Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video stops after 10 seconds
15472 25 2017-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frenchracer58
New
United States

Hello friends

Lookig for some help. I have an Inspire 1 with the latest 10.4 firmware loaded on machine and camera, latest firmware in TX and latest app. Using fastest sd cards from both Sandisk and Lexar. Tried 16, 32 or 64 Gb. They all were working fine but recently the video stops exactly after 11 seconds every time, app switches back to photo mode and I end up with a small file on the card and no video. Tried reformatting. Tried pumping in the firmware again. NOTHING works. Drone flies well and no other issues but useless since I can't record. Video works fine as well in rela time.

These cards were used before and never created any issues.

Can anyone help ???

Thank you in advance
2017-5-6
Use props
Highasakite
First Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

frenchracer58, it sounds like a phone or device "setting". Ok you say "recently" what changed, update, hard landing, other apps starting in the background? I use a "dedicated ipad mini 2" and it works flawlessly. Can you try a different device? Safety First! Ken.
2017-5-6
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Which camera system are you using ?  ( X5 or X3 etc )  did this happen Immediately after an update by any chance ?    You may want to just deleted the Go app a ( sync your files first if you wish ) and then re-install it . Also go to the camera/video  settings and I would  do a reset to defaults.   

When you updated did you have the "success " notification on the SD card afterwards ?   In other words are you sure you actually updated successfully ?
Also  when you updated if you have OTHER THAN THE X3 you must choose your camera system form the " Select Product " from the box , it  is just above the Firmware on the downloads page . (Example  Below )

Can you list your FW on the Go app "about " tab , this will help insure you have the proper ?FW and are up to date .

Also what kind of Go app device are you using and is it a recent version  ??

Let us know

donnie
select product.PNG
2017-5-6
Use props
sugnesh joshi
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

i have a similar issue also. I have tried different SD cards and i use only the quickest available. The issue is video or taking images can randomly just stop functioning. The only way to recover is to power off aircraft and then switch back on and then record again. i just start recording the moment the craft is on the ground and sometimes it will carry on recording but at least i have captured the footage.
The record button just stays there and does nothing, and even if you press the record button on controller same issue just doesnt record.

if i try to take pics no video then this can also mess the function  therefore i cannot even record video or take any more pics until drone is reset again.

Although the issue is random, its so annoying that there isnt a fix or a workaround. DJI are completely useless in this so thinking of giving this back now.

does anyone else have any ideas around this ?

BTW i have downgraded firmware and same issue, its on latest now anyway v1.10.1.40

2017-5-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Does this seem to happen with only one type of video setting (4k/ 24fps, MOV etc.) or does it happen at any resolution or file format?
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

sugnesh joshi Posted at 2017-5-18 10:05
Hi,

i have a similar issue also. I have tried different SD cards and i use only the quickest available. The issue is video or taking images can randomly just stop functioning. The only way to recover is to power off aircraft and then switch back on and then record again. i just start recording the moment the craft is on the ground and sometimes it will carry on recording but at least i have captured the footage.

Do you happen to have a short video or some screenshots that could help better visualize the issue? If you could answer post #5 as well, it would be appreciated.
2017-5-18
Use props
sugnesh joshi
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hi all,
i will try to get some screenshots. it doesnt matter what format it can randomly stop recording and sometimes buttons dont do anything at all so you can restart the record function. The only way is to restart the aircraft and send it back up. Not sure if this is a signal issue but i have even tried at home just leaving it recording and it can stop, however something new that i found is that if i just leave on record from ground up it will stay on record but the minute i try to take a picture or anything then sometimes this can cause an issue or interfere with the function. I dont take pics anymore, i just video record and seems that i find it more stable but it will stop randomly but not as much.

i am finding it hard to keep this unit anymore as i fear of losing important shots
2017-5-19
Use props
sugnesh joshi
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-18 14:41
Does this seem to happen with only one type of video setting (4k/ 24fps, MOV etc.) or does it happen at any resolution or file format?

any format
2017-5-19
Use props
sugnesh joshi
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi guys,

i have posted couple of videos for you to see the issue regarding the recording bug etc..i hope this can clear up any issues and i hope that i am not at fault

2017-5-19
Use props
sugnesh joshi
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-18 14:42
Do you happen to have a short video or some screenshots that could help better visualize the issue? If you could answer post #5 as well, it would be appreciated.

2017-5-19
Use props
sugnesh joshi
lvl.1

United Kingdom

sorry guys for posting twice didnt realise it would actually put the video link in.

Anyway what i am showing is abit extreme because i couldnt show you the problem onsite, but hopefully this will give you an idea of what i am facing, hence why i feel nervous of doing a live shoot and it could just stop recording.
2017-5-19
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

sugnesh joshi Posted at 2017-5-19 04:33
sorry guys for posting twice didnt realise it would actually put the video link in.

Anyway what i am showing is abit extreme because i couldnt show you the problem onsite, but hopefully this will give you an idea of what i am facing, hence why i feel nervous of doing a live shoot and it could just stop recording.

Have you deleted the /go app and then re installed the application ?

Have you Reset the camera settings  to the default ?  If not please do , it is under the tools section of the camera I believe on the main screen of go app far right middle.

Try and turn off the Record feature on the Go app device  and also clear the cache  as well.

I imagine you have tried other cards as well ?  Format the SD cards  on the AC, be sure to do it ON THE AIRCRAFT, NOT ON  A COMPUTER   and try again please .

What are you using for the go app ?   Is it an appproved device ? Is it  up to date ?

I know I am just shotgunning suggestions but if we can narrow it down, we can then solve it .
Also if you want to eliminate a post just go to "edit " then on the bottom left of screen you will see "Additonal options" ( just abpve the Save )  , go to Del this post . Easy peasy lemon squeezy .

donnie

2017-5-19
Use props
sugnesh joshi
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Donnie * Posted at 2017-5-19 05:07
Have you deleted the /go app and then re installed the application ?

Have you Reset the camera settings  to the default ?  If not please do , it is under the tools section of the camera I believe on the main screen of go app far right middle.

Hi,

yes done the above.

im using a Samsung TAB S2 and also tried on Samsung S6, Iphone 6

same issue.
2017-5-19
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

when you fire up the system always do it in the order.

RC transmitter first

Then the Aircraft

Then open the go app last , you can have the Go app device fired up but dont open the Go App till last .

Try that once  please .

also can you get a fast processor like and I pad air or Pro to try ?  the latest update have really put a strain on the processors, just for testing purposes ?  

Also please just try to turn off the Record function on the Go app device and also clear the Cache .  Let me know if this helps at all.  Obviously try the I pad air or Pro when you can but try the other things Now .

Looks to me like the Processor can't keep up for whatever reason and is locking up . I

Let me know- also format the SD card ON the Aircraft and let me know bout that .
If you get an I pad pro or  Air I bet  the problem goes away ..... I have never had the Circle "think " on my record button , so that leads me to bleieve the processor is saying slow downs I cant keep up mate ! , Let me know when you turn off the  record function on the go app and clear that cache ..... that will be interesting  Oh and format SD on the aircraft

good luck and Interesting Challenge

donnie
2017-5-19
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

On the Samsung devices , how many gigs do you have in the Memory ?  Like I said the FW on the Systems eat up a ton of processing power and systems that worked well in the past just dont or barely ( sp)  work anymore .  If you could beg borrow or steal ( kidding of courxse ) an I pad Pro or air I would bet ya a coke that the issue goes away , not sure if you are using this to make or supplement your living but if you are you will want the I pad Pro with GPS and cell with 128 GB or 256 Gb and Cell, from what I have heard form the Tech Pros who repair these and fly for a living , these are the best for  the Everyday consumer   I have both and have NEVER had any issues at all with video recording etc.
As the matter of fact, I have Never even seen the "Record Button Circle "  like yours is doing , that is why I think it is the Go app device not keeping up .

let me know

donnie
2017-5-19
Use props
sugnesh joshi
lvl.1

United Kingdom

to answer the questions ad replies,

my tablet is very powerful 3 GB Ram and use for editing, so i know its not an issue with that. I have used a Phantom pro 4 no problems. This isnt a cheap tablet.
I also do it in the correct order.

i dont use the go app for recording i actually use the button on the controller which also give me the same issue. i dont have transmission issues, and i have used the phones too inc Galaxy S6 and iphone too. My colleague also gets the same issue with ipad air as he originally reported it to me and thought he was doing something wrong.

considering i am posting this in this group suggests that others are having similar issues so i cant just be me.

sorry but this really needs to be tested by DJi properly. Sending back the unit isnt an option just as i would like to explore the issue.
2017-5-19
Use props
sugnesh joshi
lvl.1

United Kingdom

i also format the SD via the app, not laptop
2017-5-19
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I had the same problem,  I also thought I had the fastest card, however, after testing it, I found that what was printed on the sd card did not reflect what was going on inside the card. First thing I would do is check the card, you can download the checker here .
Mark G.
2017-5-21
Use props
frenchracer58
New
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-5-19 05:26
when you fire up the system always do it in the order.

RC transmitter first

Thank you for the recommendations. I did what you suggested and after switching the camera to 1080p it worked fine. Higher resolutions (2.7k and 4k) create the same issue. About 10 to 12 seconds of pretended recording, recording stops, then the app resets itself briefly going to photo mode for about half a second and returns to movie mode and nothing saved on the SD card.
I use to run WW sales at SanDisk and am very well versed in SD card technology. I wonder if my camera (very first version of the standard Inspire 1 unit) is the problem. I am using the fastest 64 Gb Sandisk Extreme Plus XC card and it should record 4K without issues
2017-5-22
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

frenchracer58 Posted at 2017-5-22 19:19
Thank you for the recommendations. I did what you suggested and after switching the camera to 1080p it worked fine. Higher resolutions (2.7k and 4k) create the same issue. About 10 to 12 seconds of pretended recording, recording stops, then the app resets itself briefly going to photo mode for about half a second and returns to movie mode and nothing saved on the SD card.
I use to run WW sales at SanDisk and am very well versed in SD card technology. I wonder if my camera (very first version of the standard Inspire 1 unit) is the problem. I am using the fastest 64 Gb Sandisk Extreme Plus XC card and it should record 4K without issues

Maybe try another brand of SD card.  I am not sure about the first run cameras causing the issues, not sure , interesting theory , possible I guess.  ddi you also try to urn off recording on the Go app as well and clear the cache ?  Was dropping to 1080 the ONLY thing that solved it ?

donnie
2017-5-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Just to clarify, how long have you had this unit?
2017-5-23
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-5-21 00:30
I had the same problem,  I also thought I had the fastest card, however, after testing it, I found that what was printed on the sd card did not reflect what was going on inside the card. First thing I would do is check the card, you can download the checker here .
Mark G.

Great share Mark!

Rich
2017-5-23
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you have a 16 or 32 size SD card in the U3 high speed or ultra high speed. I am wondering if your camera is struggling with the larger 64gig card??

Rich
2017-5-23
Use props
djiuser_jgQrmqMuYoig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46631 ft

Can anyone help me plz. I've got a pantom 4 I'm using a sandisk extreme pro 64gb class 10 it only records 20 odd seconds then the screen goes b&w and the camera seems to move till its viewing the leg of the done, I've clear the cache, is this a fault with the sd card? I'm new to quadcopter flying, thankyou to the person who told me what to do with my Samsung tab s3 settings it works flawlessly I bought this sd card as it was the last thing I think I needed to do to set myself up I'm hoping its the card as i will send it back and not the drone., Thanks in advance
Thanks in advance.
2018-9-3
Use props
djiuser_vxE7De38Dwjg
New

Austria

Hi all, I'm running a mavic mini with a 32gb C4 SD.

1080p 60fps and photos are no problem, but when I record 2.7k the video automatically stops after approx 5-10 seconds.

From my research it would appear that a C4 is probably too slow, and I'm thinking of upgrading to a C10, and that should solve my problem.

Before I invest, are there any other possible causes of this problem?

Many thanks
2020-1-29
Use props
djiuser_GhnHgSmsYLUF
New

United States

Hi I had this same issue I figured out how to bypass it you need a sd card that says u3 on it with the 3 inside the u
Or else it will get super hot and ruin that sd card
2021-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules