Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Issue with firmware upgrade to .600 (Case: CAS-572784-F0L1X9)
1088 12 2017-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matias73
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19239 ft
Germany

Hello!

As advised by the service I returned my Mavic after the firmware upgrade to .600 failed a couple of times. Since more than 10 working days I am waiting for the status to change from received to damage assessment.

Now, after browsing through the forum I found the following very interesting information (http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=67216&pid=790057&fromuid=696578) saying that the support is now suggesting to skip the firmware .600 and stay with the .550.

Is this serious? I am waiting for weeks for a suggested damage of my Mavic just due to a buggy firmware? This would be very frustrating.

Is there any way to get my Mavic out of the running repair process without further service activities except returning my Mavic to me?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

Regards
Matias

2017-5-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Matias, we apologize for your experience, since you've tried many times to upgrade the drone, unfortunately it failed, the best course of action would be to send it in for evaluation by engineers.
I reported your case to the local repair team, will escalate it and contact you for an update soon.
Sorry to have kept you waiting, appreciate your patience!
2017-5-8
Use props
Matias73
lvl.2
Germany

Thank you very much.
2017-5-8
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

Have the same problem like you and I have decided not to upgrade anymore and stay on 550. I have not send my Mavic for repair and will try to install the newest update this evening. If it won't work I consider sending my Mavic for repair, too.

Interestingly the most people having this upgrade issue are located in Germany. Or in Belgium. Mayby only EU drones are affected by this problem?
2017-5-9
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

please move discussion to
http://forum.dji.com/thread-95581-1-1.html
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-9 07:02
Have the same problem like you and I have decided not to upgrade anymore and stay on 550. I have not send my Mavic for repair and will try to install the newest update this evening. If it won't work I consider sending my Mavic for repair, too.

Interestingly the most people having this upgrade issue are located in Germany. Or in Belgium. Mayby only EU drones are affected by this problem?

Could you please PM me your DJI account ( e-mail address)? we'd love to help.
2017-5-9
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-9 20:14
Could you please PM me your DJI account ( e-mail address)? we'd love to help.

Hi, I just wrote you a PM. Thank you for helping me with this issue :-)

Maybe you need to know that I managed to install the fw 01.03.0700 update yesterday. As someone in the forum mentioned it could help to use a whole new DJI account - and yes that helped. So maybe ther must be something wrong with my DJI account. This might be interesting for everyone else who has problems while upgrading.

Here is what I have done so far:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=3#pid791810

regards,
patman89
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-9 22:48
Hi, I just wrote you a PM. Thank you for helping me with this issue :-)

Maybe you need to know that I managed to install the fw 01.03.0700 update yesterday. As someone in the forum mentioned it could help to use a whole new DJI account - and yes that helped. So maybe ther must be something wrong with my DJI account. This might be interesting for everyone else who has problems while upgrading.

That's really interesting, just to verify, what was the firmware version for aircraft before you upgraded it to  V01.03.0700 successfully?
2017-5-9
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-9 23:27
That's really interesting, just to verify, what was the firmware version for aircraft before you upgraded it to  V01.03.0700 successfully?

Yeah this is very weird for me, too...

Before I have upgraded I was on 01.03.0550 which was the last working firmware. But I had several failures before it went successfully to the end. Usually I refresh the .0550 firmware after every failed upgrade, but not this time. I kept on trying to update to 01.03.0700. And with the above mentioned solution it finally worked for me. But I don't want to use a second DJI account everytime I upgrade.

And before you ask, I didn't tried to upgrade or downgrade again after .0700 was successfully installed. I don't want to touch the running system ;-)

I have also wrote to support@dji.com and got following ticket-number, if you want to track this: #534721
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-9 23:43
Yeah this is very weird for me, too...

Before I have upgraded I was on 01.03.0550 which was the last working firmware. But I had several failures before it went successfully to the end. Usually I refresh the .0550 firmware after every failed upgrade, but not this time. I kept on trying to update to 01.03.0700. And with the above mentioned solution it finally worked for me. But I don't want to use a second DJI account everytime I upgrade.

I've confirmed it with engineers, since you've upgraded it successfully, there is no need to worry about it. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
2017-5-10
Use props
Matias73
lvl.2
France

My Mavic is on its way back to me. I just got the shipping details.
Hope the issue with updating the firmware is fixed now.
Thanks a lot for your support.

Matias
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Matias73 Posted at 2017-5-10 06:10
My Mavic is on its way back to me. I just got the shipping details.
Hope the issue with updating the firmware is fixed now.
Thanks a lot for your support.

Great, you will receive it soon.
Please test the performance, hope you have a nice time on flying!
2017-5-10
Use props
Matias73
lvl.2
Germany

Got my Mavic back today with .700 firmware installed and I enjoyed the first flight already.
Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Is there any chance to get more details what has been done during the repair? If we can believe the information provided by the DJI GO 4 app, the repair including the flight test took less than 10 minutes and I got my Mavic (same S/N) back. So I would assume the issue is not caused by a H/W incompatibility.
2017-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules