Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Autopilot App on App Store
1351 3 2017-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WOLF Y LOBO
lvl.1
Australia

Hi guys.

I was shown this app the other day by a friend and never thought of running any kind of 3rd party app to control/fly the drone. Has anyone used it? Any comments on the $45 app over what DJI gives us ?

Cheers

2017-5-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you have the time to put a lot of study and time in , it's a great app, but a better choice would be litchi it's a much less complicated app to use a lot easier than dji GS, it also offers a lot more and it's cheaper than autopilot..
2017-5-4
Use props
WOLF Y LOBO
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks, thats  a great recommendation. A lot of the issues with dropped software and apps seems to stem from Android so I feel safe(r) in the knowledge that I'll be using iOS. Its only $10 cheaper than Autopilot over here in Oz but if its a better app then thats what matters.

Thanks for the headsup
2017-5-4
Use props
ghost_ATX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1277703 ft
United States

I have both Litchi and Autopilot. Litchi is infinitely easier to use. It has a ton of features and recovers really well from flight errors (RC lost signal, mag interference, etc.). I particularly like the ability to preplan my flights on my computer before I go out and actually upload and fly my "mission" once I'm on-site.  Autopilot is much more intensive and there is a learning curve regarding the software, but it also has a ton of features that are similar to Litchi, and actually exceed Litichi. Both are very good apps. It just depends on what effort you are willing to make to learn the software. I use them to fly development sites and make precision circuits and flybys of potential building sites. I'm glad I have both of them, even if it is a little redundant. They are each $20+ USA dollars to download but if you are willing to pay around $800 to $1K for a drone, $20 bucks is not that much for all of the features they offer. There are a bunch of great tutorials and informational videos on YouTube - they will help you decide which one (or neither) is better for you. For the record I use them on an iPad mini, so I can't speak to how they work on Android devices. They work great in iOS. I've never once had the software crash after using this 3rd party software for more than a year. I probably just jinxed myself - ha.
2017-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules