606 4 2017-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Avanex20
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22982 ft
United States

Hi,
So I recently sent in my mavic pro for a "gimbal motor overload" issue. The mavic would turn on and the camera would spin in a bunch of different directions. After I sent in the mavic for the repair, I was informed that I would have to use my DJI care refresh to fix the problem. I would have thought it would have been covered under the regular warranty. This is really frustrating that I have to use my DJI care refresh when it is not my fault. Anyone else have experience with this?
2017-5-2
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1303780 ft
Germany

I had gimbal motor overload issues with P4P right out of the box and I am waiting to hear from them (just shipped back the Phantom). What is their justification for that?
2017-5-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you please provide your case number so I can look into it?
2017-5-2
Use props
Avanex20
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22982 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-2 13:53
Could you please provide your case number so I can look into it?

Thanks Jamie,

I just PMed you my case number. Anything you could do to help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
2017-5-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Avanex20 Posted at 2017-5-3 17:00
Thanks Jamie,

I just PMed you my case number. Anything you could do to help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Based on the information provided, they had found evidence of impact damage that could have contributed to the gimbal overload error. Crashes or hard landings in of themselves are not covered under warranty, unless the crash damage has been verified to be caused by a malfunction by the aircraft.

There ia a request to have the unit re-evaluated, but that's the most that can be done at this time.
2017-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules