Firmware update won't complete
959 6 2017-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TJH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50830 ft
United States

Received my P4P back yesterday for DJI repair and I'm using a sumsung tablet with the DJI 4 app. After syncing the tablet with the drone and start the latest firmware update ver 01.03.0509 with the drone, it show the process gets to 5% then gives a message that it has stopped the update with the option to send DJI message. Would anyone know why this  is failing... suggestions. I've tried this several times with no success. Thanks
2017-5-2
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

Probably your internet connection has corrupted the download. Keep trying, or try when there is less internet traffic in your area, i.e late at night so your download comes down faster with less fragmented packets
2017-5-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you tried updating via the Assistant 2 software as well?
2017-5-2
Use props
TJH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50830 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie, didn't know about the Assistant 2 software, is that a download from Google Play? Not sure what that does.
2017-5-2
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TJH Posted at 2017-5-2 15:46
DJI-Jamie, didn't know about the Assistant 2 software, is that a download from Google Play? Not sure what that does.

No, it is from the DJI website. As Spike said, make sure you have fast internet / WI-FI and I will definitely use a fast phone instead of a tablet. I had MINI2 and I always had problem updating so I stopped using it and started using my Iphone6S+

Good Luck!

2017-5-2
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Here is what you need.
2017-5-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you still cannot get the firmware to complete via the app, try downloading the Assistant 2 software via the links provided in post #6.
2017-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules