Problems with Samsung Galaxy S8
2113 9 2017-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans70bb507a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19370 ft
Italy

I've tried to use my Galaxy S8 with DJI Go application but unfortunately I have continuous crashes on the application and it is unusable.
I'll depart soon for my holidays, and I'd like to take motion timelapses (one of the main reasons for what I've bought this gimball and not cheaper ones like Zhiyun which cost half the price of it).
Unfortunately at the moment it is unusable and I see Motion timelapse still have 1080p limitation. When will you plan to put 4K? Also when you'll add the possibility to fix focus on motion timelapse (refocus on each shot creates a very bad final effect and the video is not smooth at all...)
Till now I'm very disappointed about software support of this Gimball (DJI Go). I see no major implementations on Android, only on IOS.
Please do your best to solve well know problems on it.
Thank you
2017-5-5
Use props
DexterChua
lvl.2

Singapore

I am using S8 Plus. The version 3.1.5 app was ok before update. After update, it crashed when launched. I solved the crash issue by uninstalling and by searching for the previous versions on the internet. If you needed help for the files, you could go to DJI tech support via live chat.

Ok, there is no 4K recording at the moment. I have a S7 Edge and DJI took quite a long time to enable it. So for the time being, stay with 1080p or use stock camera app.

All the best and enjoy your trip.
2017-5-5
Use props
fanseb2288f0
lvl.1
Australia

Got it today, no 4K!
2017-5-5
Use props
fans70bb507a
lvl.1
Italy

DexterChua Posted at 2017-5-5 05:02
I am using S8 Plus. The version 3.1.5 app was ok before update. After update, it crashed when launched. I solved the crash issue by uninstalling and by searching for the previous versions on the internet. If you needed help for the files, you could go to DJI tech support via live chat.

Ok, there is no 4K recording at the moment. I have a S7 Edge and DJI took quite a long time to enable it. So for the time being, stay with 1080p or use stock camera app.

Thanks a lot for your reply DexterChua, very useful!
So the exact version working is the 3.1.4? Do you have any link available?

2017-5-5
Use props
fans70bb507a
lvl.1
Italy

fans70bb507a Posted at 2017-5-5 23:10
Thanks a lot for your reply DexterChua, very useful!
So the exact version working is the 3.1.4? Do you have any link available?

I found it now, sorry!
On this link you can find older versions
2017-5-5
Use props
DexterChua
lvl.2

Singapore

Download older versions and keep trying until you find the one that suits you. Remove the auto update for the Go app. Wait for DJI to release a proper stable version with 4K recording for S8 and S8+. All the best.
2017-5-6
Use props
DexterChua
lvl.2

Singapore

I am using 3.1.5 downloaded from DJI. Do not use the update for 3.1.5 from Google Store. It will crash your app.
2017-5-6
Use props
fans70bb507a
lvl.1
Italy

Brilliant, 3 hours without any crash. It looks it works now for me as well, thank you!
2017-5-11
Use props
Benjamin Watson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42864 ft
Denmark

I have tur S8+ and the 3.1.5 does not work but i just installed the older 3.1.3 from hvis link. This is working fine for me.

https://www.apk4fun.com/apk/131720/
2017-5-12
Use props
DexterChua
lvl.2

Singapore

Anyone able to record in 4K for any of the versions?
2017-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules