Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Repairs sent me someone else's broken drone....cont....
2427 34 2017-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sjatty05
Flight distance : 294613 ft
United States

I sent in my Phantom 4 for repair.  It took four weeks and I understand the timing was bad because they were moving buildings.  The case is CAS-535650-G4D7S4

At first they said they were going to do some gimbal repair.  Next thing I know, they are replacing the drone.  I was told it was a new drone, but it arrived today and it already has a name: Bjarne.  In addition, one of the red lights is out on it.   I think I got someone else's drone.

I purchased DJI Care so because of the promise of reapair or replace.  If I wanted someone else's broken drone, I could buy one on Craigslist and I wouldn't have to wait a month to get it.

I tried the online support, but it was disconnected.  Somehow I don't think it was an accident.  

Please respond soon.  I am going to contact Paypal and my Credit Card company.  

This is rotten service.

2017-4-25
Use props
The Roach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

You typically get a refurb replacement.  I had a noisy fan issue when I got mine back but didn't bother with it, just living with it 'cause I don't hear it much.  I had the same thing happen with the machine name when I got my refurb back.  I actually tracked the guy down on the web and spoke, kind of a security risk if you ask me.   
2017-4-25
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

I totally think this is WRONG!! If you send in your bird for repair then it should be repaired and sent back to you. The SAME drone as the one you sent them. I do not understand their reasons for doing this other than it just saves them time.
2017-4-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

When you send your AC in for repair, you get another one back.  It's been that way for a long time and it's in the warranty.  
2017-4-25
Use props
Sjatty05
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-4-25 16:42
When you send your AC in for repair, you get another one back.  It's been that way for a long time and it's in the warranty.

Unfortunately what I got was not tested.  Even the most casual observer can see one of the lights is out.  I don't know what else was wrong since it wasn't tested.

2017-4-25
Use props
hungdang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Contact DJI support to return, refurb mean the phantom is in good condition not broken state like the one they sent you. This is bad service
2017-4-25
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
Second Officer
United States

My drone is still under warranty but if something were to happen to it I would not send it to DJI I would send it straight to Paul Shaffer at FPV Customs. At least that way I know I'm going to get back MY drone and not something that was returned by someone else and patched up.
2017-4-25
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Sprtbkrydr Posted at 2017-4-25 17:11
My drone is still under warranty but if something were to happen to it I would not send it to DJI I would send it straight to Paul Shaffer at FPV Customs. At least that way I know I'm going to get back MY drone and not something that was returned by someone else and patched up.

Agree!   They need to fix the thing sent in and quit sending out scrubs.

I think - but I don't know for sure - that not only do you need to de-register your lost-in-service drone with the FAA if is was a 107 drone (Commercially registered.) and then register the refurbished replacement one with the FAA due to the change in serial numbers?

Dunno, but it could be a mess with the FAA if true.
2017-4-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about it. Just checked your case, we replaced the aircraft and gimbal for you.
According to after-sales policy, replacement products or parts provided by DJI may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part’s warranty. For more information, please visit here: http://www.dji.com/service/policy
For the light issue, may I have a picture? I've reported your case to the local repair team, will escalate it for you soon, we'll try our best to help you get it sorted out. Very appreciate your support.
R.png
2017-4-25
Use props
hungdang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-25 20:24
Sorry to hear about it. Just checked your case, we replaced the aircraft and gimbal for you.
According to after-sales policy, replacement products or parts provided by DJI may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part’s warranty. For more information, please visit here: http://www.dji.com/service/policy
For the light issue, may I have a picture? I've reported your case to the local repair team, will escalate it for you soon, we'll try our best to help you get it sorted out. Very appreciate your support.

Hi Natalia
Replaced with the used one without throughout checked is not right, this tell us that the service center have not done the right thing for the customer. Please follow up and report to high level management.

Thanks
2017-4-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

hungdang Posted at 2017-4-25 21:57
Hi Natalia
Replaced with the used one without throughout checked is not right, this tell us that the service center have not done the right thing for the customer. Please follow up and report to high level management.

We do understand that and care much for your feedback.
We've reported this case to the management, will keep improving our quality control, we sincerely apologize for the trouble caused.
2017-4-26
Use props
Drone2621
lvl.4
Flight distance : 225292 ft
United Kingdom

So you buy a brand new drone and its faulty . You send it to DJI and they replace it with a old drone that has over 100000 air miles on it . Yes the replacment is  functional and in working order so in DJI  eyes the customer has no right to seek compensation for this. Even when the life expectancy of your plastic drone has been reduced through no fault of the consumer.

This is the reason any one who buys a drone  direct from DJI has been taken for a fool. I have already spoke with trading standards in the UK. DJI advertising and warranty practises are not in line with many EU trading laws. Seek legal advice and if you got it through a seller in your country go through them.  DJI warrenty is designed to absovle them of blame are cost for anything. And you will get a circle jerk of fanboys who will argue black id blue with you here on the forum
2017-4-26
Use props
Sjatty05
United States

https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/file:///C:/Users/Marian/Desktop/New%20folder/IMG_0121.JPG

I think that will get you to a picture of the light being out.  If not, please send me an email address that I can email it to.

This unit wasn't tested, because this light being out is the first thing that was noticed.  I really doubt that that anything else was tested or they would have taken the previous owner's name off.  This tells me that my drone is going to go to someone else.  How about removing my identifying information?  

This aircraft also doesn't seem to hold as steady as mine did.  That's the thing, since it wasn't tested and who even knows if it was repaired before it was recycled to me, it may do a flyaway and that is the end of the story.  

2017-4-26
Use props
Sjatty05
United States

Sjatty05 Posted at 2017-4-26 04:49
[view_image]

I think that will get you to a picture of the light being out.  If not, please send me an email address that I can email it to.

A supervisor contacted me today.  We agreed that I would send the craft back and I would receive expedited service.  He sent me a shipping tag right away.  

I believe that this is a result of posting on this forum, not because of the online assistance.  

Thank you, and I will let you know how it turns out.
2017-4-26
Use props
Repaid1
lvl.4
United States

I'm certainly not accepting of the service if bad, but I wonder if you think a few things may have happened. First and foremost the aircraft is test flown before it is approved as known good for a replacement and possibly again before it is shipped to you. That in itself says someone must link the aircraft to their account as far as I understand. So it is probable that the aircraft name is the tech who test flew it. Second any number of things could happen during shipping that could have caused that led light side to be faulty. I mean seriously have you seen some packages that we get nowadays? It's all kinds of Ace Ventura in the shipping world. So I am not saying what is what but things must be considered to not go straight to the negative. Also this is considered customer service, regardless of calls or Emails before, DJI did indeed step in and took care of the situation. I think sometimes people forget how bad DJI service was over a year ago and how far it has improved... I'm just saying nobody is perfect...Fly Safe and land happy!
2017-4-26
Use props
Sjatty05
United States

Repaid1 Posted at 2017-4-26 19:00
I'm certainly not accepting of the service if bad, but I wonder if you think a few things may have happened. First and foremost the aircraft is test flown before it is approved as known good for a replacement and possibly again before it is shipped to you. That in itself says someone must link the aircraft to their account as far as I understand. So it is probable that the aircraft name is the tech who test flew it. Second any number of things could happen during shipping that could have caused that led light side to be faulty. I mean seriously have you seen some packages that we get nowadays? It's all kinds of Ace Ventura in the shipping world. So I am not saying what is what but things must be considered to not go straight to the negative. Also this is considered customer service, regardless of calls or Emails before, DJI did indeed step in and took care of the situation. I think sometimes people forget how bad DJI service was over a year ago and how far it has improved... I'm just saying nobody is perfect...Fly Safe and land happy!

The package arrived packed great.  My case was on the inside with the craft and it was in a larger box surrounded by foam peanuts.  There is no chance that something happened during shipping.  As far as the aircraft name being the tech that tested it - they would have told me that when I called.  That explanation was not offered.  The craft didn't seem to fly as steadily.   I don't think it was tested.  

Now that I know how repairs and DJI Care works, if I need anything in the future, I will either go to someone knowledgeable or repair it myself.  The idea of getting a refurbished craft isn't appealing.  
2017-4-27
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1217520 ft
  • >>>
United States

Repaid1 Posted at 2017-4-26 19:00

There goes that fanboys^
Ive purchased 3 very expensive aircraft from DJI in the past 3 months and they all seem to have defects, from Mavic to Inspire 2 its impossible to ignore that there is a serious issue regarding quality control & customer service.
I would like to say again that I do enjoy flying my DJI drones, but all the defects and bad service has seriously soured my experience.
To "fanboy" I'm sure that there service has improved somewhat and it is cool if your satisfied with inferior service and bad quality but don't preach to those Who expect more for their hard earned money

Mavic Pro: CAS-584076-T1Q6Q3
I Purchased it less than 3 months ago, upon first use it crashed into my house & i used a care refresh to avoid a long wait or arguing that the hard right stick input on my part was to avoid my cars and my neighbors property. It is currently back at DJI's warehouse for repair they shipped me someone else's plane with a faulty gimbal and no propellers. Since purchase I have had the Mavic in my possession for less than a week total.

Inspire 2 X5S combo: CAS-584414-F3X4K6
Ordered on the 14th of April. Delivered on the 18th, returned for replacement due to a defective gimbal on the 19th.  Received by DJI on the 24th, still awaiting my replacement I'll post an update on how that goes.
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sjatty05 Posted at 2017-4-26 17:45
A supervisor contacted me today.  We agreed that I would send the craft back and I would receive expedited service.  He sent me a shipping tag right away.  

I believe that this is a result of posting on this forum, not because of the online assistance.  

Appreciate your feedback, we'd love to help you out.
We'll take care of it after it arrives, please fell free to let me know if you have any further questions, thanks you for your support.
2017-4-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Michael Kaine Posted at 2017-4-27 14:28
There goes that fanboys^
Ive purchased 3 very expensive aircraft from DJI in the past 3 months and they all seem to have defects, from Mavic to Inspire 2 its impossible to ignore that there is a serious issue regarding quality control & customer service.
I would like to say again that I do enjoy flying my DJI drones, but all the defects and bad service has seriously soured my experience.

Sorry I failed to track the original case number that you replaced it with DJI Care Refresh. I sincerely apologize for the trouble caused. I've reported your concern to the local repair team and ask them to take care of it for you.
For the I2 X5S combo case, I cheked the status, you got another shipping label to send in other parts. According to the log, you wanted to get a refund at first, while you choose to replace it instead of refund now, right? After getting a confirmation from you, I'll inform the designated team to help you handle it soon, truly appreciate your patience.
2017-4-28
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I asked for a replacement at first, the technician the troubleshooted my unit promise me an expedited process. I was expecting to receive it back today Friday the 28th of April for a weekend trip to Colorado with friends. I called support on Wednesday April 26th when I noticed that there was no progress made since delivery on the 24th and was informed that new exchanges had to go through the same process as warranty/ repaired units and may take weeks... so I asked for a refound thinking that may be faster, but after reading nightmare stories about refunds taken months on this form I've decided that and exchange would be the least stressful path
2017-4-28
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Please. Also read the reply on the next Forum tread.
Thank You
2017-4-28
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
Second Officer
United States

What a joke! Well guys I'll tell you right now that I am done with DJI. I've got a Phantom 4 that I can't keep shells on because of cracking so after this one has worn itself out I'll not be buying another one in the future. Too many issues for too much money!
2017-4-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Michael Kaine Posted at 2017-4-28 04:02
I asked for a replacement at first, the technician the troubleshooted my unit promise me an expedited process. I was expecting to receive it back today Friday the 28th of April for a weekend trip to Colorado with friends. I called support on Wednesday April 26th when I noticed that there was no progress made since delivery on the 24th and was informed that new exchanges had to go through the same process as warranty/ repaired units and may take weeks... so I asked for a refound thinking that may be faster, but after reading nightmare stories about refunds taken months on this form I've decided that and exchange would be the least stressful path

Thanks for the details, Michael, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
I checked your case, the supervisor called you back to explain it, will help you take care of it. Appreciate your patience.
2017-4-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sprtbkrydr Posted at 2017-4-28 21:10
What a joke! Well guys I'll tell you right now that I am done with DJI. I've got a Phantom 4 that I can't keep shells on because of cracking so after this one has worn itself out I'll not be buying another one in the future. Too many issues for too much money!

We apologize for you unpleasant experience, we are working hard to improve to make your experience with us better.
2017-4-28
Use props
Sjatty05
United States

Sjatty05 Posted at 2017-4-26 17:45

CAS-601929-C8D8Z9

I have received a service quote.  It says that they are replacing the main controller module.  The agreement was that if I sent it back, I would get a new Phantom 4, not a repair on the craft I sent in (which was someone else's).  Can you look into this?  It arrived Monday, I would hope it would be shipped tomorrow.

2017-5-3
Use props
Sjatty05
United States

Sjatty05 Posted at 2017-5-3 15:34
CAS-601929-C8D8Z9

I have received a service quote.  It says that they are replacing the main controller module.  The agreement was that if I sent it back, I would get a new Phantom 4, not a repair on the craft I sent in (which was someone else's).  Can you look into this?  It arrived Monday, I would hope it would be shipped tomorrow.

CAS-601929-C8D8Z9  I have to add more to this.   I sent my Phantom 4 in for repair at the end of March.  What I received back a month later was someone else's drone with a light out and some other name.  In addition, it didn't fly as steady as what mine did (but it did fly).  It wasn't tested before being sent to me, that I am sure of.

I'm sure we all watch youtube and there are plenty of people doing stupid things with their drones.  They are crashing them, seeing how much weight they will pick up, all kinds of things.  I don't want one of those recycled drones.  I was reluctant to send the one I received back in, but Oscar in management promised me a new drone was soon as it was received.  Now I can an email saying the one I sent back is being repaired.  Is that what DJI Care is about?  Since this one was damaged when I received if from repair, my problems are only beginning if I get the same one back.

Feeling pretty hopeless about all of this.  

2017-5-3
Use props
Sjatty05
United States

CAS-601929-C8D8Z9

I am starting a new thread because the old one did not get any answer.

This has been going on for five weeks with no end in sight.  I sent my Phantom 4 in for repair and a month later I got someone else's broken drone.   I was reluctant to send it back because there had been so much confusion iin the initial repair.   Oscar said that he would personally see to it that I was sent a new craft.  I also put a note in the box.

Yesterday I received the invoice saying that "my" craft was repairable.  It was going to be repaired in three to six days and returned.  The main control board was going to be replaced.  The light being out wasn't mentioned.  I emailed support, I emailed the the what Oscar said was his email.  No response yet.  

I know about this replacement craft policy, although I didn't initially.  If my Phantom 4 had been replaced with a good, working Phantom 4, I would have been happy to get it back and that would have been that.  Getting this broken drone that couldn't have been tested makes me think that broken crafts are being recirculated rather than fixed.  I didn't have many hours on my drone.  In addition, I wasn't doing stupid things with it like trying to see how much weight it could life or some of the other things I've seen on youtube.  I don't want the craft of someone who was doing those things.  I have no doubt those drones were sent in for repair after what they had been through.

The other thing is my serial number.  I registered with the FAA the way I am supposed to.  When my drone is shipped to someone else, will any incidents that happen with it be linked to me?  Has anyone contacted them about this?

I love the craft.  I was having a lot of fun until I needed to use the DJI Care.  There has been no flying since.  

2017-5-4
Use props
PDXteriors
United States

DJI repair has been awful for me as well, but just FYI, you yourself are registering with the FAA, not your drone. Which is why you register once, and not every time you buy another drone. I removed my FAA license number from my Mavic when I sent mine in and everyone else should as well.
2017-5-4
Use props
Sjatty05
United States

PDXteriors Posted at 2017-5-4 06:23
DJI repair has been awful for me as well, but just FYI, you yourself are registering with the FAA, not your drone. Which is why you register once, and not every time you buy another drone. I removed my FAA license number from my Mavic when I sent mine in and everyone else should as well.

I didn't because when I sent my drone in originally, it only needed a repair.  It was cosmetically perfect.  If I had known that this is not repair, but replacement with someone else's drone, I would have removed my number (and phone number).  If I had known about the replacement, I would have tried to have it repaired locally.  
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I do apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced thus far. Based on the information provided, you will be receiving a replacement. The Support team is working to have this issue rectified accordingly and in a timely manner.
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Sjatty05 Posted at 2017-5-3 17:59
CAS-601929-C8D8Z9  I have to add more to this.   I sent my Phantom 4 in for repair at the end of March.  What I received back a month later was someone else's drone with a light out and some other name.  In addition, it didn't fly as steady as what mine did (but it did fly).  It wasn't tested before being sent to me, that I am sure of.

I'm sure we all watch youtube and there are plenty of people doing stupid things with their drones.  They are crashing them, seeing how much weight they will pick up, all kinds of things.  I don't want one of those recycled drones.  I was reluctant to send the one I received back in, but Oscar in management promised me a new drone was soon as it was received.  Now I can an email saying the one I sent back is being repaired.  Is that what DJI Care is about?  Since this one was damaged when I received if from repair, my problems are only beginning if I get the same one back.

I've responded to you on your other thread.
2017-5-4
Use props
Sjatty05
United States

Sjatty05 Posted at 2017-5-4 06:40
I didn't because when I sent my drone in originally, it only needed a repair.  It was cosmetically perfect.  If I had known that this is not repair, but replacement with someone else's drone, I would have removed my number (and phone number).  If I had known about the replacement, I would have tried to have it repaired locally.

A replacement - in other words,  I am going to get someone else's used drone.  That is correct, right?
2017-5-4
Use props
Sjatty05
United States

Sjatty05 Posted at 2017-5-4 15:36
A replacement - in other words,  I am going to get someone else's used drone.  That is correct, right?

Replacement of Severely Damaged Aircraft

If your coverage amount is sufficient, a brand new aircraft will be provided if the covered unit is damaged beyond repair.

Quote taken from the DJI Care website.  That contradicts the "replaced with equivalent to new parts"
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Sjatty05 Posted at 2017-5-4 15:36

That wouldn't be the case. I understand that you will take it with a grain of salt, but it will get sorted for you.
2017-5-5
Use props
Sjatty05
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-5 13:40
That wouldn't be the case. I understand that you will take it with a grain of salt, but it will get sorted for you.

I'll be contacting Paypal and my credit card to see if I can get the DJI Care charges reversed.  This clearly says that a brand new aircraft will be provided.  I am going to be sent a refurbished one.
2017-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules