My Video Quality is Pixalated , Fuzzy and not clear
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jamesthong
New
Malaysia

Dear DJI ,

I am flying the DJI phantom 3 advanced , and during my flight , and flying through a green forests , the video quality turn out very pixalated , I cants see the clarity of the trees at all very fuzzy image . What should I do about it? Please help me. Thanks
2017-5-7
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

on the sd card or on the tablet/phone? No other errors? What do the readouts say on the app? How is control and HD signal? How are your antennas positioned?
2017-5-8
Use props
fans55ae5496
Second Officer

United States

Hi Jamesthong,

I have the same issue you have.

What you see on your screen attached to the RC is fuzzy.

This seems to have been introduced in an app update a few versions ago.

I wish that DJI would come clean on this and fix this.

Mine worked fine until 2 app updates ago. Then I inadvertantly updated the app again and it got worse/different type of fuzziness.

DJI - please undo the "upgrade" you did to the app so that we can see what our camera is pointed at while we fly your not inexpensive flying camera. Please.
2017-5-8
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans55ae5496 Posted at 2017-5-8 19:00
Hi Jamesthong,

I have the same issue you have.

Aloha fans55,

Go to PhantomHelp.com and choose the Phantom you fly.  Then go down to software and find the version of DJI GO that last worked for you.  Uninstall the current version you have on your device and install the older version that last worked for you.  Things should get much better.

The type of Phantom behavior you describe usually is due to using an older device.  The newer app versions of both DJI GO and DJI GO 4 are extremely demanding of device performance.  A device more than two years old can have a very difficult time with the newer DJi GO apps.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-5-8
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha james,

The type of Phantom behavior you describe usually is due to using an older device.  The newer app versions of both DJI GO and DJI GO 4 are extremely demanding of device performance.  A device more than two years old can have a very difficult time with the newer DJi GO apps.  What is the year and model of your device?

Otherwise to get a work-around solution, go to PhantomHelp.com and choose the Phantom P3A.  Then go down to software and find the version of DJI GO that last worked for you.  Uninstall the current version you have on your device and install the older version that last worked for you.  Things should get much better.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-5-8
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

is it possible u got vibration? Hover the craft low, and observe closely.. some vibration is normal, but if it really vibrates u may have an issue. New props is 1st thing to try if it's vibration. Also, do u have 2 or 4 plastic pins between the gimbal and the craft?

2017-5-8
Use props
fans55ae5496
Second Officer

United States

Whale/dolphin-man, Thank you for the direct suggestion on how to resolve this. It is strange indeed that DJI cannot step up and conduct themselves in such a manner.
I am downloading all the old versions as I type. Hopefully one of them will give me back the clear image I once had.

Phantomski, this is a software problem, NOT an optics problem. At least the issue I have been experiencing for some time now is.
2017-5-8
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

From what you are describing, you are looking at just the low resolution preview video transmitted from the aircraft to the RC.  This is just for you to frame the camera and get an idea of what the real recording will look like.   It is only a 720p transmission and has a limited bitrate (the amount of data per second that can be transmitted).  If you shoot a clear blue sky, it is very easy to get a clear picture because there are no details and it can be described easily in a low bitrate.  If you are looking at the tops of trees, you are looking at millions of leaves and lots of detail.  There is not enough bandwidth to describe the scene perfectly and therefore it gets blurred and pixelated to send as much detail in the datarate that is available.  When you stop looking at detailed images, it will return to a clearer image.  If you want to record in full HD or higher resolution, you can do that by recording to the microSD card in the aircraft, and playing it back later.  It will appear much better than you are seeing on the preview feed.

There are other reasons for a fuzzy picture and dropouts, such as antenna orientation and interference in the area.  Check these as well.
2017-5-9
Use props
fans55ae5496
Second Officer

United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-5-8 19:09
Aloha fans55,

Go to PhantomHelp.com and choose the Phantom you fly.  Then go down to software and find the version of DJI GO that last worked for you.  Uninstall the current version you have on your device and install the older version that last worked for you.  Things should get much better.

Hi Cetacean man,

I took your advice and went to phantonmhelp and got all the IPA files I could find. THough, I am unable to install the one I want (version 2.7.2).

After deleting the version on my ipad that is too new and causes fuzzy video, I then added the 2.7.2 IPA file to my itunes library.

I then went to the Apps area and found it and clicked install, then apply.

This pops up.

Can you help me to solve this?

thanks so much.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg
2017-5-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fans55 and james,

What endotherm and Phantomski are saying is good information.  Aside from what I am helping you with, you should also look into their suggestions.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-5-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans55ae5496 Posted at 2017-5-22 17:00
Hi Cetacean man,

I took your advice and went to phantonmhelp and got all the IPA files I could find. THough, I am unable to install the one I want (version 2.7.2).

Aloha fans55,

This is an authorization for your iTunes account.  Sign in to iTunes and open an account or access your account.  Follow the instructions.  Then you should be able to download the version of DJI GO you want.  Be sure to double-check that it is the right one.  The download is free, but the notice is written for all downloads, many of which are not free.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-5-23
Use props
fans55ae5496
Second Officer

United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-5-8 19:09
Aloha fans55,

Aloha,

I did what you suggested above and am now unable to install the IPA file for the version I am interested in using.

When I log into my itunes account, the only version of DJI GO that I can download is the latest version.

I want everyone to know that this is not an optical issue. It is clearly a software issue that came about after inadvertantly updating the DJI GO app.

If anyone has specific tips on how to uninstall what I now have (3.1.10) and get 2.7.2 installed I would be very greatful.
2017-5-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans55ae5496 Posted at 2017-5-23 00:59
Aloha,

I did what you suggested above and am now unable to install the IPA file for the version I am interested in using.

Aloha fans55,

Sorry, but I use Android.  So I have limited experience with iOS devices.  Good luck!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules