# OSMO Pro/Raw Wired Video Adapter Review# Really low latency!
1105 1 2017-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martinfueloep
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1551401 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I am one of the lucky guys who have been selected to test the  OSMO  Pro/Raw Wired Video Adapter and have been very surprised that it  has  been delivered already last week! I took some pictures nearly in  the moment I recieved it:

Setting the OSMO up wasn't a big deal, updating the firmware worked  without any problems and everything was ready to use after a few  minutes. With the Wired Video Adapter the Focus Handwheel worked in the  same way as before, the latency of the video-signal was hardly  noticable. I've tested the combo at home and was courious, how it would  perform and feel at the first bigger shoot.

I have been able to work with the OSMO Raw and the Wired Video Adapter  for a whole day now and am really excited about it, because it brings  more benefits than I had expected!
The really short latency is just one point, even if it is the most  important one. With the Wired Video Adapter also the quality of the  video-signal has increased, but the greatest improvement is that I am  able to start shooting much quicker than before.
Using the WiFi I allways had to reconnect the phone to the Osmo after  every break, regardless how short it had been. That took several seconds  and wasn't always successful, most of the time I had to shut down the  App and restart it, to get a proper video signal. With the Wired Video  Adapter this problem has gone. I can keep the DJI Go running all the  time and shut the Osmo off even for short breaks. As soon as I turn it  on again I can start shooting without any delay. That also means, that  the shooting time per battery has increased.

Now I can hardly wait until the Crystalsky is available and I can eliminate the last weak point: the missing brightness of my phone when using the OSMO in bright conditions.

Unpacking

Unpacking

The Wired Video Adapter

The Wired Video Adapter

Mounted to the OSMO RAW

Mounted to the OSMO RAW

Ready to use

Ready to use
2017-5-7
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer