4022 6 2017-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc3e296fa
lvl.1
  • >>>
Mexico

Hello Guys,

I am attaching an Inspire one to a 7m crane to hang it over the side of a boat. I like the gimbal controlls of the Inspire. However I am not able to bring the Inspire into the flight position with the landing gear raised. Also the storage position does not allow me to run the camera & gimbal.

What can I do to make this work?

Thanks, Florian
2017-5-7
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

place drone on a flat smooth surface. turn on the drone, then turn on the remote. then on the remote the little switch around the "return to home" button toggle that up and down 4-5 times and drone should raise into the landing mode. turn the drone off and attach the gimbal. turn drone back on, after the camera rotates and does its check you should be able to hang the drone and toggle the switch up to raise the landing gear into fly mode.

hope that helps
2017-5-7
Use props
fansc3e296fa
lvl.1
  • >>>
Mexico

TruGreen Posted at 2017-5-7 13:08
place drone on a flat smooth surface. turn on the drone, then turn on the remote. then on the remote the little switch around the "return to home" button toggle that up and down 4-5 times and drone should raise into the landing mode. turn the drone off and attach the gimbal. turn drone back on, after the camera rotates and does its check you should be able to hang the drone and toggle the switch up to raise the landing gear into fly mode.

hope that helps

Hello TruGreen,
we have the camera on the drone and have it in the landing position with landing gear down. The issue is that we need to run the drone motors in order to bring up the landing gear to the flight position.

My question is, if  there is a way to have the drone in flight position with the landing gear up WITHOUT running the motors.

S.O. wrote that it is bad for the motors to run without load. Is that true? Cannot imagine why?
2017-5-7
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

i have two inspire 1 and on both i can hold the drone about 2 feet above an object and just toggle the switch up and it raises the landing gear, motors are off and not spinning. try going into the app as well and turning off the "vision positioning sensor"
2017-5-7
Use props
fansc3e296fa
lvl.1
  • >>>
Mexico

TruGreen Posted at 2017-5-7 13:32
i have two inspire 1 and on both i can hold the drone about 2 feet above an object and just toggle the switch up and it raises the landing gear, motors are off and not spinning. try going into the app as well and turning off the "vision positioning sensor"

Pefect - will try this again. Maybe I did not hold it hight enough! Thanks!
2017-5-7
Use props
fansc3e296fa
lvl.1
  • >>>
Mexico

TruGreen Posted at 2017-5-7 13:32

Hello again,

so I tried it and the 2 feet above the ground make it work. I have VPS off, but when I get close to the ground it still puts the feet back down. But we can work around that. Perfect! Thanks for the tips!
2017-5-7
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansc3e296fa Posted at 2017-5-7 14:42
Hello again,

so I tried it and the 2 feet above the ground make it work. I have VPS off, but when I get close to the ground it still puts the feet back down. But we can work around that. Perfect! Thanks for the tips!

same place as the VPS turn off the "adaptive landing gear" thats what makes it raise when taking off and lower when landing
2017-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules