o(^-^)o
cpolly55
New

United States

So Here's some info about what's being used -
Inspire 1 V2.0
Google Pixel on Android 7.1.2 - DJI Go App
Fatshark Dominator V3 on the HDMI output

[size=14.6667px]So I went out for some testing today and it was a nightmare on Android. I could not get follow me to consistently work and the app kept crashing. I would hit apply for follow me it would center on myself (we were driving around in a Polaris Ranger in a field), then we would start to move - It would try for a few seconds then I'd look back down at the screen and the little window showing follow me was on would disappear. So I've read a few things on this and I had more questions if anyone could help.

[size=14.6667px]1. Does anyone think the follow me issue is related to Android and it's problems? - Would this work better on an IOS Device? I know IOS gets all the attention first from any major dev and DJI seems to be no different than anyone else.

[size=14.6667px]2. If I got just an Ipad Mini (wifi) would it work fine? I seem to read some threads out there that say follow me mode is relying on the phone's GPS to track. But I was under the impression it uses the signal from the rc and that's really what it's tracking. So the Ipad not having any sort of service wouldn't matter?

[size=14.6667px]Thanks for any suggestion to get it working better...
[size=14.6667px]This a thread where I saw this -
[size=14.6667px]http://www.phantompilots.com/threads...t-work.101462/
2017-5-7
Use props
cpolly55
New

United States

I got some feedback over on RCGroups.com - Can anyone speak here as to when the goapp will work better on Android 7.0 and higher?? @DJI-Jamie
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2882557-Inspire-1-v2-0-Questions

2017-5-8
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

If you are inside a vehicle, regardless of what mobile device you buy, the GPS signal will be getting blocked by the metal roof of the vehicle. There is a GPS unit in the controller which is not only, not as good as your average mobile device but sits below the mobile device thus blocking the signal. (I hope this makes sense).
A cheaper option to get this shot may be to use an app like Litchi to "track" the vehicle whilst you fly it manually.

Mark G.
2017-5-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

cpolly55 Posted at 2017-5-8 11:11
I got some feedback over on RCGroups.com - Can anyone speak here as to when the goapp will work better on Android 7.0 and higher?? @DJI-Jamie
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2882557-Inspire-1-v2-0-Questions

General functionality with Android 7.0 and above has been reported and is being worked on, but with so many devices under the Android "umbrella" that accomodating for all the various interface nuances take time. Unfortunately that's all the information I have at the moment.
For your situation specifically, it would be ideal to try an iOS, just to see if it behaves the same way. If it does, it could be an issue with the unit itself.
2017-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules