fake batteries
1301 3 2017-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3807e09c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86808 ft
Australia

Gday, I was just wandering is there any way of finding out whether a bat is fake or not before something happens when useing them. ie when plugged into the phantom does it come up with any warnings in the settings or are there numbers on the bats that we should look for.
Cheers
2017-5-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

This whole subject of 'fake' batteries comes up quite regularly. Because the DJI flight batteries are intelligent, they have a processor on board so that when plugged into the aircraft, the aircraft can obtain a code from the battery. In the case of fake batteries, there is almost no way to know what that code is, so if the battery does not answer correctly, the aircraft will not start up. Also, there have been very few fakes found anyway.

And you cannot tell by looking at the battery. One smart operator decided that his battery was fake because it was covered by Chinese writing - it did not occur to him where DJI batteries are made.....
2017-5-6
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

"One smart operator decided that his battery was fake because it was covered by Chinese writing...."

LOL!! That's effing priceless!!!!

Like geebax said, the AC will know if it's a fake.
2017-5-6
Use props
Brownedog 1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86808 ft
Australia

Thanks guys for the good info I guess I will see if the phantom gets all upset when I plug them in
2017-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules