Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problems near a restricted zone
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jean McK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36988 ft
United Kingdom

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced a problem when on the edge of a restricted zone.

I tried to fly my P3P in a field owned by the local university last  week. The drone would not connect to the controller. I tried with and  without the tablet/phone and in P and A modes. The aircraft just  continued to blink yellow quickly (lost controller connection) and would  not connect. We suspect the problem is that the campus is just outside  the green Warning zone for East Midlands Airport. However, I didn't get  any sort of warning from the DJI Go app. Should I have had a warning?  When I returned back home, away from the warning area, everything was absolutely fine.

I have been looking at  the Unlocking function webpages, but it is confusing. It appears that  the Green area that we were in should not have stopped us flying.  I want to check if unlocking works, but I will not have a Wifi  connection. I will try using the Flight Planner, but I will not be able to be logged into the DJI account via the internet when at the site.

Can anyone give any advice on:

1) whether you would expect that behaviour if we  were in a restricted area (ie. no connection, no warning)?
2) If not,  what else might I try to see what the problem is?
3) Once I unlock the site using the Flight Planner, how does the DJI Go app know?

Thanks for your help. I've read the forums and watched the videos which are pretty good, but I'm still a bit confused!  

2017-5-8
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

no fly zone has no impact on not being to connect.. r u saying u can connect and fly elsewhere no problem? Perhaps some magnetic or radio interference? Does not sound normal. I can totally power on and get ready to fly in an airport.. it will just disable motor start as soon as it realizes where it is via gps....
2017-5-8
Use props
Jean McK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36988 ft
United Kingdom

Phantomski Posted at 2017-5-8 11:23
no fly zone has no impact on not being to connect.. r u saying u can connect and fly elsewhere no problem? Perhaps some magnetic or radio interference? Does not sound normal. I can totally power on and get ready to fly in an airport.. it will just disable motor start as soon as it realizes where it is via gps....

Yes, that was exactly it - wouldn't connect at that site, but has been fine elsewhere afterwards.  Perhaps it was radio interference.  I didn't have a spectral analyser, but maybe I could check that out.  Thanks for the suggestion and the information.
2017-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules