RC is stuck "Connecting .." - next steps?
1177 6 2017-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
infinitedusk87
New
Australia

Hi all,

I'm having issues with my DJI Mavic, it sounds like a common issue - I'm keen to hear from the community + DJI Support on what to do from here.

My RC refuses to connect to the AC, and is having major problems upgrading / downgrading firmware via Assistant 2 (OSX) - it hangs whenever I attempt to change the firmware (was trying to roll-back the firmware to see if this would fix my connectivity issues).

This issue appeared spontaneously this week after weeks of hassle-free flying - basically, whenever I turn the RC unit on, it remains stuck on "Connecting .. " - oddly enough, I believe a connection is being made with the AC, as the rear light flashes green, and when I hit capture / record, I see the lights responding. I also feel the unit vibrate shortly after turning it on, suggesting to me that something is happening.

DJI Go 4 doesn't detect the RC at all, and the RC isn't charging my mobile phone either - I have tried both the micro and full-size USB ports.

I have tried rolling back to the earliest firmware available on both the RC and the AC, but am still met with the infinite "Connecting .." message.

I have triple-checked the switch on the RC, and it's set to RC.

Any ideas from here? Have others simply returned their RC to DJI in this situation? I have DJI Care and am assuming what feels like a hardware defect here is covered ..

2017-5-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried relinking the RC to the aircraft?
2017-5-6
Use props
infinitedusk87
New
Australia

Hi, Ken - if you're talking about the C1+C2+Capture combination then I have attempted this - the controller makes no sound and offers no indication that anything has been triggered.

I'm unable to re-link the device using the DJI Go 4 application, as it does not even detect the RC unit (I hit "Linking RC", it says "Confirm Frequency Settings", then nothing else appears - I have tried hitting the 'connect' button on the AC after pushing "Linking RC" in the application - but I'm still stuck on "Connecting .. ".

What's really odd here is that I can rotate the gimbal using the wheel on the RC, despite the fact it's still stuck on "Connecting.." and the app has no connection to the RC .. any ideas?
2017-5-6
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

infinitedusk87 Posted at 2017-5-6 21:17
Hi, Ken - if you're talking about the C1+C2+Capture combination then I have attempted this - the controller makes no sound and offers no indication that anything has been triggered.

I'm unable to re-link the device using the DJI Go 4 application, as it does not even detect the RC unit (I hit "Linking RC", it says "Confirm Frequency Settings", then nothing else appears - I have tried hitting the 'connect' button on the AC after pushing "Linking RC" in the application - but I'm still stuck on "Connecting .. ".

Where you able to do  FACTORY RESET???
2017-5-7
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

infinitedusk87 Posted at 2017-5-6 21:17

Hello,

I just got my aircraft back from repair yesterday and had the EXACT same issue as you described.  The upgrade to the latest firmware  on the aircraft and controller went flawlessly through assistant 2.

I tried relinking several times with no effect.  To relink, I was pressing C1+C2 until the beep and then pressed capture and never got the linking message.  I then tried pressing C1+C2 and held them down through the beep and then pressed the capture button holding all 3 buttons at once.  The aircraft successfully linked and everything was fine from there.  I misunderstood the instructions and originally didn't press all 3 at once.  I hope this helps.
2017-5-7
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Hi,

When i received my replacement i also had to relink my drone.
Instead of the c1/c2 combination i relinked by pushing the pinhole beside the sd slot on the Mavic.
That worked for me.
2017-5-7
Use props
infinitedusk87
New
United States

Hi all,

Thanks for the response. I am unable to run a factory reset (it fails every time I try this in DJI Assistant 2). I'm also unable to re-link the drone using the button combination (if I hold down C1 + C2 for 5 - 10 seconds, I hear no sound - which leads me to think there's something hardware related happening here) ..

Any other ideas / experiences?
2017-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules