X5 or X5S for still photos - Much difference?
1341 4 2017-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dreamspy
lvl.1

Iceland

Hi

I'm planning to take some aerial panoramas in Iceland. I'm choosing between X5 and X5S. The X5S seems to be much better with regards to video. But when it comes to still photography, is there much differene?

Note that I'd prefer to shoot raw.
I'm also curious to know if there is much difference between the Inspire 1 and the Inspire 2 when taking aerial panoramas? I see that the Inspire 2 seems to have more accurate hover system. Does that make allot of difference?

regards
Frímann

2017-5-6
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

When comparing the X5s and the X5 for photos, your main difference is 20mp vs 16mp sensors
But more importantly you are comparing aircrafts, which there are WAY more important differences to be looked it ( cost being one ). If you only care about JUST photography, I1 with the X5 should be just fine.
Unless you are doing LONG exposure, I would not worry about slight drift while in the air. The inspire 1+2 are very stable in the air.
If there is potential to start getting into video, Look at the I2. if funds allow.
Just my 2 cents
-Andre

Also: dont forget about any added expenses. For example, batteries, you need 2 per flight. But you get redundancy for safety. There are many reasons to buy the I2 over an I1, but again, comes down to cost.
2017-5-7
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Great answer and I agree
2017-5-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I concur with Gybo102.
2017-5-8
Use props
dreamspy
lvl.1

Iceland

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-5-7 05:38
When comparing the X5s and the X5 for photos, your main difference is 20mp vs 16mp sensors
But more importantly you are comparing aircrafts, which there are WAY more important differences to be looked it ( cost being one ). If you only care about JUST photography, I1 with the X5 should be just fine.
Unless you are doing LONG exposure, I would not worry about slight drift while in the air. The inspire 1+2 are very stable in the air.

Glad I can safely go for the 2x cheaper X5 without sacrificing photo performance. Thanks for the answer!

regards
Frímann
2017-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules