, they do sell noise profiles

This video especially about the flickering, and removing it

Some more examples before and after
2017-5-1
Use props
Anoniem
First Officer
Netherlands

Kick up                                       
2017-5-2
Use props
wheezy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 86755 ft
United States

Come online, bitch about problem, people offer to help and ask for example. Person disappears. LOL

My Mavic has exceeded all my expectations. Shooting broadcast productions at work with mine (albeit lower budget commercials, but still). Huge fan of NeatNoise FWIW.
2017-6-22
Use props
RCNJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

So is everyone saying it's great if worked on in post, but as default not very good ? As that's what I've found, without post work the mavic video is not as good
2017-6-22
Use props
Bradders
Second Officer
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Thats very odd, I have experienced something like this before on a DSLR and it was due to the write speed of the memory card.. I have always found memory cards to cause issues if they are not sufficient. I purchased this card for the Mavic: http://amzn.to/2rWtEgh
Its basically the best card around and have not had any problems  
2017-6-22
Use props
JustusLM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1579888 ft
Germany

Bradders Posted at 2017-6-22 14:07
Thats very odd, I have experienced something like this before on a DSLR and it was due to the write speed of the memory card.. I have always found memory cards to cause issues if they are not sufficient. I purchased this card for the Mavic: http://amzn.to/2rWtEgh
Its basically the best card around and have not had any problems

So you don't experience the flickering or the artifacts/noise while shooting at sharpness +1?
If that honestly works I'm buying that SD card!

But it would be nice if you could confirm this.
2018-2-12
Use props
Anoniem
First Officer
Netherlands

JustusLM Posted at 2018-2-12 11:42
So you don't experience the flickering or the artifacts/noise while shooting at sharpness +1?
If that honestly works I'm buying that SD card!

DJI has the resolution to this wide spread phenomenon, just buy the AIR !
If you are having the pro or platinum, you always are getting this problem.. it is by design.
2018-2-12
Use props
djiuser_aZPYQMHCG7JW
lvl.1

Canada

Hi I know this is a late reply but I'm having the same problem.  The playback looks like .... The gimbal starts up weird (points upward)
2019-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules