Autolanding in high winds
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

I recently got my motor burned out because the drone tipped over while I was trying to land itI should've hand catched it...
Now I'm wondering could the drone have done the landing itself better without it tipping over?
2017-5-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Probably not.  In autolanding, it's still exposed to the wind.
2017-5-3
Use props
apomares-Vzla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 633609 ft
United States

Not recommended taking off or even manual landing on ground when windy. It will tipp over. When takinfg off it will tip over just after turning motors on. I always fly with an assistent and she helps out taking off from hands and picking it at landing. No matter if it is windy or not, it also helps not getting dusty.
2017-5-4
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

do not fly in high winds or gusty winds.... if u do in moderate winds, taking off with someone or from a location that is somewhat shielded is important...  landing into your hand in such condition is way better (be careful though and think it through - wind direction, where you stand, how high is the drone when you catch it.... i usually try to be standing next to the drone, parallel to the wind direction.. this way if there's a sudden gust the drone either moves with the wind, or overcorrects and moves the other way, I am NOT in the path of that line of movement, but to the side...) Anyhow, good luck working this.  
2017-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules