Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iOS image transmission issues
1361 6 2017-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kierancaplice
New
Ireland

I've had image transmission issues with my Inspire 1 for months, where even before taking off, but also while flying, image on the DJI GO app would flicker to and from black, back to correct image, then the image would pause, go to black, and sometimes to blue, and the status in the top left of the app would change to something along the lines of "No image transmission". This obviously makes getting a good shot while flying single-pilot as I do pretty much impossible.

I RMA'd the drone a couple of weeks ago, and it was returned to me on Friday last, after receiving a new flight controller and new X3 camera and gimbal, so I straight away assumed this would see the issue fixed. I flew the drone again yesterday and the problem still exists - no change whatsoever, in fact if anything it seemed worse, given that at one stage when trying to take off, the screen was just completely black.

I use an iPad mini 2 usually, which was running DJI GO v3.1.5, which I understand is a few months old at this stage. But I went to a friend's place today and used his iPad mini 3 (with my Inspire), not sure of the version, and we still had the issue. We switched USB cables - same issue. Then we tried his Galaxy S7 edge, and what do you know, not a bit of lag or loss of image! Today I updated to the latest iOS version, and the issue still exists, though it doesn't seem as bad, with the little test flying I did. I then flew with my Galaxy S7 edge (V3.1.5), and again, pretty much perfect image transmission.

Is this a known issue in iOS, and if so, what are the plans for fixing?
2017-5-7
Use props
jamie.sidrampow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 859236 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same issue with my Ipad mini, switched ober to my Iphone and not issues. Seems to be related to the Ipad mini.
2017-5-8
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

The I pad minis will work in ceratian areas but I have found if you are in a congested Wi -Fi are  that it will barely work if at all .  That is why some members will say donnie is crazy and that their I pad Min version 1 works just fine, but they are usually from like Po dunk vile Alaska .  Also some of the  RC radios are more powerful than others , not by much but enough to cause trouble.  It also deepends on how much memory etc is on the I pad and what not .  so In my opinion if you are serious about this hobby and use it to help make a living then I would get:

I pad pro with 128 memory with GPS and cell .  I have talked to some repair techs and they say this is the best one out their at this time for DJI systems . I happen to own two of them for me and my camera operator and have NO problems at all.  Now you dont have to activate the cell but that comes with the GPs option which gives a better processor as well and the GPS which allows functions like the follow me mode .

If you meed to keep the I pad mini for a while , I would suggest a couple things , delete the video cache  and turn off its record function, make sure NO tother apps running in background, clear as much memory as possible , enable the hardware decode on the main settings page of the go app,  Delte and re install the go app being sure to sync flight records first  ( if you wish ) Do a relink between the AC and the RC and  (before doing so be sure to reset the RC )   ( instructions below ) ,

This may help for a bit , but as the DJI systems become more complex it is going to get harder and harder  for the older device es to keep up .  It is amazing but computer power doubles every 18 months or so and has done that for the past 50 years !!

Good luck

donnie
Reset the RC of any odd presets:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press and hold the following buttons firmly  C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.

Now relink the AC and RC , very simple instructions below .

HOW TO RE LINK ***After you do an update to the AC and Or RC you may loose connection between the RC transmitter and the aircraft .  Once you confirm that you have the proper updates on the AC and RC  go to the "Remote Contol Settings" tab on the go app-  go to the bottom and in blue highlight it will say "Linking  Remote Controler".  Before you press that , make sure you can find the Red link button on ther aircraft , it is inside the Main fuselage behind the right top silver nose cone screw ,  ( You do NOT have to take anything apart to find it ) may need a flashlight  to see it.  Once you find it have the AC and RC on and press link button on Go app  , you will then have 60  seconds to press the red button on the aircraft, press and hold that button in firmly for about 5 seconds, let go .  You should then have a success box on the Go app .  If it says "frequncy confirmation"  , then you are not on compatible Firmware between the AC and the RC  and you failed to read the first line of my instuctions !!!  

2017-5-9
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was running the mini 2 for well over a year with no real issues. out of nowhere I started getting screen issues  just like you are describing. I just flew with a new mini 4 last night and my problems are gone. Donnie has been preaching the mini 2 can be a problem and I would usually chime in that I have one and its fine.  Donnie is correct and has incredible advice. The new A8 processor seems to be a definite requirement for the newer go app. Hope this helps and 2 thumbs up for Donnie.
2017-5-11
Use props
kierancaplice
New
Ireland

Nothing to do with the area, as it happens everywhere, and I live in a rural area myself.

I've done a bit of testing, and It looks like there's a strong possibility it's the USB Lightning cable I was using - an Amazon Basics cable - that was the issue. I flew with the original Apple cable from the charger and didn't really have any image issues at all. And there I was thinking the cables are expensive just because it's Apple that's selling them, but maybe there's another reason
2017-5-13
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

LIVNXXL Posted at 2017-5-11 09:58
I was running the mini 2 for well over a year with no real issues. out of nowhere I started getting screen issues  just like you are describing. I just flew with a new mini 4 last night and my problems are gone. Donnie has been preaching the mini 2 can be a problem and I would usually chime in that I have one and its fine.  Donnie is correct and has incredible advice. The new A8 processor seems to be a definite requirement for the newer go app. Hope this helps and 2 thumbs up for Donnie.

I usually HATE to tell members this ( upgrade their I pad ) because  I know it cost $$$ to get a new go app device .  It does solve the problem most of the time , thanks for your understanding and thumbs up , I  really do appreciate that .

donnie
2017-5-13
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

kierancaplice Posted at 2017-5-13 00:07
Nothing to do with the area, as it happens everywhere, and I live in a rural area myself.

I've done a bit of testing, and It looks like there's a strong possibility it's the USB Lightning cable I was using - an Amazon Basics cable - that was the issue. I flew with the original Apple cable from the charger and didn't really have any image issues at all. And there I was thinking the cables are expensive just because it's Apple that's selling them, but maybe there's another reason

I hope the new cable  solves the issue for you , also I have a tips page that has other  ideas that members have posted and I have collected over the last 2 years.

Keep us posted ,

donnie
http://forum.dji.com/thread-64817-1-1.html
2017-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules