Phantom 4 PRO fell out of the sky and DJI claims User Error
4021 23 2017-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc5dae881
New
Flight distance : 34721 ft
Mexico

So as the title says My Phantom 4 Pro fell out of the sky, I lost contact so it started to return home when out of nowhere it just shut off it's motors and fell, as you can see in the video https://www.dropbox.com/s/im4ya5xzx4s99rk/PLAZA%20MAYOR%20ACCIDENTE.MOV?dl=0 (skip to the end of the video) so I shipped the drone to DJI so they could make a diagnostic and they replied back with this:

"Ultrasonic Sensor Obstruction FLY078 1. Unit was in auto landing mode and was responsive to RC input. 2. Unit ultra-sonic sensor detecting obstruction under craft (ie. gimbal guard) 3. At t=514s, relative height=202.3m, ultrasonic sensors thought unit had landed, unit shut off motors believing it was on the ground. Conclusion: User error. [Non warranty Repair]"

Wich is ridiculous since I've never put anything to the aircraft that could be obstructing the sensor under the craft and if by any chance I would've forgotten to remove the gimbal guard, it could've been seen during the video, not to mention the camera would be static.

So I replied back, and they told me they would have my case reviewed by a special team, and their special team is claiming the same, he says he looked at the video but that it doesn't show what's under the craft...
And he sent me the picture I attached on this post, along with this:

"There is clear indication that the sensors picked up something underneath the aircraft, so it since it believes it has landed, the motors shut off. The most common culprit in these cases is a gimbal guard, but it can be anything. If you have any additional information, I'd be happy to look at it and bring to data analysis for further review, but I won't be able to change the non-warranty decision with just that video. "

And like I said before, I've never used anything on the drone that didn't come in the box when I bought it.

log

log
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We are sorry to hear about the accident.
Could you please provide me your case number so we can look into it and make it clear to you? thanks.
2017-5-4
Use props
deplorable
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728491 ft
United States

Doesn't it use a barometer to determine if it's landed or not?  That's crazy that a blocked sensor could shut it down at 200m high.  Scary actually.
2017-5-5
Use props
MP Laguna
New
Mexico

Case Number CAS-540477
2017-5-6
Use props
MP Laguna
New
Mexico

well I guess nobody from DJI reviewed my case number....
I just got a final notice to pay for the repairs.
Great support service.
2017-5-16
Use props
MP Laguna
New
Mexico

deplorable Posted at 2017-5-5 03:05
Doesn't it use a barometer to determine if it's landed or not?  That's crazy that a blocked sensor could shut it down at 200m high.  Scary actually.

Exactly, even more scary when it isn't even blocked....
2017-5-16
Use props
fans3cd00251
New

Pakistan

I have no clue. The main thing I made sense of was the manner by which to prevent it from happening. Furthermore, I do realize that as it is dropping from the sky, Custom Essays Writer Uk taking the S1 change out GPS mode and once more into GPS mode it would quit falling and come back to a drift.
2017-5-16
Use props
sudo su -
lvl.1
Flight distance : 312635 ft
United States

I have the EXACT same issue with my unit and the same diagnosis by DJI.

I have also never used a gimbal guard, yet DJI is calling my incident "user error" because they are claiming that i did have a gimbal guard in-place. The customer support technician even told me directly that i was flying with the clear plastic gimbal cover that ships with the unit and that DJI could supply me with pictures of this. This was of course NOT the case and they didnt produce any pictures, just lip service.  I have spent over two months trying to work this out with DJI and have escalated through several levels. My experiences with DJI support have been absolutely terrible, one day i had to spend three hours on the phone and still didn't get anywhere.

Their MO seems to be to trap you in the loop of waiting 24 to 48 hours on the next determination and wait you out to get you into paying for the repair. For a short time i was even working with a supervisor via an email based ticketing system.  Well the supervisor just closed the case without an update, when i asked for an update there was no response.

I was actually about to purchase a Mavic for when i travel but after this experience i can tell you that DJI will not get any more of my money. If DJI does not start taking customer service more serisoulsy they are going to have some real problems on their hands.

2017-5-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

MP Laguna Posted at 2017-5-16 20:52
well I guess nobody from DJI reviewed my case number....
I just got a final notice to pay for the repairs.
Great support service.

Since you didn't click "reply" button, DJI Natalia doesn't know you are responding to her.
I have relayed your concerns to management, we will review your case and keep you updated as soon as possible.
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sudo su - Posted at 2017-5-17 11:11
I have the EXACT same issue with my unit and the same diagnosis by DJI.

I have also never used a gimbal guard, yet DJI is calling my incident "user error" because they are claiming that i did have a gimbal guard in-place. The customer support technician even told me directly that i was flying with the clear plastic gimbal cover that ships with the unit and that DJI could supply me with pictures of this. This was of course NOT the case and they didnt produce any pictures, just lip service.  I have spent over two months trying to work this out with DJI and have escalated through several levels. My experiences with DJI support have been absolutely terrible, one day i had to spend three hours on the phone and still didn't get anywhere.

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties.
Could you please provide me with your case number so I can look into it?
2017-5-18
Use props
MP Laguna
New
Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-18 19:21
Since you didn't click "reply" button, DJI Natalia doesn't know you are responding to her.
I have relayed your concerns to management, we will review your case and keep you updated as soon as possible.

ok so on tuesday I received a final notice saying that I have 7 working days left before mi aircraft is returned without repair because I haven't payed. Now that you are reviewing my case again... will that extend the time I have left before you send it back, or will you finish reviewing my case after you send back my P4 without repair...?
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

MP Laguna Posted at 2017-5-19 17:55
ok so on tuesday I received a final notice saying that I have 7 working days left before mi aircraft is returned without repair because I haven't payed. Now that you are reviewing my case again... will that extend the time I have left before you send it back, or will you finish reviewing my case after you send back my P4 without repair...?

I’ve reported your case to designated department, who are taking care of this for you right now., it won't extend the time, but I added a note about this, they will contact you ASAP.
2017-5-19
Use props
fans0ba0b280
New

Pakistan

I won't delve into the violent points of interest, yet my P3S actually  dropped out of the sky yesterday for reasons unknown and stalled out  around 60' up in a tree, not in my own yard! I had flown it many  circumstances in the course of recent weeks without mistake. Buy Essay Online I included the genuine propeller monitors a few days back, and this was my second or third flight with them on.
2017-5-25
Use props
enough
New

India

Nice blog, the article you have shared is good.This article is very useful. My friend suggest me to use this blog.
Engineering college in Chandigarh
2017-6-3
Use props
enough
New

India

I was wondering what is really on this picture, good things that it is discuss below the picture. Now I know what is the painting all about. Thanks for sharing.
Apple authorized service center delhi

2017-6-20
Use props
jenniferjudy226
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-7-7
Use props
alexbret
Banned

Pakistan

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-7-20
Use props
enough
New

India

After reading your article I was amazed. I know that you explain it very well. And I hope that other readers will also experience how I feel after reading your article. I feel very grateful that I read this. It is very helpful and very informative and I really learned a lot from it.
Best mass communication colleges in Delhi
2017-8-14
Use props
edwardmyers
New

Netherlands

The essential thing I made sense of used to be the way by which to avert it from happening.
2017-8-23
Use props
djiuser_Zhm9qvZ
New

Vietnam

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in. The game is best known for its dark sense of humor and its graphic violence . I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. I really appreciate your work. Thanks for you agree for me.
2017-10-23
Use props
djiuser_Zhm9qvZ
New

Vietnam

Thanks to you that you have posted this outstanding article here
2017-10-23
Use props
Nickwick
New

France

Thank you for sharing your post with us.I really liked it.Please check out my website and like comment and share what you feel mywifiext.local Netgear extender setup
2018-3-24
Use props
annajohnsn
lvl.1

India

DJI is a good site for solving errors. It provides a great floor to write, discuss and share. Different types of errors can be discussed and solved through it. It's a very supportive site for me as a programmer. I visit this site regularly. Thanks for the help and keep doing this great work.  flats for sale in kadavanthra ernakulam
2019-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Lots of spam here, close the thread, if you have any problem, please start a new thread.
2019-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules