Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Grounded - The Off Topic thread.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

I have not been grounded. Instead have started this thread as a place to post about stuff which is of a more social nature. Have seen this work well in other forums so that may be the same here.

To kick things off, on the drive back from my RePL course I passed this old shed. It looks like one more storm will be it's last. The light was lovely at the time and so I grabbed this shot.
IMG_1689.JPG
2017-5-2
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

"It looks like one more storm will be it's last. "
Shed is good for another 20 years, that power pole in the field to the right might fall in the next storm though, how come it has a huge bend in the middle?    Is your lens distorted, or is it the pole
2017-5-2
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

"Is your lens distorted, or is it the pole"

Lens is fine and I think that post may be Lithuanian.
2017-5-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It is a pretty "click-bait-y" title for sure.

Did you take this while hovering low to the ground, or were you holding the unit up?
2017-5-2
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-2 15:00
It is a pretty "click-bait-y" title for sure.

Did you take this while hovering low to the ground, or were you holding the unit up?

As the subject suggests this was not taken when flying. Instead it was with a Nikon D800 with a 20mm f2.8 lens.
Just thought it would be nice to have a thread for "off topic" banter rather than clog up other threads.
2017-5-2
Use props
digitalintruder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

that cow looks menacing. Nice shot tho :-)
2017-5-2
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Here is another recent "Grounded" photo of my local valley in flood.

The original image out of the camera was quite flat and boring but the clouds were nice and there was texture on the water. These come out a lot better when shown in monochrome. I think I may put some film grain into the midtones before I print this one.
Corndale Lake 2.jpg
2017-5-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Top of the ridge looks like the corrugated roof has been just done, this building is ripe for renovation, looks like that place Jesus was born.
2017-5-3
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Think you mean the crepuscular rays from the sun behind the cloud.
2017-5-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

This wind's been ticking me off.  Tomorrow will be the sixth day in a row of high winds here in Maryland.  WTF.  
2017-5-3
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-5-3 16:40
This wind's been ticking me off.  Tomorrow will be the sixth day in a row of high winds here in Maryland.  WTF.

We are at the mercy of the elements.
2017-5-3
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

The DJI KKKQ seems to have been put on the backburner.

What a shame.
2017-5-30
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109281 ft
Australia

Cabansail Posted at 2017-5-30 20:34
The DJI KKKQ seems to have been put on the backburner.

What a shame.

As Joh would have said, "Need to feed the chooks, now don't you worry about that. My goodness."
2017-5-30
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Even Trump does not live up to the characters who used to be in Queensland politics.

Remember Rus Hinze? I recall him giving the reason why a report that he had visited a Brothel in the Valley was false. He said he could not have been there as he could not climb the stairs.
2017-5-31
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109281 ft
Australia

Cabansail Posted at 2017-5-31 14:23
Even Trump does not live up to the characters who used to be in Queensland politics.

Remember Rus Hinze? I recall him giving the reason why a report that he had visited a Brothel in the Valley was false. He said he could not have been there as he could not climb the stairs.

Big Russ, the Minister for Everything. And they keep on coming - but not by train. No drivers.
2017-5-31
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

I bought a new lens, well to me anyway. It is used but is in mint condition even in the original box.

It is the Nikon 14-24mm f2.8 which is the third part of my now complete Holy Trinity. The other two being 24-70 f2.8 and 70-200 f2.8.

Must take it out to shoot some winter light shots.
2017-6-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Cabansail Posted at 2017-6-5 14:53
I bought a new lens, well to me anyway. It is used but is in mint condition even in the original box.

It is the Nikon 14-24mm f2.8 which is the third part of my now complete Holy Trinity. The other two being 24-70 f2.8 and 70-200 f2.8.

Nice. I recently swapped from Canon to Sony, and had to sell off my collection of Canon glass, now I have to buy Sony equivalents and they are expensive.
2017-6-5
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

My main system has been Nikon due to a decision made before I was born. A friend of my fathers did some freelance press photography in the late 50's and 60's. Back then just about all the photojournalists used the Nikon F1.  When my father bought an SLR ne got the consumer version, a Nikkormat FTN and some lenses. He could then also borrow lenses from his friend. Later when I got into photography I used this gear and later bought it from him. Over the years added and changed. When buying my first DSLR I looked at what to buy. I had Nikon glass but really disliked the then Nikon Australia agent. What I did was buy a Grey Market Nikon D70S and the story has continued.

I would actually like to own an original F1 as that is where it all began. I did get a chance to buy a mint Nikon F4S a while back. It was almost thrown in with a lens. Must shoot some film again.
2017-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules