Gimbal Cover Broke Through Normal Use
3179 23 2017-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoeSlasher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1833829 ft
United States

My gimbal cover tab has broken off through normal use which snaps to the Mavic. The gimbal cover was not dropped or used improperly. Under normal use, the tab has broken off the gimbal cover.  Is this covered by warranty for replacement.  I created a repair case, Case # CAS-624392-L3Q0X5.

Do I have to really send the gimbal cover back or would a picture of the broken gimbal cover be sufficient.

Gimbal Cover Broken.JPG

Thanks,
Joseph
2017-5-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Joseph, I'm not sure if it would be covered under warranty.
I have relayed your concerns to support team, they will follow up the case with you.
2017-5-8
Use props
SeaComms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568222 ft
Australia

Mine is cracked in the same place yours broke. Has been like that since the day I opened the box. I doubted warranty since it bends at that point taking it off and presumed I would just be told I broke it. I guess mine broke when they fitted it (as I saw the crack before I even tried to remove it). Mines still holding together for now but for the few dollars for an aftermarket one I will just buy a cheapie, it's only to protect the gimble in transit from knocks so don't really care what it looks like. Actually I might even just hold it on with a rubber band when it breaks....
2017-5-8
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Super Glue!
2017-5-8
Use props
JoeSlasher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1833829 ft
United States

Thanks DJI Mindy for passing my info to the support team!
2017-5-15
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

I have noticed mine getting weak too.  I have bent it back out to be a little more firm but I also worry about it snapping.
2017-5-15
Use props
Simes
New
Flight distance : 243845 ft
United Kingdom

Gone through 3 of these!  Really try to be carefull but never seem to get more than half a dozen uses out of them
2017-7-26
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Been using this for a while
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07141JC7R/mavichelp-20
2017-7-26
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

Simes Posted at 2017-7-26 02:07
Gone through 3 of these!  Really try to be carefull but never seem to get more than half a dozen uses out of them

I've gone through 4 of these. Finally went out and brought a third party one off amazon. It's one of those gimbal clamp combos. It works well.
2017-7-26
Use props
Avi8tor0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88301 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine broke a few days ago. Fortunately, I have a 3D printer and was able to print a stonger version. Tried super glue but didn't work. Was successful at super gluing my fingrers together tho
2017-7-26
Use props
Tomten
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202365 ft
Sweden

What cover are we talking about, the see-through or the rubber one?

*For some reason I can´t see your image due to "Your user group can not download or view attachments", Thanks DJI for making me as a new person feel welcome.....
2017-7-26
Use props
Burmman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182142 ft
United States

Mine broke a few days after getting mine. I purchased a 3D printed one from e-bay. I think it was 99 cents and free shipping.
2017-7-26
Use props
Zorrr2
lvl.3
United States

Here is an other possible solution . . it depends on the type of plastic . . but if this glue works on that plastic . . it will be almost as good as the original. The glue is called . . Plastruct - Plastic Weld . . this is a plastic solvent . . you position the two pieces back together . . apply a coat of this liquid with the supplied brush . . let it set for half an hour to an hour. . this liquid will liquidize the plastic at the joint and the two pieces will bond back together using the same plastic its made of. After drying . . a coat can be applied to the under side as well . . its best to let this dry for a good 24 hours for it to completely off gas and harden. Makes for a very joint. This is used down in our Model Shop on a lot of plastic seams and joints.

Found it on AMAZON . . . top bottle . . again note . . this works on a lot of plastics . . but not all . .

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ ... ruct+-+Plastic+Weld
2017-7-26
Use props
dr. D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8699150 ft
Netherlands

I found out that it easily broke by putting it with the gimbal downward in the 'fly more combo' bag.
After two broken gimbalcovers I try to save it by putting the aircraft, gimbal up' in the bag.
Hope that will help.
2017-7-26
Use props
Chole
lvl.2

United Kingdom

donot expect much from it
2017-7-27
Use props
way wrong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 351631 ft
Estonia

Yes, this is the best one so far. Been usin this also. No more separate clamp to position fix gimbal and use regular gimbal cover. All in one combo is good and cheap. You can't fly with it but I'm using open hole gimbal cover or no cover when flying so it suits me great.

EDIT: There is one probleem! When you drop your drone and you have this combo clamp on, then it might snap the gimbal off
2017-7-27
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

just buy another one from ebay only £9.00  that happened to mine. held it on with rubber bands till the new one came, cant believe you opened a case just for that lol.
2017-7-27
Use props
Simes
New
Flight distance : 243845 ft
United Kingdom

dr. D Posted at 2017-7-26 08:16
I found out that it easily broke by putting it with the gimbal downward in the 'fly more combo' bag.
After two broken gimbalcovers I try to save it by putting the aircraft, gimbal up' in the bag.
Hope that will help.

That might help.  I find the legs get stuck with Gimple up but might just need to live with that
2017-7-27
Use props
dr. D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8699150 ft
Netherlands

Simes Posted at 2017-7-27 03:46
That might help.  I find the legs get stuck with Gimple up but might just need to live with that

That is true, therefore I put the aircraft in the aircraft sleeve (part 41) first.
2017-7-27
Use props
eyeloveteeth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

Avi8tor0 Posted at 2017-7-26 05:17
Mine broke a few days ago. Fortunately, I have a 3D printer and was able to print a stonger version. Tried super glue but didn't work. Was successful at super gluing my fingrers together tho

do you have a copy of that STL? i would be more than happy to print a few for ppl that need it
2017-7-27
Use props
Avi8tor0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88301 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sure. When I get home I can post the link.
EDIT:
I downloaded and printed this cover with no issues:

https://www.myminifactory.com/ob ... dji-mavic-pro-34094

2017-8-3
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Purchased a backup just in case mine breaks.
2017-8-3
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-26 02:38
Been using this for a while
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07141JC7R/mavichelp-20

+1000000

You guys should look into this dome cover.
It is well thought of and well made. Its a billion times better than the OEM DJI supplied dome.
Why?? It has a built in gimbal lock and its not finicky to install. It feels rock solid and doesnt feel like the cheap plastic the OEM is made of.

And did i say its cheaper???
2017-8-3
Use props
fansf8180f35
lvl.1
United States

Just adding - same exact thing happened to mine... Inside the Mavic Bag, inside a well protected case.  Jeez.  Only took it out about 5 times.
2017-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules