Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
spots, please help
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crispy
lvl.1
United States

hello everyone

when shooting in RAW and D-Log im noticing alot of small spots on my photos.  has anyone else seen anything like this?

here is a link to one of the photos with the spots.  they are small so please download and view the photo in full size.  i appreciate any info/guidance anyone is willing to provide

happy flying
2017-5-7
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sorry , not on mine. Did you try different settings, different time of days? Is the lens spotless? Maybe if you can take the same photo in different settings and post them.
2017-5-7
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

I'm not seeing it here either. Little out of focus is all. DJI_0152.jpg
2017-5-7
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Hi! Thats odd, I would restore the camera to default settings, or try a new micro SD card
2017-5-7
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I can't see any spots either. Not to state the obvious but have you cleaned the screen that you are viewing them on.
2017-5-7
Use props
crispy
lvl.1
United States

thanks for all the replies.  first of all, ive accidentally created this thread in the wrong forums(should have been in the mavic section).  i didnt see anything when i looked over the lens but i still wiped it just to make sure.  ill be using a new sd card and will take some test photos here soon.  i first noticed the spots when i was taking some night photos of the back of my house.  one photo was almost completely dark and thats when i saw all the spots through out the frame.  thats what led me to look at other photos ive taken(ill post up this photo im talking about).

how do i get this thread moved over to the correct section?
2017-5-8
Use props
crispy
lvl.1
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-7 21:03
I'm not seeing it here either. Little out of focus is all.[view_image]

thehippoz

i only noticed the spots when viewing the photo in full size.  if you download and zoom in, you will start to see all the spots throughout the whole pic
2017-5-8
Use props
crispy
lvl.1
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-7 19:07
Sorry , not on mine. Did you try different settings, different time of days? Is the lens spotless? Maybe if you can take the same photo in different settings and post them.

dronist

ill try and get some different settings and see if i can narrow it down.  if the spots are on all my pics, what are my options?
2017-5-8
Use props
crispy
lvl.1
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-5-7 22:11
I can't see any spots either. Not to state the obvious but have you cleaned the screen that you are viewing them on.

its on the photos somehow.  either an issue with the camera or something else during the process

dropbox keeps editing my dark dng files(that really show the spots), so i cant show everyone what im talking about.

2017-5-8
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
United States

crispy Posted at 2017-5-8 07:04
its on the photos somehow.  either an issue with the camera or something else during the process

I don't think dropbox edits them. I downloaded that dng and opened it in camera raw, then saved it as 2mb jpg. It maybe the software you're using to view dng.
2017-5-8
Use props
crispy
lvl.1
United States

Here is a zoomed in portion of that image as a jpg. Hopefully you can see the spots that I see
IMG_8220.JPG
2017-5-8
Use props
crispy
lvl.1
United States

And Another
IMG_8221.JPG
2017-5-8
Use props
crispy
lvl.1
United States

doesnt look like any spots are showing up on this photo
2017-5-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could try running them through 'DJI DNG Cleaner' which 'should' get rid of these hot pixels. Almost all imaging chips will have some hot pixels that usually only show up in longer exposure images.

Download from http://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#downloads
2017-5-8
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-7 21:03
I'm not seeing it here either. Little out of focus is all.[view_image]

You need to see it in 100%.

I also downloaded his picture but when you view it in 100% you can see the sparkles. When you reduce the size to half or less it is NOT as obvious but it is still there.

2017-5-8
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

crispy Posted at 2017-5-8 06:36
dronist

ill try and get some different settings and see if i can narrow it down.  if the spots are on all my pics, what are my options?

Crispy,

I also downloaded his picture but when it is viewed in 100% you can see the sparkles. When you reduce
the size to half or less it is NOT as obvious but it is still there.

Did you try a different SD card? With a new SD card, download the pictures to your computer and then upload to DROPBOX and will check it again. If you still have the same issue I would start a customer service ticket and download the file to DJI suupport so they view it.

2017-5-8
Use props
crispy
lvl.1
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-8 08:57
Crispy,

I also downloaded his picture but when it is viewed in 100% you can see the sparkles. When you reduce

dronist

i keep forgetting this forum doesnt let you edit posts after 2 minutes, BUT i posted a link to a photo i took with a new sd card.  but the pic was also taken recently, so its really bright outside and i am wondering if the pixel spots show up in low light only.  either way, the link with new card is on post #13
2017-5-8
Use props
Jerryjin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 583146 ft
United States

It doesn't looks like it's the camera setting problem,it
s probably just the camera or the SD card

Try to format your SD card.
2017-5-8
Use props
crispy
lvl.1
United States

i just wanted to remind everyone that this is on a MAVIC PRO.  i goofed up and posted this in the wrong section, and im not sure how to move it to the correct section
2017-5-8
Use props
crispy
lvl.1
United States

Jerryjin Posted at 2017-5-8 09:11
It doesn't looks like it's the camera setting problem,it
s probably just the camera or the SD card

jerryjin

i did use a new card today and posted a photo on post #13
2017-5-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

crispy Posted at 2017-5-8 09:05
dronist

i keep forgetting this forum doesnt let you edit posts after 2 minutes, BUT i posted a link to a photo i took with a new sd card.  but the pic was also taken recently, so its really bright outside and i am wondering if the pixel spots show up in low light only.  either way, the link with new card is on post #13

Are you noticing this right out of the box, or is it after a firmware update or anything to that effect? Are any of your lighter pictures displaing those artifacts or just the ones that are a tad darker?
2017-5-8
Use props
crispy
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-8 09:24
Are you noticing this right out of the box, or is it after a firmware update or anything to that effect? Are any of your lighter pictures displaing those artifacts or just the ones that are a tad darker?

i did the initial firmwave update right after i purchased the mavic on april 1.  and i just now completed the most recent update, a few minutes ago(not sure what the newest update # is).  

gotta run to grab some cigars and stuff, but will do more tests when i get back.  
2017-5-8
Use props
Jerryjin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 583146 ft
United States

crispy Posted at 2017-5-8 09:25
jerryjin

i did use a new card today and posted a photo on post #13

Have you turn on your reduce noise  function on your camera setting?I actually solve this issue by adjust the ISO to 100 and restart the phantom .
2017-5-8
Use props
crispy
lvl.1
United States

Jerryjin Posted at 2017-5-8 13:06
Have you turn on your reduce noise  function on your camera setting?I actually solve this issue by adjust the ISO to 100 and restart the phantom .

ill have to see if the mavic pro has a "reduce noise" function.

again, sorry about posting this in the wrong section.  wish there was a way to edit after 2 minutes
2017-5-8
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
United States

crispy Posted at 2017-5-8 13:49
ill have to see if the mavic pro has a "reduce noise" function.

cropped.jpg

Yeah dropbox is probably using outdated software to display the dng. I'm not seeing it in camera raw, opening the downloaded dng.

2017-5-8
Use props
crispy
lvl.1
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-8 14:13
[view_image]

Yeah dropbox is probably using outdated software to display the dng. I'm not seeing it in camera raw, opening the downloaded dng.

thehippoz

that is really weird.  i can see those spots on the dng photo after copying them into a folder i have, so thats without any processing on my part
2017-5-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

crispy Posted at 2017-5-8 10:08
i did the initial firmwave update right after i purchased the mavic on april 1.  and i just now completed the most recent update, a few minutes ago(not sure what the newest update # is).  

gotta run to grab some cigars and stuff, but will do more tests when i get back.

Whenever you have a chance would be appreciated.
2017-5-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Firstly, forget about the SD card, they eitrher record or they don't. They have no effect at all on the quality of the image. The spots you see are hot pixels, and as Aardvark says, use DJI Cleaner to get rid of them. As far as Dropbox is concerned, it is displaying the JPEG thumbnail imbedded in the DNG file, you cannot see the real image unless you download the DNG file and then open it in an application that can correctly handle DNG files, such as Photoshop or Lightroom.
2017-5-8
Use props
crispy
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-8 15:23
Whenever you have a chance would be appreciated.

here is the most recent flight with a picture of some trees, and a sprinkler system from a nearby sod farm.  

no spots from what i can tell
2017-5-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

crispy Posted at 2017-5-8 15:54
here is the most recent flight with a picture of some trees, and a sprinkler system from a nearby sod farm.  

Good to see it has sorted itself out. Please let us know if the artifacts return and couldn't be corrected via exposure settings.
2017-5-8
Use props
crispy
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-8 16:10
Good to see it has sorted itself out. Please let us know if the artifacts return and couldn't be corrected via exposure settings.

will do Jamie

thanks
2017-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules