2318 13 2017-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MariaEvri
lvl.2
Cyprus

Greetings all new to DJI
I did my test flight today I want to ask about an issue I had
the aircraft disconnected during flight and returned home. I had low gps signal, but I also got a small warning about interference at the start. Also it happened when I got a low battery warning. Now I;m new to this so I wanna know what could have caused it

Also what causes interference so that I'll know next time

Oh I use android and the app is Dji 4.0

2017-5-7
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi, You need at least 14 to 20 Sat lock for a good GPS. NO flying BEFORE  getting strong GPS lock. About intereference, that was your second warning from the AC to NOT fly.
You might get intereference if you are taking off or flying around electromagnactic intereferences, metal, cell towers etc. Also make sure you don't take off off concrete which has metal rebar, around your car, or if you have metal on you or other phone.
2017-5-7
Use props
MariaEvri
lvl.2
Cyprus

hey thanks for the reply.I was logged into 19 satellites
as for interference yeah it was my fault but ca I ask what causes it so I can avoid it next time? I wasn;t close to a city at all
2017-5-7
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Germany

MariaEvri Posted at 2017-5-7 07:11
as for interference yeah it was my fault but ca I ask what causes it so I can avoid it next time? I wasn;t close to a city at all

There is so many things, really think about where you are. Electrical poles, things in the ground? Move a little bit to see if it changes. Be really careful and have fun.

Happy flying.
2017-5-7
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MariaEvri Posted at 2017-5-7 07:11

You are welcome and 'Καλώς ήρθατε στο κλαμπ'...

Were you flying in an open area?
What FW version do you have?
Can you try using IOS device and see if you can get the same warnings?
2017-5-7
Use props
MariaEvri
lvl.2
Cyprus

thanks/. I'll continue test flying until I am 100% confident. My next flight will be next sunday
2017-5-7
Use props
MariaEvri
lvl.2
Cyprus

yep open area outdoors in nature
I have the latest FW upgraded last night before the flight
IOS is apple ? I dont have those
2017-5-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MariaEvri Posted at 2017-5-7 09:33

Ok so you got interference and you lost contact with aircraft, and it returned home, that's fine that's what is supposed to happen if you loose signal, so everything is good.
If you loose gps it won't RTH it will just drift, that's why it's important you keep line of sight, try to have a minimum of 12 satellites and make sure you check signal bars.

Your firmware is good up to date.
2017-5-7
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Did the controller disconnect completely and say [connecting__] if so, I have just sent my one in for repair because of this
2017-5-7
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Make sure your controller antennas are perpendicular to the drone.  Maximum radiation is on the flat sides.  Keep them facing the drone.
2017-5-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bradders Posted at 2017-5-7 10:55
Did the controller disconnect completely and say [connecting__] if so, I have just sent my one in for repair because of this

Hey Bradders , take it you found your Mavic, apologies for being of topic
2017-5-7
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-7 12:10
Hey Bradders , take it you found your Mavic, apologies for being of topic

Hi Hallmark, Yes thankyou ! I was lucky enough to find it despite it not being in the same location as it originally lost signal. I think I might have found why it disconnected from the controller because I believe it has caused a new problem where the Mavic does not connect to the controller at all.... when you leave the battery in for just a couple of mins, the gimbal is go hot to the touch, so hot that you cannot keep your finger on it for a few seconds, this cannot be normal !

The reason why I think this is the issue is because, if you leave the Mavic over night then it connects however as soon as the gimbal over heats again then the Mavic will not connect to the controller
Cant afford another Mavic, but picked myself up a Phantom 3 Standard and going to get the Mavic sent in under warrenty
2017-5-7
Use props
MariaEvri
lvl.2
Cyprus

If you loose gps it won't RTH it will just drift, that's why it's important you keep line of sight, try to have a minimum of 12 satellites and make sure you check signal bars.

Thanks all I'll keep it in mind
2017-5-8
Use props
MariaEvri
lvl.2
Cyprus

I figured out the problem. Turns out there was a problem with my mobile, the port where the cable connects. I fixed it now
2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules