Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Misleading Title] DJI repair scam!??
12Next >
3311 42 2017-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans42b101d8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161519 ft
United States

I was able to recover my Mavic after it landed offsite from where it took off. After 3 weeks I received a response that said it hit an object while flying on landing. Completely not true.  I have the video!
  Second and even bigger issue is the replacement "qoute" what a SCAM!!! $709 for Drone ONLY! So let's work some math on this. New mavic= $999 comes with, controller $299; battery $89; charger $49; Blades $12; data card? Whatever$5  just rough math puts the accessories just shy of $450. Which would give me a replacement drone at around $550, but wait, you also have the drone I sent in, prob needs new electronics but NO credit for it at all???
  This is how you treat a customer who purchased your product? It would be cheaper to buy a new drone, that's crazy!!! How you are getting away with this is beyond me, keep it up and I am sure at some point people will get fed up with this company. I absolutely love the drone, treating customers like this is just dishonest.

Your customer service has no power to do anything and provided zero information during the process. I asked several times (more than 4) what a full replacement drone was going to cost, I could never get an answer, now I know why. I would not even bothered to send it in had I known the scam of this system. Very angry and will be trying to get the word out about your "repair" process, had i of known you did business like this it would have influence my decision on purchasing your product.
2017-5-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is your case# and I will look into it?
2017-5-8
Use props
fans42b101d8
lvl.1
United States

CAS-577522-T2Z4X8
2017-5-8
Use props
fans42b101d8
lvl.1
United States

"Quote"  from "Repair" I am trying to figure out the video upload which clearly shows I hit nothing!
IMG_0612.PNG
2017-5-8
Use props
fans42b101d8
lvl.1
United States

The video clearly shows it landed offsite and I tried to cancel the return home several times. It never should have completed that landing. For the " repair" faculty to say it hit something is dishonest.
2017-5-8
Use props
fansb607b708
New
United States

My problem with DJI CAS-557065-F8X8Q6..
Early April 2017 I preformed a firmware upgrade on my Mavic pro, shortly after the upgrade the drone malfunctioned hovered erratically , I quickly lowered drone to ground it was a medium hard landing from thirty six inches . The readings on remote stated "Sys Warning"  at this point I contacted DJI it stated problem and we proceeded to try several times to correct the "Sys Warning" on remote. The final outcome was drone and remote had to be sent in. The drone was checked by  DJI on April 6th , damage to drone was assessed on April 20th total amount of repair was $212 dollars . I was amazed that the drone had no visible damage from a somewhat hard landing from about thirty six inches off the ground directly after firmware upgrade. I cancelled quoted repair due to the fact i did not see justification for a drone that is only five months old. They stated faulty motor and ESC board plus $130 dollars in labor. Presently drone is still at the DJI repair facility after repeated pleas to return drone , Customer service continues to tell me it will be shipped back soon , I t is now May 8th  and still no tracking info when my drone will be returned. I hope a DJI rep would answer this post..Unhappy Customer
2017-5-8
Use props
fans42b101d8
lvl.1
United States

Return my drone is also my next move, the word needs to get out about this process. Just horrible, I'm no young man it this is the worst service I have ever seen, shame on them.
2017-5-8
Use props
fans42b101d8
lvl.1
United States

I believe my other post has been flagged so to ensure this gets out I will be kinder. Sent in my waterlogged mavic and was just told, 3 weeks later that I hit something when landing, just a lie!!  I have the footage!!

Second is the "replacement" cost. $709!!! Drone only, no accessories. (I don't need them anyway) brand new drone is $999 and if you  price it out for the individual accessories a drone only replacement would be around $550. But wait, also zero credit for the drone I sent in!!! I waited a month for this??  You want me to pay more for a replacement drone then I originally paid for a new one?!!

I wish I would have done more research on this company before my purchase, your customer service for "repairs" is the worst I have ever seen!

This behavior is just dishonest and needs to be stopped, my next step will be to notify the BBB. CAS-577522-T2Z4X8

Now I am back in the never ending que known as DJI support. I know it is up for a "case review" but I am tired of waiting and extremely insulted by your $710 replacement cost. I feel it would do follow on customers an injustice to not report this type of activity to the Better Business Bureau.
2017-5-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

A request for re-evaluation was submitted, that's the most that can be done at this time.
2017-5-8
Use props
RightStuffed
lvl.2
United States

Interested in showing those who may care your evidence?
2017-5-8
Use props
fans42b101d8
lvl.1
United States

I have compressed the video down to the last 11seconds but it will not upload when selected. My "replacement" cost is attached. At $709 it would be more than a new one.
IMG_0612.PNG
2017-5-8
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fans42b101d8 Posted at 2017-5-8 14:39
I have compressed the video down to the last 11seconds but it will not upload when selected. My "replacement" cost is attached. At $709 it would be more than a new one.

it will not upload when selected

Is this on YouTube or something else? People post videos here quite often so if you let us know where you're trying to upload and more specifically why it's failing maybe we can help. I also would suggest that you upload the entire unedited video as that would be a big help for everyone including DJI to see what happened. And yes, there's little logic to asking someone to pay $700+ for a repair when a brand new Mavic Pro can be purchased for $750.

P.S. I assume you didn't purchase Care Refresh, correct?
2017-5-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansb607b708 Posted at 2017-5-8 12:54
My problem with DJI CAS-557065-F8X8Q6..
Early April 2017 I preformed a firmware upgrade on my Mavic pro, shortly after the upgrade the drone malfunctioned hovered erratically , I quickly lowered drone to ground it was a medium hard landing from thirty six inches . The readings on remote stated "Sys Warning"  at this point I contacted DJI it stated problem and we proceeded to try several times to correct the "Sys Warning" on remote. The final outcome was drone and remote had to be sent in. The drone was checked by  DJI on April 6th , damage to drone was assessed on April 20th total amount of repair was $212 dollars . I was amazed that the drone had no visible damage from a somewhat hard landing from about thirty six inches off the ground directly after firmware upgrade. I cancelled quoted repair due to the fact i did not see justification for a drone that is only five months old. They stated faulty motor and ESC board plus $130 dollars in labor. Presently drone is still at the DJI repair facility after repeated pleas to return drone , Customer service continues to tell me it will be shipped back soon , I t is now May 8th  and still no tracking info when my drone will be returned. I hope a DJI rep would answer this post..Unhappy Customer

I have notified the appropriate team to provide a better ETA on the tracking information, you would receive further information on this soon.
2017-5-8
Use props
fans42b101d8
lvl.1
United States

I would just like to know where DJI feels that they can charge more for a replacement drone than the price I paid for a new one? I would think customer care should be able to address at least this issue. Zero credit for the drone I sent in and more expensive than a new one?  Why is that??
2017-5-8
Use props
fans42b101d8
lvl.1
United States

I didn't know about the care refresh, wish I would have. I am trying to upload it here, uploads pictures and seems to select video but just spins forever. This mavic flew flawless always, love this thing. That is what is so incredibly disappointing with this, really want to love this company. It landed several feet from takeoff location, tried to cancel, it was almost like it was in slow motion as I watched it land, shutdown and tip into the water. 3 more inches over and I would still have a drone. The second part that gets me is the statement that it hit something. Absolutely incorrect. I will find a way to upload.
2017-5-8
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

Post it on YouTube and link your video here.
Since detailed flight logs are only in Mavic, I would suggest everyone who are going to send in for repair, you should make a copy of dat file for yourself and upload it so pro pilots here can give advises.
2017-5-8
Use props
fans42b101d8
lvl.1
United States

https://youtu.be/68fMQRvISjk
2017-5-8
Use props
manfredo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1891142 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans42b101d8 Posted at 2017-5-8 16:49
https://youtu.be/68fMQRvISjk

Watched your video. Where were you landing? seems to me like you landed on the edge of a dock or something and the Mavic fell off  the edge? I can see what looks like a boat cleat on the dock right in front of where you landed?
2017-5-8
Use props
fans42b101d8
lvl.1
United States

manfredo Posted at 2017-5-8 17:02
Watched your video. Where were you landing? seems to me like you landed on the edge of a dock or something and the Mavic fell off  the edge? I can see what looks like a boat cleat on the dock right in front of where you landed?

Correct, took off from the center and it landed right on the edge, would not cancel the landing. 2-3 inches over more and it would have been ok.
2017-5-8
Use props
fans42b101d8
lvl.1
United States

manfredo Posted at 2017-5-8 17:02

Uploading full video but it flew perfect until the landing.
2017-5-8
Use props
fans42b101d8
lvl.1
United States

I guess that phone call just wasn't high enough on the priority list. Another thing not followed through by DJI. Don't worry, I'm used to it.

Case: CAS-577522-T2Z4X8.  

Reply: Hi,

We deeply apologize if we were not able to reach you back today. Rest assured your concerned has been escalated to the right department for follow up.

Thank you for your patience

Best Regards,
Hazell
DJI Customer Support Supervisor

Another broken promise from DJI
2017-5-9
Use props
fans42b101d8
lvl.1
United States

I did start to repost there. You would think with the money this company is making they would throw some towards this obvious major problem they have. It's not like I am an isolated incident.
2017-5-9
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

fans42b101d8 Posted at 2017-5-8 17:04
Correct, took off from the center and it landed right on the edge, would not cancel the landing. 2-3 inches over more and it would have been ok.

Correct, took off from the center and it landed right on the edge

Thanks, I think I'm starting to understand better what happened, but let me make sure: you took off from some kind of platform in a marina at night and at some point RTH was initiated. During the auto landing you noticed that it was coming down slightly away from where it took off and you tried to cancel RTH at that point. The Mavic continued to descend until it landed at the edge of the platform from which it took off, falling off the platform onto some other surface and causing damage to the aircraft. You then started getting errors ("Sys Warning"), contacted DJI, they told you to send it in, and you got the big ($709) bill. Is that correct?

You would think with the money this company is making they would throw some towards this obvious major problem they have. It's not like I am an isolated incident.

On the other hand, I'm not clear on what the "major problem" is you're referring to; can you please clarify this?

2017-5-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We have merged your two posted, please follow up the case here, thanks.
2017-5-9
Use props
fans42b101d8
lvl.1
United States

When it fell it went into the water, about 10' and after trying some rice the unit was pretty much dead. The rest is spot on.
2017-5-9
Use props
fans42b101d8
lvl.1
United States

The problem I am referring to isn't the drone itself, it is this system of repair they have in place. Everything said 7-10 day turn around. 1-3 days after receiving the case would update. It has taken weeks.
  It also makes no sense to want $709 for a drone only replacement. Why even send drones in? You get a better deal to buy a new one. No credit listed for my drone at all. The missing accessories are over $450 alone. How is this considered taking care of a current customer?
2017-5-9
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

fans42b101d8 Posted at 2017-5-9 03:07
When it fell it went into the water, about 10' and after trying some rice the unit was pretty much dead. The rest is spot on.

Ah, ok, that makes sense. Well, first off I'm sorry about your crash and I understand your frustration. DJI's phone / chat / email support sometimes leaves a little to be desired, and a $709 repair bill for a drone that can be purchased new for $750 makes no sense at all.

Having said that, though, I'm afraid you're probably out of luck. The Mavic landing slightly away from its takeoff position is the normal and expected behavior, especially since this was at night: the precision landing needs to have a good snapshot of the takeoff location, which in turn requires good light -- but again, this was at night in a dark location. And to be honest, I wouldn't expect canceling RTH to have any effect on the aircraft if it's already in the process of landing.

As for the repair bill, DJI's position has always been that if your aircraft goes into the water that they consider it essentially a complete loss. I've always heard from a variety of sources that when a complicated piece of electronics goes for a swim that it's likely to be damaged in subtle ways that may not show up for days, weeks, or even months later. And since we're talking about a drone, it's understandable that DJI wouldn't want to take the risk of trying to make some minor repair and then have your Mavic fall out of the sky onto someone's head later.

So although I'm sympathetic to your situation, I can also see why DJI has taken the position that they have. To be honest, your choice of takeoff and landing location was a bit risky and I think you misunderstood a couple of aspects of the Mavic's operation that are pretty well documented. It's a shame that you didn't know about Care Refresh before because if you had it you'd be able to get a replacement for $79, but unfortunately I'm afraid this is just going to be an expensive lesson.
2017-5-9
Use props
fans42b101d8
lvl.1
United States

I agree, not expecting a fix, was always expecting it to just be replaced. With that said I asked about replacement cost before I sent it in and multiple times through the process, I would have never sent it in at $700 replacement. I can just buy a new one at $999 and sell off the things I don't need and be far better off and have a parts drone for the future. And had a drone about a month ago.

I do accept some responsibility here, expected to come out of pocket. The statement that I hit something was false. I was also under the impression from my experience with it the sensors should have still picked up a poor landing zone.

Overall the replacement price and the complete lack of customer care has made me furious. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and think customers are in fact entitled to reasonable expectations when this situation happens.
2017-5-9
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

fans42b101d8 Posted at 2017-5-9 04:55
I agree, not expecting a fix, was always expecting it to just be replaced. With that said I asked about replacement cost before I sent it in and multiple times through the process, I would have never sent it in at $700 replacement. I can just buy a new one at $999 and sell off the things I don't need and be far better off and have a parts drone for the future. And had a drone about a month ago.

I do accept some responsibility here, expected to come out of pocket. The statement that I hit something was false. I was also under the impression from my experience with it the sensors should have still picked up a poor landing zone.

Yes, there does seem to be some room for improvement in DJI's customer support, especially with regard to the accuracy and effectiveness of their communications. Combine that, the slow turnaround time on assessments / repairs, and a customer's understandable frustration at seeing an expensive and very cool possession become lost or damaged and the result is a lot of threads like this one. Hopefully they recognize this as a problem and are working on improving it.
2017-5-9
Use props
fansb607b708
New
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-8 14:55
I have notified the appropriate team to provide a better ETA on the tracking information, you would receive further information on this soon.

I was contacted by phone  last evening by DJI after my post, They stated and promised my Drone would be shipped today 5/9  , and that they would be shipping two day delivery. It is now my time 5pm and  DJI time would be 2PM  as of know no tracking info...worried
2017-5-9
Use props
fansb607b708
New
United States

I was contacted by phone  last evening by DJI after my post, They stated and promised my Drone would be shipped today 5/9  , and that they would be shipping two day delivery. It is now my time 5pm and  DJI time would be 2PM  as of know no tracking info...worried
2017-5-9
Use props
fans42b101d8
lvl.1
United States

I was told they would contact me Monday by COB, still not a peep. I think my case will go on forever.
2017-5-10
Use props
fans42b101d8
lvl.1
United States

Coming up on day 30
2017-5-10
Use props
fansb607b708
New
United States

Here is a phone call i received on May 8th from a DJI rep;

Dear Frank,

This email is in reference to our previous phone conversation.

Once again we apologize for the delays and the inconvenience this has caused on your end.

As I had mentioned to you, we will do our best to ship this unit out today. Latest would be tomorrow.

I have also applied 2 day expedited shipping.

A member of our logistics team will be reaching out to you with tracking information.

Thank you for your support of DJI!
DJI North America

I was feeling pretty good someone has actually stepped up and it looked like i was finally going to get my drone back. On May 9th i waited and waited but no tracking info was not  forth coming , it is now May 10th and still no tracking info. I have repeatedly stated to DJI that i needed drone back before May 13th that my family and were going on a vacation i would have love to take spectacular videos with the family with the drone. I am extremely dissatisfied  and frustrated with DJI and their perpetual lies.
I truly believe that my Drone has been lost and they cannot locate it, I will be posting a youtube video with my story ...Standby
2017-5-10
Use props
fansb607b708
New
United States

case # DJI CAS-557065-F8X8Q6
2017-5-10
Use props
fansb607b708
New
United States

DJI CAS-557065-F8X8Q6

As i predicted i was suppose to receive tracking for two day shipping on May 9th after phone call from dji rep on May 8th. They are aware that i needed drone back before May 13th for a planned vacation. I was assured on May 8th that drone would be delivered in time..It is now May 10th no tracking info has been supplied.. what the hell is going on!! the drone was not even repaired ,  the high cost of a minor repair that i do not believe was warranted since drone had a somewhat hard landing from a faulty firmware upgrade . The drone had a hard landed from a 30 inches off the ground due to erratic behavior after upgrade. I cancelled repair on April 20th due to high cost of repair labor $130  parts $80 dollars total cost was $212 dollars. I disputed repair and told them to return drone that i would complete repairs myself.
I originally sent drone in because remote was stating "Sys Warning"  and drone itself was stating bottom sensor error. I contacted DJI to troubleshoot but could not reprogram firmware update I was then told to send in...

Since April 20th i have sent many many request to return drone it is now May 10th and drone is no way to be found.
2017-5-10
Use props
fansb607b708
New
United States

I was lied to again by DJI, Unfortunately drone was not shipped via expedited shipping the drone according to UPS tracking will show up on May 16th ( regular ground shipping) three days after i leave for vacation. You are a dishonest bunch, and i will voice my displeasure via social media and youtube. You are the worst company I have ever dealt with.
2017-5-11
Use props
fans42b101d8
lvl.1
United States

I was promised a phone call last Monday and still not a peep! I have filed a complaint with the BBB.  If enough people shed light they may be forced to fix this issue.
2017-5-11
Use props
fans3c9002ac
lvl.1
United States

fans42b101d8 Posted at 2017-5-11 14:46
I was promised a phone call last Monday and still not a peep! I have filed a complaint with the BBB.  If enough people shed light they may be forced to fix this issue.

I'm about to do the same....been waiting 4 weeks now ...
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans3c9002ac Posted at 2017-5-17 06:54
I'm about to do the same....been waiting 4 weeks now ...

What's your case number? We'd love to help you check it.
2017-5-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules