This cant be good
2143 18 2017-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1d5da6d4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170338 ft
United States

So, the issue I am having is pink bars, semi circular noise patterns and general large scale noise intermittently.

I am a photographer and have had the Mavic for a couple of weeks.  

I noticed on about day two a strange semicircular noise pattern.  I thought maybe it was some sort of glitch with obstacle avoidance as the interference looked a lot like the semicircular obstacle warning.  Then it got worse with each flight.  The mavic has never been crashed.  Never been dropped.  Never even heard a discouraging word.

This is 30 seconds from todays flight.

Any advice will be appreciated, but I have a feeling what the resolution to this will be......

2017-5-8
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is that video from SD card or phone cached
2017-5-8
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

This doesn't seem good and i don't think a new install of firmware or reset will resolve this issue. I would contact DJI.
2017-5-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please upload the original videos from SD card to dropbox or google drive then send me the link?
I'll help to check it.
2017-5-8
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah thats not good.... maybe your camera ribbon cable is damaged
2017-5-9
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

Bradders Posted at 2017-5-9 00:23
Yeah thats not good.... maybe your camera ribbon cable is damaged

Would say the same. Defective camera cable or interference due to insufficient shielding. Whatever, something is broken and needs to be fixed.
2017-5-9
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Some of the semi circular patterns look like prop reflections or prop shadows across the lens.  Are you using a lens filter?  Is the clear gimbal cover attached?  Wiring defects or interference should not cause these patterns.  Is the video from the stream (phone) or from the SD card?   Lots of questions to be answered before advice can be given.
2017-5-9
Use props
OldJarHead
lvl.2
United States

Video is from the Mavics SD card.  Edited in Premier Pro just to cut down to the 30 sec clip.  ND 16 filter, no gimbal cover.  Shot in 4K CeniLike profile.  Shutter speed 1/60th, ISO 100.  Pattern appears in ALL color profiles, including DLOG.  Wind 8-12 MPH, temp 58 degrees F.  DJI Go app showed the exact same anomaly on the phone.
2017-5-9
Use props
OldJarHead
lvl.2
United States

Apparently I do not have permission yet to do personal message, DJI Mindy.  here is the Drive link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... WM/view?usp=sharing
2017-5-9
Use props
OldJarHead
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy:  Any feedback on this issue?
2017-5-16
Use props
vmich
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1100079 ft
Canada

OldJarHead Posted at 2017-5-16 15:20
DJI Mindy:  Any feedback on this issue?

Hi. Just an advice to get a quick answer: reply to Mindy's last post instead of creating a new post. Moderators usually monitor replies only. Good luck.
2017-5-16
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

lol that aint good.... its rooted.
Best get it packed up ready for return shipping.
2017-5-16
Use props
OldJarHead
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-8 23:36
Could you please upload the original videos from SD card to dropbox or google drive then send me the link?
I'll help to check it.

DJI Mindy.  Here is the Drive link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... WM/view?usp=sharing
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

OldJarHead Posted at 2017-5-22 13:15
DJI Mindy.  Here is the Drive link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... WM/view?usp=sharing

Sorry the link is not correct. I cannot open it. Could you please post the correct link again?
2017-5-22
Use props
OldJarHead
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-22 18:06
Sorry the link is not correct. I cannot open it. Could you please post the correct link again?

DJI Mindy, not sure why that didn't work, please try this one:

Google drive

The fun really starts right about the 14 second mark.
2017-5-29
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

This looks like a type of electrical interference.  Yes, it looks a little "proppy", but this is electrical, not "photographic".  Makes me think of the "twisted wire issue" in some of the Mavs before they discovered the problem.
2017-5-29
Use props
OldJarHead
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-8 23:36
I'll help to check it.

DJI Mindy?  Posting this updated link again.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... WM/view?usp=sharing
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

OldJarHead Posted at 2017-6-2 15:48
DJI Mindy?  Posting this updated link again.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9i_vMlCwOQ_UjROaDhkQXJXOWM/view?usp=sharing

It seemed that the video you uploaded still was not the original one. It's likely the camera sensor doesn't work very well. Have you tried to reset the camera setting in APP or refresh the firmware?
2017-6-5
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

As the pilot is facing away from the sun, i doubt it is any prop reflection,  it appears  electro-mechanical as a heavy power interference, or similar , often see it on poorly set up race quads,  never seen on my mavic.
2017-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules