Mavic Repair and Malfunction Issues
1380 7 2017-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans64897d6e
New
Flight distance : 734537 ft
United States

I got my Mavic Pro April 13th and flew it 3-4 times with no issues at all. On the morning of April 18th  I decided to go take some shots of a commercial property I am looking to purchase.  Just after takeoff I noticed my horizon wasn't level so I decided to land it to do a gimbal recalibration.  Right after I pulled back on the stick to lower it, connection was lost and my Mavic dropped hard onto the pavement.  The gimbal was broken, the shell was very damaged and the landing gear legs were broken.  I sent it back to DJI and had to contact them when FedEx said it had been delivered for several days but the DJI site said they were still waiting on it.
I heard back from DJI  early last week and they are trying to say it was my fault the Mavic crashed and they are trying to make me pay $359 to have it repaired.  There is no way it is my fault and I did nothing wrong. It simply lost control and dropped out of the sky and fell to the ground.  Am I missing something here?  I requested another investigation because this is insane.  Also, I do not want a repair to a drone I feel has other issues and I am afraid it will do this again.  I want it replaced.  I haven't heard back any findings yet.

Has anyone else had this happen?  I never really considered this as being a possibility.  I've had a P3A for 1.5yrs with no problems that weren't due to my stupidity.  This has me a little hesitant whereas before I thought nothing of flying over the ocean, lake, etc.  Now I am worried the equipment won't make it safely and I'm worried if I do have an issue due to a malfunction with the equipment, DJI won't stand behind it.  If anyone can share some insight or encouragement that would be helpful.

Thanks,

D. S.
2017-5-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties, D.S.
What's your case number? I'll help to look into it and request our engineers to review your flight data.
2017-5-8
Use props
fans64897d6e
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-8 18:48
I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties, D.S.
What's your case number? I'll help to look into it and request our engineers to review your flight data.

Thanks Mindy.  Case number is: CAS-584311-H9X2T2
2017-5-9
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Has anyone else had this happen?

There have been some other cases recently where a Mavic was reported to have just fallen out of the sky in what appears to be a spontaneous power loss. It's hard to even guess whether this is really the same type of problem or not without the information logged on the Mavic itself, but you won't have access to that since it was already sent back to DJI. Out of curiosity, what specifically was DJI's explanation for the cause of the crash? And you can enter your Mavic's serial number here and let us know what build date is identified?

At this point probably the best thing you can do is upload the upload the flight log and provide a link to it so that we can see where you were flying and what information was recorded on your mobile device.
2017-5-9
Use props
SmithLaw
New
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-9 05:52
Has anyone else had this happen?

There have been some other cases recently where a Mavic was reported to have just fallen out of the sky in what appears to be a spontaneous power loss. It's hard to even guess whether this is really the same type of problem or not without the information logged on the Mavic itself, but you won't have access to that since it was already sent back to DJI. Out of curiosity, what specifically was DJI's explanation for the cause of the crash? And you can enter your Mavic's serial number here and let us know what build date is identified?

Build date 3/10/17

Flight log link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s722h ... CYR7xzgAP-DTaa?dl=0
2017-5-9
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

SmithLaw Posted at 2017-5-9 09:56
Build date 3/10/17

Flight log link:

The DAT files that would help would be on the Mavic itself, but I believe you mentioned that you've already sent it back to DJI, correct? Can you upload the flight log to PhantomHelp and provide a link to it and find out your Mavic's build date using the links in my previous post?
2017-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hopefully a review of you case will show it was not your fault, I've seen others having the same problem, but we never seem to find out why ?
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans64897d6e Posted at 2017-5-9 05:42
Thanks Mindy.  Case number is: CAS-584311-H9X2T2

Thank you. I have escalated the case for you.
We will arrange the data analysis then keep you updated as soon as possible.
2017-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules