Video Recording Stops/connection loss issues - Need Help
3686 35 2017-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RgrDat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 680679 ft
United States

This very well could just be me doing something dumb that I haven't noticed yet, but when I'm recording video on my I2 (X5S) it will freqently stop recording on it's own.  I've also noticed it'll sometimes have "N/A" under all of my settings and not allow me to do anything for upwards of 4 or 5 seconds.  I understand "N/A" means not available and I understand I must have lost connection some how, but can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong to keep causing it to happen?  I'm assuming it's a setting I have overlooked or something of that nature, but it never happens with my Mavic and I fly them in all the same places (not at the same time, I'm just saying it's not a location issue).  *Note: I only record to an SD as I did not buy the lisences, SSD, or the reader as of yet.  Also, the unwanted stops when recording happen at all different times.  Sometimes it's after just a few seconds, sometimes it's after a minute.

Thanks for any and all help.
2017-5-8
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I hope there is an answer, I have the same issue with my I2. Just when you think you got some awesome action footage the sucker stopped recording.
2017-5-16
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 391293 ft
United Kingdom

Suppose the signal lost / controller lost will not lead to a video record interrupted on the I2, is that right?
2017-5-16
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

My recording stops intermittently within 30 ft. it's not a loss of signal as far as I can tell. This really is a pain in the butt when you are not aware that it stopped recording on its own..
2017-5-16
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Try to experiment with different SD cards, naturally of appropriate speed.
2017-5-16
Use props
RgrDat
lvl.2
United States

Sorry for the last response.  It seems that Ronin rs211 is having the same issue based on his description.  Mine also stops recording within just a few meters of my location/RC.  I have tried a couple SD cards (including the one it came with) and all of which have the proper specs (UHS and speed).  Still didn't fix anything.  I've also tried changing cables, re-connecting the RC, calibrating the IMU, Gimbal, & Compass (in varying orders), different camera settings, etc.  I'm quite bummed about the whole situation as it makes recording extremely difficult and unreliable.  Also, as Ronin said, sometimes I don't even realize that it stopped recording due to focusing on the 10 other aspects of flying as a single operator (which in and of itself I don't mind doing at all) and will thusly cause me to miss opportunities, have to re-run entire shots, etc.  Thanks for the input thus far and I look forward to hearing any other potential solutions you guys may have.  Thanks.
2017-5-17
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RgrDat Posted at 2017-5-17 10:29
Sorry for the last response.  It seems that Ronin rs211 is having the same issue based on his description.  Mine also stops recording within just a few meters of my location/RC.  I have tried a couple SD cards (including the one it came with) and all of which have the proper specs (UHS and speed).  Still didn't fix anything.  I've also tried changing cables, re-connecting the RC, calibrating the IMU, Gimbal, & Compass (in varying orders), different camera settings, etc.  I'm quite bummed about the whole situation as it makes recording extremely difficult and unreliable.  Also, as Ronin said, sometimes I don't even realize that it stopped recording due to focusing on the 10 other aspects of flying as a single operator (which in and of itself I don't mind doing at all) and will thusly cause me to miss opportunities, have to re-run entire shots, etc.  Thanks for the input thus far and I look forward to hearing any other potential solutions you guys may have.  Thanks.

Exactly.. when you are shooting a bike or car on the fly or getting that perfect swoop from the road surface and it doesn't keep recording just makes me nuts...
I've had it record for 10 sec. and just stop, hit the record button again and it stops 5 sec. later, this can go on and on until it finally stays on record...
I've tried everything I can think of...
The worst thing is to drive home and wonder why the SD card hasn't maxed out after flying through 6 pair of batteries.... Knowing that you can never repeat the action and natural lighting can make the next day out in the canyons a gamble....
Come on DJI fix this glitch....please and thank you.
2017-5-17
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I guess we are the only guys with this problem.... Hey DJI jump in and tell me I didn't spend all this money on a crapy toy.
2017-5-18
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Is this think on ?  Hello DJI, I still have this issue...
2017-5-18
Use props
sugnesh joshi
lvl.1

United Kingdom

i have this issue on Inspire 1. Once camera stops recording i have to reset the aircraft to pick up again. very frustrating considering this is meant to be an pro product
2017-5-19
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So DJI how about a response to the record function failure to lock on.. My Inspire 2 X5s continues to cancel recording spontaneously. So what is the fix
2017-5-30
Use props
LW UAS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 858228 ft
United States

I know this is a long shot, but have you tried re-installing the camera/gimbal? When you remove the gimbal inspect all of the contacts on the gimbal and I2 to make sure nothing is damaged. Also, try re-installing the lens. Otherwise, you probably want to create a support ticket.
2017-5-30
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

LW UAS Posted at 2017-5-30 14:52
I know this is a long shot, but have you tried re-installing the camera/gimbal? When you remove the gimbal inspect all of the contacts on the gimbal and I2 to make sure nothing is damaged. Also, try re-installing the lens. Otherwise, you probably want to create a support ticket.

I have done everything i can think of, this is a new replacement inspire2 doing the same thing as the one it replaced..
There is nothing worse that making a smooth pan and having the recording stop or tracking high speed motorcycles and it stops recording on its own....
Now I have to worry about intermittent recording instead of running into a tree or rock wall..

Come on DJI I know I'm not the only guy with this issue.
2017-5-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sincerely sorry for the late reply. Do you use the DJI MFT 15mm/1.7 ASPH lens? When the recording stopped, can you still see the image transmission and have you checked if the is some error like 'gimbal disconnected' in Aircraft Status? If this issue occurs every time, please leave us firmware version, APP version, Mobile device model, and screenshot for better, we will feedback to our engineer. Thank you for your cooperation and sorry for the inconvenience.
2017-5-31
Use props
RgrDat
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-31 01:41
We are sincerely sorry for the late reply. Do you use the DJI MFT 15mm/1.7 ASPH lens? When the recording stopped, can you still see the image transmission and have you checked if the is some error like 'gimbal disconnected' in Aircraft Status? If this issue occurs every time, please leave us firmware version, APP version, Mobile device model, and screenshot for better, we will feedback to our engineer. Thank you for your cooperation and sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi DJI Mindy,  

So I have encountered this problem while using the aforementioned DJI MFT 15mm lens as well as the Olympus 45mm f1.8 m.zuiko lens (one of the listed comparable lenses) .  I have checked many times and I don't get an error, but what I do notice is for the 3-5 seconds immediately after it stops recording all of my indicators (ISO, Shutter, Aperture, etc ) read "N/A" (the same as if you had the DJI Go 4 app open when not connected to the aircraft.  And before you ask, this happens when I'm within 10 meters of the aircraft with near perfect connection, 19+ satellites etc.  

I originally thought there is no way it could be the SD card because It happened with a couple different SD cards I have (including the one it came with and all of which are plenty fast enough to support 4K video).  However, I changed cards once again to a new Samsung Pro card and although it's still happening, it's happening less often.  Perhaps this is unrelated, but I thought I'd share so you had all the info.  

This issue does not seem to happen every single time, but it is frequent.  With that said, if I let the camera record for a minute+ it might happen every time.  If you still need all the firmware versions I'd be happy to get that for you.  I can say that all my firmware and app are/is up to date.  I use an iPad Pro 9.7 WITH Cellular, and stand by for a screen shot if you still need one...  

Thanks for getting back to me/us...look forward to hearing your thoughts again soon.
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we care much about your feedback on our product, I’ve transferred your feedback to our R&D, will look into it and help you get an update soon, thank you for your patience.
2017-5-31
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-31 01:41

No fault codes, latest app and firmware, Mac I pad mini DJI lens, new X5s...Recording just stops with the beep, no loss of image on the screen when this happens. I just press record and it is all normal until it beeps and stops recording again.. This is intermittent and extremely frustrating. My original Inspire 2 did the same thing.. At first I thought I may have hit the record button by accident but after being mindful with my hand placement it is the drone or RC... I wish it was just me being a bone head, I can fix that..
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-5-31 16:58
No fault codes, latest app and firmware, Mac I pad mini DJI lens, new X5s...Recording just stops with the beep, no loss of image on the screen when this happens. I just press record and it is all normal until it beeps and stops recording again.. This is intermittent and extremely frustrating. My original Inspire 2 did the same thing.. At first I thought I may have hit the record button by accident but after being mindful with my hand placement it is the drone or RC... I wish it was just me being a bone head, I can fix that..

Apologize for the trouble caused, if you and RgrDat has the exact same problem, we wish either of you could provide short video including aircraft status, RC indicator, APP display etc when it occurs. Maybe it's hard to provide but we are unable to recurrence this problem and your video would be highly valuable. Thank you for your cooperation in advance.
2017-5-31
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Honestly how the hell am I going to do a video of the Inspire 2 X5s while it stops recording mid flight ?
There are zero fault messages on the display when this happens, it just stops recording going from the square shape record button to a round button...all on it's own.I always hit record just before I lift off..

This is now the second Inspire 2 X5s doing the same exact thing.
How about DJI send me a replacement Inspire 2 X5s setup and I'll send this unit back as soon as I receive it..
2017-6-1
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

It really makes me hesitatant to upgrade to I2. Still so much issues after launch. I know a lot of diehard fans love the technology and tolerate its failure in QC and etc. I still better off to stay with I1.
2017-6-1
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-6-1 15:38
It really makes me hesitatant to upgrade to I2. Still so much issues after launch. I know a lot of diehard fans love the technology and tolerate its failure in QC and etc. I still better off to stay with I1.

I'm beginning to think I should have bought an Inspire 1 myself now..
I thought I was buying the best drone on the market but I've been wrong before..
2017-6-1
Use props
RgrDat
lvl.2
United States

I'm starting to think this may be a simple SD card issue.  Since using my fairly expensive Lexar 1000X card, I haven't had an issue (*fingers crossed).  I'll keep you guys updated though, as I haven't had really any time at all recently so I've only been up in the air a handful of times over the past couple weeks.  Thanks for all the feedback though, I really appreciate it.  Anyway, cheers...that is all, carry on.
2017-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RgrDat Posted at 2017-6-4 06:08
I'm starting to think this may be a simple SD card issue.  Since using my fairly expensive Lexar 1000X card, I haven't had an issue (*fingers crossed).  I'll keep you guys updated though, as I haven't had really any time at all recently so I've only been up in the air a handful of times over the past couple weeks.  Thanks for all the feedback though, I really appreciate it.  Anyway, cheers...that is all, carry on.

I'm glad the problem has been solved, if any problems, please keep us updated. Hope you have a good time on flying.
2017-6-5
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I just ordered the Lexar 1000X card, I'll see for my self if the problem is solved... I have my doubts .
2017-6-5
Use props
RgrDat
lvl.2
United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-6-5 07:26
I just ordered the Lexar 1000X card, I'll see for my self if the problem is solved... I have my doubts .

I don't blame you, I'm by no means confirming that the problem has been solved.  I simply stated that so far I haven't run into the issue since using said card.  But like I mentioned before, I've been busy and haven't put things to very much of a test.  That said, I went out yesterday and flew without issue.  Hope it continues.  Good luck with your attempt.  Let me know how things go.
2017-6-5
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RgrDat Posted at 2017-6-5 12:34
I don't blame you, I'm by no means confirming that the problem has been solved.  I simply stated that so far I haven't run into the issue since using said card.  But like I mentioned before, I've been busy and haven't put things to very much of a test.  That said, I went out yesterday and flew without issue.  Hope it continues.  Good luck with your attempt.  Let me know how things go.

Thanks for clarifying your results, I'll have a new card tomorrow and then give it a good test..
I hope that's the fix...
2017-6-5
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well I tried the Lexar 1000x "professional" 256 GB SD card and it does not work in my Inspire 2... I get SD card error, a please replace it prompt...
This card works in my Panasonic GH4 so it's not the card I guess...
My Samsung 128 PRO and 128Pro+ both give me the slow write error as they stop recording mid flight.
The only SD card that works for me is the SanDisk ultra Plus 64 GB...

Does any one have a "real solution" because I am ready to dump this chump..
2017-6-6
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ok I did a full format of the Lexar 1000x 256 GB card on my Mac and tried it on the Inspire, the RC suggested format but I took a few photos and video just to see if it worked and it did.
I checked the video and pictures on the I pad and everything seemed to work fine. I then followed the prompt to format and after I did that on the RC it erased all the images and video
and then gave me the error message and would no longer allow for pictures or video... SD card error..

Come on someone must have had this issue and found a fix I can't be special although I'm beginning to think I am.... HELP
2017-6-6
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Come on DJI at least help a guy out so that I can use this $10k piece of $$$$ kit I bought...It does make a nice still camera but that's not why I bought it..
P1050115.jpg
2017-6-7
Use props
Whiskey Sky
New
United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-6-7 16:03
Come on DJI at least help a guy out so that I can use this $10k piece of $$$$ kit I bought...It does make a nice still camera but that's not why I bought it..

Just had the same issue today in a critical situation no avail. Try uninstalling/reinstalling apps, update the firmware, calibrate. This helped with the disconnection issues but recording was another matter.
2017-6-7
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hey DJI how about I trade in my Inspire 2 X5s and my 2 RC and 18 batteries for 5 Phantom 4 Pro and call it a day ?
At least then when one falls out of the sky I have backup..whata ya say ?
2017-6-7
Use props
RgrDat
lvl.2
United States

Bro, that sucks you're still having the same issue.  I'm going to go out this weekend and see if mine is still doing it as well.  I didn't give it a real test when I said that it seemed to be working.  I feel bad that you bought that SD card based on what I said.  I'll let you know how things go by Sunday night.  Hope DJI replies to you soon.
2017-6-8
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RgrDat Posted at 2017-6-8 15:58
Bro, that sucks you're still having the same issue.  I'm going to go out this weekend and see if mine is still doing it as well.  I didn't give it a real test when I said that it seemed to be working.  I feel bad that you bought that SD card based on what I said.  I'll let you know how things go by Sunday night.  Hope DJI replies to you soon.

So far DJI is no help.
I was able to return the card and replaced it with this. Samsung 128GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSD EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME128GA/AM)It works perfectly, I tested it out today and now I'm a happy camper..
Test flight...
2017-6-8
Use props
RgrDat
lvl.2
United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-6-8 19:06
So far DJI is no help.
I was able to return the card and replaced it with this. Samsung 128GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSD EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME128GA/AM)It works perfectly, I tested it out today and now I'm a happy camper..
Test flight...https://vimeo.com/221044796

Right on!  Glad you got things squared away.
2017-6-10
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RgrDat Posted at 2017-6-10 11:28

I hate having issues with this stuff... Now I have the camera X5s gimbal drifting when I mount the drone on the roof of my car or on a flat surface... I want to us it as a steady cam but the damn thing keeps drifting...dohh
2017-6-10
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RgrDat Posted at 2017-6-10 11:28

I hate having issues with this stuff... Now I have the camera X5s gimbal drifting when I mount the drone on the roof of my car or on a flat surface... I want to us it as a steady cam but the damn thing keeps drifting...dohh
2017-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules