1382 2 2017-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DemolitionMan14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was recording a stack implosion Saturday and had to set and forget my cameras 45 mins early.  I setup my OSMO and it was recording fine for about 30 mins then it just stopped recording.  I still have plenty of room on the card (18gb free).  Unfortunately it stopped right before the the actual implosion. I have a bunch of extra unneeded footage but not the part I need.  Anyone else have this happen?
2017-5-8
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.2
United States

It has a 30min hard stop on recording.  DJI says it's for "quality" but since that explanation makes zero sense it's most likely to avoid European taxes on "video" cameras that record more than 30mins.  Some of the  DSLR manufacturers do the same (except for Panasonic).  BTW - unlike any other camera ever made, you'll only get 8mins of continuous footage in 4k and about 18mins in 1080.  It'll lose a few seconds of footage in between the 4Gig file spans.  Add that to the hard stop at 30mins and you have to pray none of those glitches ever happens to fall when your actual implosion is happening.
2017-5-8
Use props
DemolitionMan14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

dr.nick Posted at 2017-5-8 14:40
It has a 30min hard stop on recording.  DJI says it's for "quality" but since that explanation makes zero sense it's most likely to avoid European taxes on "video" cameras that record more than 30mins.  Some of the  DSLR manufacturers do the same (except for Panasonic).  BTW - unlike any other camera ever made, you'll only get 8mins of continuous footage in 4k and about 18mins in 1080.  It'll lose a few seconds of footage in between the 4Gig file spans.  Add that to the hard stop at 30mins and you have to pray none of those glitches ever happens to fall when your actual implosion is happening.

Thank you for the response.  I was familiar with the the 4gb files even when cards are formatted to exfat due to DJI being goofy with how they have the camera setup.  But i was not familiar with the 30min hard limit.  I find that to be very limiting.  I will have to go with other companies for this use in the future unless they find a way to fix that limitation.  Cant risk losing that footage.   Guess it time to invest in a Canon XC15.
2017-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules