1196 7 2017-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a TB48 battery that is a little strange.
It is in excellent physical condition and shows being charged 8 times.
What is peculiar is that it shows all zeros as the serial number in the app.
I have checked this on android and IOS devices, shows the same on both.
There is a sticker on the bottom of the battery with a seral number and no strange warnings pop up when plugging it in such as non-genuine battery, or any warnings for that matter.
Is this thing safe to use?
Did someone just forget to enter the serial # at the factory?
It shows 5548 mAh as the capacity, shouldn't this be 5700?

t48a.jpg
t48b.jpg
2017-5-6
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Aeromirage, I don't think it matters. Is that one of your original batteries, or did you just get it ? I would fully charge it and fly it 2 more times, then do a full discharge, then full charge. That may help you balance the cells and regain some capacity. Do your other batteries show SN # on the app? Safety First! Ken.
2017-5-6
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Highasakite Posted at 2017-5-6 08:04
Aeromirage, I don't think it matters. Is that one of your original batteries, or did you just get it ? I would fully charge it and fly it 2 more times, then do a full discharge, then full charge. That may help you balance the cells and regain some capacity. Do your other batteries show SN # on the app? Safety First! Ken.

I just got it. Bought it used very cheap.
Seller represented it as new and I opened a case to return it as item was not new, as described.
He gave me a refund and told me to keep it!
All of my other batteries show the serial number in the app which always matches the sticker on the bottom of the battery.
My initial thought was that it was fake, but it looks genuine and I read on the Phantom forum that a fake battery will show up as fake as soon as it is turned on.
Curious thing is that when it arrived, it was at 20% charge. I charged it and it still shows 8 times charged.
I will fly it down to 8% (Cautiously!) and recharge and see what happens.
2017-5-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-5-6 08:20
I just got it. Bought it used very cheap.
Seller represented it as new and I opened a case to return it as item was not new, as described.
He gave me a refund and told me to keep it!

Hi AM,

I don't think this is a fake battery. I have seen the battery serial number disappear in my Go App before. Then for some unknown reason it came back. (I will see if I can find the screen shot and post it later)  I would keep an eye on the cell voltage and capacity as you use this battery for awhile. Should be ok, but this is totally up to you of course.

After thinking a bit more, did you check and see if the battery FW is up to date??

PS, my Mavic batter showed 0 times charged until I had about 3 charges and then it jumped up to 4 times charged all at once.
Rich
2017-5-6
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-6 08:29
Hi AM,

I don't think this is a fake battery. I have seen the battery serial number disappear in my Go App before. Then for some unknown reason it came back. (I will see if I can find the screen shot and post it later)  I would keep an eye on the cell voltage and capacity as you use this battery for awhile. Should be ok, but this is totally up to you of course.

Don't know if the FW is up to date. I haven't done anything with it other than turn it on to see # of charges.
Usually though, when battery FW needs updating, I get a warning message as soon as it is powered up.
I will test fly it later today. Likely just hover at about 4 feet until I am sure it's working OK.

2017-5-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-5-6 09:13
Don't know if the FW is up to date. I haven't done anything with it other than turn it on to see # of charges.
Usually though, when battery FW needs updating, I get a warning message as soon as it is powered up.
I will test fly it later today. Likely just hover at about 4 feet until I am sure it's working OK.

Keep us posted my friend... I would be interested in your results. I have not found my screenshots yet, I am still looking..

Rich
2017-5-6
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-6 10:20
Keep us posted my friend... I would be interested in your results. I have not found my screenshots yet, I am still looking..

Rich

I took the battery out and flew it down to 2% then charged. Got 17 minutes flight from it before it reached 30%.
Now showing 9 times charged and 5548 mAh capacity.
So, I guess it's allright.

Best free battery I ever got!

Seller on eBay listed it as new. When I got it, I plugged it in and saw 8 charges, so I sent him a screenshot and asked to return it for refund since it was not as described.
He sent me a refund and said to keep it!!
2017-5-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-5-6 18:38
I took the battery out and flew it down to 2% then charged. Got 17 minutes flight from it before it reached 30%.
Now showing 9 times charged and 5548 mAh capacity.
So, I guess it's allright.

AM
That's nice to hear. Glad it is working out for you. I would still keep my eye on this one for awhile.

Check the FW on the battery when you get a chance using the latest .Bin file on the SD card. run the Inspire with this battery and check the hidden file information  (just curious)

All the best
Rich
2017-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules