Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Artifacts when shooting in d-log
833 3 2017-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mjacobson
lvl.3
United States

I understand that shooting in d-log and d-cinelike is generally better since you get more dynamic range for the footage.  I've noticed, though, after color correcting/grading (usually with a LUT, but not always), I get lots of artifacts in the video.  ND filters seem to have helped a little and keeping the shutter speed to 1/60 when I'm filming 30 FPS.  However, I don't get the same effect when shooting in 'none' or 'true color'.  Even after applying a LUT to that footage, I still don't get the artifacts I have usually seen.  Any advice?  Does anyone still get sufficient dynamic range filming on a profile other than d-log or d-cinelike?
2017-5-2
Use props
SkySailorMan
Captain
Flight distance : 2170768 ft
United States

Try shooting in Art +1-2-2 or +1-3-3. Of D-Log, D-Cinelike, and Art, I've found Art to produce the best results. I use a LUT specifically designed for Art. Also, the +1 Sharpness keeps the NR away, and you can soften the sharpness in post if you prefer.
2017-5-2
Use props
mjacobson
lvl.3
United States

SkySailorMan Posted at 2017-5-2 18:20
Try shooting in Art +1-2-2 or +1-3-3. Of D-Log, D-Cinelike, and Art, I've found Art to produce the best results. I use a LUT specifically designed for Art. Also, the +1 Sharpness keeps the NR away, and you can soften the sharpness in post if you prefer.

Man, I must be out of touch.  I thought we lost art mode.  Did we get it back?
2017-5-2
Use props
SkySailorMan
Captain
Flight distance : 2170768 ft
United States

mjacobson Posted at 2017-5-2 18:23
Man, I must be out of touch.  I thought we lost art mode.  Did we get it back?

Art came back at least two firmware updates ago. Don't recall exactly, but it has been at least a couple months by now.
2017-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules