1154 13 2017-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jsantacroce
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10036 ft
United States

Case: CAS-604546-G3J2L0

As I could find no way to ask a question or have dialog regarding my care I had to resort to doing it here.

The cost of repairs is more than a replacement unit I can buy locally.
- There is no information as to whether it is a repair of my original unit or a new or refurbished replacement
- There is no information in the case as to whether there is any type of warranty or not

For the cost based on the invoice I can buy a new one and DJI Cares for one year for less than the invoice. So either something doesn't add up or I'm missing something here.

Please advise and thanks for the prompt turnaround.

Joe..

2017-5-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Joe, sorry to hear the accident.
I checked your case, since it's pilot error and water damaged, it will not be covered by warranty, we're unable to repair it because of the extensive damage.
As you can see in the invoice, it includes an aircraft  (Excludes Remote Controller, Gimbal, Battery, Battery Charger and Propellers), Gimbal and Camera, Intelligent Flight Battery (High Capacity 5870mAh).
After receiving your payment, we will sent the package to you.
2017-5-8
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-8 23:08
Joe, sorry to hear the accident.
I checked your case, since it's pilot error and water damaged, it will not be covered by warranty, we're unable to repair it because of the extensive damage.
As you can see in the invoice, it includes an aircraft  (Excludes Remote Controller, Gimbal, Battery, Battery Charger and Propellers), Gimbal and Camera, Intelligent Flight Battery (High Capacity 5870mAh).

Thank you for the response Natalia but that does not (to me at least) clearly answer whether or not it is a refurbished unit and what warranty if any is included.

I don't know how to update the ticket but will figure it out but it sounds as my best bet is to by a new one locally for considerably less and than purchase a new DJI Cares package to go with it. I said all along it was my fault and expected to pay for it. I am just looking for clarity on the situation and total cost out of pocket and best options. Thank you.
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jsantacroce@hvc Posted at 2017-5-9 03:50
Thank you for the response Natalia but that does not (to me at least) clearly answer whether or not it is a refurbished unit and what warranty if any is included.

I don't know how to update the ticket but will figure it out but it sounds as my best bet is to by a new one locally for considerably less and than purchase a new DJI Cares package to go with it. I said all along it was my fault and expected to pay for it. I am just looking for clarity on the situation and total cost out of pocket and best options. Thank you.

I totally understand how you feel.
For your question, replacement products or parts provided by DJI may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part’s warranty. You can visit our website for the details: http://www.dji.com/service/policy
I've informed your case to the local repair team, will check what we can do for you.
r.png
2017-5-9
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

@ Natalia

I looked for a way to respond directly regarding my case but could find nothing other than to pay the invoice. In my case this would make no sense.

DJI wants to charge me separately for the parts and shipping for what may or may not be a new or refurbished unit with a battery for $1681.
I can buy a brand new Quadcopter only (no RC) locally for $1349 with a battery then if I chose to purchase the separate DJI Cares (I am assuming) If purchased with 48 hours of registering if I read I understand correctly. So that is about a $300 savings for the same thing and I can have it faster as it is on the east coast.

Am I missing something?

Thank you again. And please tell me how I can cancel my Repair Order.
2017-5-9
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

And pay whatever the owe and get my RC and copter shipped back. Thank you.
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jsantacroce@hvc Posted at 2017-5-9 11:29
And pay whatever the owe and get my RC and copter shipped back. Thank you.

Thank you for your feedback, we called you but no answer then send you an e-mail for detailed explanation and provided a new invoice.
Appreciated your understanding, if you have any further questions, please click on "Reply" button here so I can get a remind, thanks.
2017-5-9
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-9 22:49
Thank you for your feedback, we called you but no answer then send you an e-mail for detailed explanation and provided a new invoice.
Appreciated your understanding, if you have any further questions, please click on "Reply" button here so I can get a remind, thanks.

Hi Natalia,

Yes, I was at work and on the phone and missed the call but I called back and after a 45 minute wait spoke with a rep. I was supposed to have an updated invoice yesterday along with additional information but I never received it.

I am going to order a new one today. I can't thank you enough for all your help. You have been great.

I also logged onto my case and there is no longer a status update or proforma invoice available so there is nothing I Can do there. Also, there is no way for me to add my comments.

Can you please ask that they close the case, ship the unit back, and invoice me for the shipping and if there is a cost for the review I understand. I wouldn't care about the copter being shipped back but need my RC ASAP as I'll have a new copter tomorrow. That is the other reason. The rep told me it would take another 10-14 days before I would receive a replacement unit.

Also, apparently I don't understand the difference between DJI Cares and DJI Cares Refresh. So I will try to do some research on that while the new one is on it's way. If there is anything you can assist with that it would be appreciated.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Joe..
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jsantacroce@hvc Posted at 2017-5-10 03:54
Hi Natalia,

Yes, I was at work and on the phone and missed the call but I called back and after a 45 minute wait spoke with a rep. I was supposed to have an updated invoice yesterday along with additional information but I never received it.

Joe, I am so sorry about your experience.
I informed your concern to the local logistic team to ship the package back to you unrepaired as soon as possible.
For DJI Care and DJI Care Refresh, please visit the following links to get the details:
http://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh
http://www.dji.com/service/djicare
2017-5-10
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

Thank you again - much!
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

My pleasure, hope you will receive it back soon so you can enjoy flying the new one.
2017-5-11
Use props
vib
New

Canada

Anyone I can speak with in regards to this case number: CAS-581551-P3D6L3

Been really disappointed in how DJI handles repairs/warranty work.
2017-5-11
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

vib Posted at 2017-5-11 09:07

You can call 732-994-0309 and press #2 for Repair Server follow-up. I just did a quick test to see as I was #18 and right now I was caller 31. It took 45 minutes as caller 18 but once I got through I was very happy with the person I spoke with and they tried very hard to work with me.

And DJI Natalia Rocks!
2017-5-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

vib Posted at 2017-5-11 09:07

I checked your case, it's under process, we sent you a new invoice via e-mail.
The engineers will start to repair it once payment is confirmed. May I  know you've paid the invoice or not?
2017-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules