Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Car at Race Track - Follow or Track?
579 2 2017-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lance10
New
United States

I will be going to a 1.6 mile racetrack and will not have the luxury of someone operating the drone. Is it possible to use this to catch good videos autonomously?

The simple (and kind of boring) option would be to have it hover about 20 feet and catch a corner slide but the track has multiple good curves.

Has anyone tried the new path mode along with tracking a car?  If the unit only has to go 500 meters around the middle it could keep my car centered in the camera...

Thoughts to those experienced types?
2017-5-6
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

For safety reasons you should always have someone operating the drone and not doing anything else at the same time.

Safer to have the car drive autonomously while you operate the drone
2017-5-6
Use props
Lance10
New
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-5-6 14:45
For safety reasons you should always have someone operating the drone and not doing anything else at the same time.

Safer to have the car drive autonomously while you operate the drone

I purchased the Phantom 4 Pro for the autonomous capability it touted versus competing drones/manufacturers.  

While I'm very happy that you gave yourself a good chuckle appearing to be witty, it didn't provide any useful information; to which I believe that is the purpose of this manufacturer's forum.

Looking for useful information for the autonomous flights and track object functionality in real world scenario. Witty insults accepted as long as it provides information relevant to being helpful
2017-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules