Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why would this not be covered?
697 3 2017-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jhhan_107
New
Flight distance : 10440 ft
Canada

I recently sent in a DJI Phantom 3 Pro for repairs.
It not only took them about one week to "accept" or "receive" by drone after UPS has delievered it, they emailed me today saying it will cost $300 for things that are not damaged?

The only reason I sent it in for repairs was that the SD card would not engage after about 10 inserts and removals. When we put the SD card in the slot it usually locks in place but for me it just simply bounces out.

I have normally used the drone as anyone could tell and have not deliberatlly tried to break the SD slot. I have never removed or disassembled any part of it, and the lables and serial numbres are all there. I've sent it in with my proof of purchase and receipt. It should be covered by warranty as stated in the company's policy:
  • During warranty period, product is normal used, as intended by the manufacturer.
  • No unauthorized disassembling, modification or installation has been performed.
  • Labels, Serial Numbers, waterproof mark, false proof mark, etc. show no signs of tampering or altering;
  • Valid proof-of-purchase, receipt or order number DJI Online Store
Yet, DJI sent me this email today:

Im sorry what? Since when did I break my whole drone basically? My landing gear, gimbal, main board, and both covers?
Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 5.42.07 PM.png
2017-5-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to have kept you waiting in receiving process, we are aware of this situation, and working hard to speed up the process now, thank you for your understanding.
We've informed the local repair team to escalate your case again, will let you know the details about the damage assessment on your aircraft.
2017-5-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I would be able to acquire more information for you once the repair facility is open again Tomorrow.
2017-5-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The repair team is charging you due to there being evidence of crash damage. Crashes in of themselves are not covered under warranty unless there is verification that the damage was caused by a malfunction of the aircraft.
2017-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules