4k video flickering? Help need opinion!
5495 10 2017-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4ef2d21b
New
United Kingdom

Hi guys,

I hope you can give me your honest opinion about my video I'm not really sure how to call this issue but image on my video is not sharp like on other 4k videos on youtube.
I don't know if it's a problem with focus my setting or anything else but the edges of the building and shadows are moving around. I can say that after I've uploded that raw file to youtube it looks a little bit better but still it bugging me.
I've tried different settings in different places, day times and it's still the same.

Thanks
2017-5-3
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Sensor is not the best you can get but with some work you can get is really nice.
Start recording with sharpness +1, lock white balance, use some ND filters to get the correct shutterspeed and keep your eye on exposure.
Your problem might be relate d to the shutterspeed but do look at this topic and scroll down to my posting https://forum.dji.com/thread-94796-1-2.html
So in short, do not let the Mavic do any noise reduction en get the correct settings with ND filter.
2017-5-3
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Here are the video's that helped me out to get a better picture.
Here about sharpness +1, they do sell noise profiles for neatvideo

This video especially about the flickering, and removing it with neatvideo

Some more examples before and after

2017-5-3
Use props
fans4ef2d21b
New
United Kingdom

So you are saying that there is nothing wrong with gimbal/camera it's rather settings fault?
2017-5-3
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

Have the same issues with flickering. still trying to figure out if this is expected behavior or a my Mavic's fault
2017-5-29
Use props
The Droninator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5538 ft
Germany

My footage is flickering too and I still cannot believe that every Mavic has got this malfunction.... :-/
That´s realy CRAP !!!
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid801961
2017-5-30
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

As I posted in another post, what I thought was stutter was speed over the network. 4K may require more bandwidth than is available, hence the stutter.
2017-5-30
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Greece

PHL Posted at 2017-5-30 02:26
As I posted in another post, what I thought was stutter was speed over the network. 4K may require more bandwidth than is available, hence the stutter.

Thanks for your input. The OP's message is about flickering happening on their footage. If you select 1080p at Youtube's settings and wait until the video is loaded so you can play  the video without the possibility of issues due to the network.

Have you noticed the flickering in OP's original posted video? Do you have similar flickering on your videos?
I'm just trying to figure out if this is a generic issue for all, or for some specific Mavics.

If the fault was obvious, like the famous focus issue, it would be easier to know if it was Mavic's fault or not.
2017-5-30
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Seems to be a ripple more than a flicker.
Im not sure using ND filters and and camera adjustments will cure that.
ND filters will fix some of the issues like the slow motion jerky waves and smooth out the overall image, but i think there is something else going on.
At least try with settings that were recommended to see if you can improve it somewhat. ND filters are a must with this camera.
2017-5-30
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Greece

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-5-30 03:15
Seems to be a ripple more than a flicker.
Im not sure using ND filters and and camera adjustments will cure that.
ND filters will fix some of the issues like the slow motion jerky waves and smooth out the overall image, but i think there is something else going on.

Well, I tried that. It looks that ND could help minimize the flickering but not completely eliminate it.
2017-5-30
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

jpap Posted at 2017-5-30 02:37
Thanks for your input. The OP's message is about flickering happening on their footage. If you select 1080p at Youtube's settings and wait until the video is loaded so you can play  the video without the possibility of issues due to the network.

Have you noticed the flickering in OP's original posted video? Do you have similar flickering on your videos?

It my case it was actually worse over the network with 4K. The OP's video, on casual look, wasn't that obvious, but when you look for it, you can certainly see it, more, as someone else said, a stutter rather than flicker.
2017-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules