Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI CARE REFRESH Not what your would expect
1831 22 2017-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6bd3057e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1606201 ft
United States

I am posting this as a last resort in hopes that Natalia or someone with DJI can take over this case and get some results.
My case number is CAS-591340-P5N3M6

I purchased my phatom 4 drone with the 299 dji care plan that went into effect on April 18 2016  I contacted DJI chat on the 17th of April informing them I was having a problem with the drone and requestied an RMA  which I was told would be sent within 24 hours I contacted chat again on the 18th and still did not receive an RMA I contacted the 818 number and finally recieved an RMA on the 21st of April I sent the drone in for reapir and several days ago I received a bill for over 180.00 for repair the labor alone was to be 130.00. I called the 818 number four times to dispute the charge one I had contacted DJI chat for an RMA before my plan expired and two I had been without the drone for almost 4 weeks in June of 2016 while it was in for repair under the DJI plan, each time I was told  by the people on the 818 line that they would more than likely be able to waive the repair charge and they would get back to me within 24 hours to let me know still have not gotten a call or email informing me of my dispute status. I called the 818 number again yeaterday and the lady said she would acll me back within a couple of hours and also email, been almost 24 hours and still have not received a response from her.
Hopefully Natalia or someone from DJI can help me get this charged waived and my drone repaired and reuturned to me in a timely manner.

2017-5-9
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.3
United States

Thank you for your consideration
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about your experience, I'd love to try my best to help you.
I've informed the local designated team to look into your case and contact you for an update soon, I'll also keep an eye on it's process.
We care much about your feedback, have asked the support team to escalate it, will learn from the experience and keep improving to provide you more professional and effective service. Appreciate your patience!

2017-5-9
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-9 04:20
I've informed the local designated team to look into your case and contact you for an update soon, I'll also keep an eye on it's process.
We care much about your feedback, have asked the support team to escalate it, will learn from the experience and keep improving to provide you more professional and effective service. Appreciate your patience!

Wow Natalia I should have contacted you from the start. DJI should put you in charge of putting their customer service on the right track. There is no reason for Chat , email customer support, and the forum not to be able to access a customers DJI purchase history , repair history etc.
Thank you so much for you quick response to my problem, DJI makes a fine product but fails on so many levels when it comes to after sales repair and customer support. If I was head of management you would be on the top of the list for a pay raise and put in charge of getting DJI's customer service on track to where it should be.
2017-5-9
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-9 04:20

thank you so much DJI should put you in charge of putting there customer service and repair departments in order.
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2017-5-9 06:00
thank you so much DJI should put you in charge of putting there service and repair departments in order.

Thank you for the kind words.
We called you back at 3:32 PM (PST) today, but no answer nor voice mail, then we sent you an e-mail to explain it.
Besides, we looked into the chat history again, unfortuantely, we did not find any records showing you contacted us on 17th and 18th of April. In that case, your DJI care had expired, considering this special situation, we decided to send you a new invoice, please check you e-mail box, after we receive your payment, will help you repair it as soon as possible.
Please feel free to let me know if you have any further query, thanks.

2017-5-9
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-9 18:29
Thank you for the kind words.
We called you back at 3:32 PM (PST) today, but no answer nor voice mail, then we sent you an e-mail to explain it.
Besides, we looked into the chat history again, unfortuantely, we did not find any records showing you contacted us on 17th and 18th of April. In that case, your DJI care had expired, considering this special situation, we decided to send you a new invoice, please check you e-mail box, after we receive your payment, will help you repair it as soon as possible.

Thanks for everything on this the care people gave me credit for the parts but they are still charging me 130.00 for labor which I paid under protest sorry you could not find the chat records but there is a record of the call I made on the 21st which is only three days after the plan expired given the fact I was without the drone for almost 4 weeks when it went in for repair in June 2016 the right customer service would be to waive the charge. I have posted my complaint on a you tube channel hopefully DJI care will  do the right thing and issue me a credit for the 130 I just paid. Not happy at all. Note to all customers make sure to take photos of you chats etc so you are not put in to the position I am.
2017-5-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2017-5-14 06:48
Thanks for everything on this the care people gave me credit for the parts but they are still charging me 130.00 for labor which I paid under protest sorry you could not find the chat records but there is a record of the call I made on the 21st which is only three days after the plan expired given the fact I was without the drone for almost 4 weeks when it went in for repair in June 2016 the right customer service would be to waive the charge. I have posted my complaint on a you tube channel hopefully DJI care will  do the right thing and issue me a credit for the 130 I just paid. Not happy at all. Note to all customers make sure to take photos of you chats etc so you are not put in to the position I am.

Just to verify, did you use another e-mail address to contact our chat support on 17th and 18th of April?
I sent you messages, please check whether you receive it or not, thanks.

2017-5-15
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-15 00:37
Just to verify, did you use another e-mail address to contact our chat support on 17th and 18th of April?
I sent you messages, please check whether you receive it or not, thanks.

no on the 17th and 18th I contacted the chat support on your site it was not until the 21st that I contacted the 818 number and finally got the RMA and return label
Still do not understand that DJi does not honor the DJI Care plan. The fact is DJI does in fact admit they at least received a request for repair under DJI care on the 21st that is three days after the plan expired there should be some grace period considering the drone was not being flown for almost four weeks when it was in for repair in June of 2016. My mistake I should have never contacted DJI chat  in the future I will send an email to dji support so I have a record . So let me get this straight if a customer sends a drone in for repair and it takes 4 weeks for the repair to be done there is no grace period to extend the DJI care three days , this is the worst customer care plan if that is the case. Not my fault the turn around time to get an RMA and repair done takes so long at the very minimum there should be some grace period I should be getting a full refund for the 130.00 labor I spent on the repair. My next step is to contact California consumer agency that handles warranty issues to see if they is any law that would extend a warranty or care plan if there is a four week wait for a repair under the original care plan.
2017-5-16
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.3
United States

I tried to respond to you on private chat but no luck here is the link to the you tube video I made my comments to on the type of poor customer service you can expect from DJI from their 299.00 and 149.00 care plans I have them both the 299.00 for the phantom 4 which has expired and the Phantom 4 pro. I have not made my own you tube video in regards to the quality of the DJI plans and will wait to see if I get the refund of 130.00 or do not get so I can make an honest case on the type of care a loyal customer may expect from DJI . To me  DJI should at the very least have some grace period especially it the item was out of service toe almost 4 weeks because of repair under the DJI care plan. For 299.00 you would expect a faster turn around on a repair or at the very least extend the repair care for the duration it took for any reapir under the plan. here is the link where I left my comments under Dobsonimages  on my experience with the  both the DJI care plans I have   
2017-5-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2017-5-16 06:28
no on the 17th and 18th I contacted the chat support on your site it was not until the 21st that I contacted the 818 number and finally got the RMA and return label
Still do not understand that DJi does not honor the DJI Care plan. The fact is DJI does in fact admit they at least received a request for repair under DJI care on the 21st that is three days after the plan expired there should be some grace period considering the drone was not being flown for almost four weeks when it was in for repair in June of 2016. My mistake I should have never contacted DJI chat  in the future I will send an email to dji support so I have a record . So let me get this straight if a customer sends a drone in for repair and it takes 4 weeks for the repair to be done there is no grace period to extend the DJI care three days , this is the worst customer care plan if that is the case. Not my fault the turn around time to get an RMA and repair done takes so long at the very minimum there should be some grace period I should be getting a full refund for the 130.00 labor I spent on the repair. My next step is to contact California consumer agency that handles warranty issues to see if they is any law that would extend a warranty or care plan if there is a four week wait for a repair under the original care plan.

We double checked it with all the info related to your case, unfortunately, we failed to get any records about your conversation on 17th and 18th of April.
As we explained before, since your care just expired, we considered it as a special case, then updated the invoice to you.
We totally understand your feelings, but we have tried our best to help you on it, appreciate your understanding and support!
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2017-5-16 06:41
I tried to respond to you on private chat but no luck here is the link to the you tube video I made my comments to on the type of poor customer service you can expect from DJI from their 299.00 and 149.00 care plans I have them both the 299.00 for the phantom 4 which has expired and the Phantom 4 pro. I have not made my own you tube video in regards to the quality of the DJI plans and will wait to see if I get the refund of 130.00 or do not get so I can make an honest case on the type of care a loyal customer may expect from DJI . To me  DJI should at the very least have some grace period especially it the item was out of service toe almost 4 weeks because of repair under the DJI care plan. For 299.00 you would expect a faster turn around on a repair or at the very least extend the repair care for the duration it took for any reapir under the plan. here is the link where I left my comments under Dobsonimages  on my experience with the  both the DJI care plans I have https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPh21NW7zLI&lc=z12qjpzxwrexcv0e223wvxgjuxiaslevd.1494774830675271

If users do not purchase the service after 48 hours of activation, they can also submit a video to prove that the drone performs fine, then purchase service after the video is confirmed by DJI.
Here is the link for reference: chttps://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload
2017-5-17
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-17 03:12
We double checked it with all the info related to your case, unfortunately, we failed to get any records about your conversation on 17th and 18th of April.
As we explained before, since your care just expired, we considered it as a special case, then updated the invoice to you.
We totally understand your feelings, but we have tried our best to help you on it, appreciate your understanding and support!

Thanks I am still not happy I will be making a your tube video on this case and let the public see how DJI treats their customers. In my opinion and I am sure other buyers of your care plan a three day grace period would seem reasonable on a 299.00 care plan since for almost four weeks the drone was in the shop and the customer was unable to fly his drone. Not the customers fault it took almost four weeks to get his drone repaired. I will make not on the you tube video I got credit for the parts and no credit for the labor. DJI is a big company 130.00 of labor on a 299.00 plan should be covered because of the above reason. Not the way to treat a customer and to top it off I am still waiting on the repair could you please try to rush it along. Sorry but you and DJI do not understand my feelings or any one else that has a similar problem if my feelings were understood DJI would credit me for the labor cost.
2017-5-17
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-17 03:12

Another point is I am trying to get the tracking information when the drone was shipped. My emails and records show the drone was shipped from China on the 15th of April I doubt if the aircraft was received by the 18th is there anyway you can find the tracking number for this item. There is no way the drone was received by the 18th if it was shipped from china on the 15th would be a fairer plan if the date that the plan was created was the dated when the drone was first flow or received by the customers
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2017-5-17 06:32
Another point is I am trying to get the tracking information when the drone was shipped. My emails and records show the drone was shipped from China on the 15th of April I doubt if the aircraft was received by the 18th is there anyway you can find the tracking number for this item. There is no way the drone was received by the 18th if it was shipped from china on the 15th would be a fairer plan if the date that the plan was created was the dated when the drone was first flow or received by the customers

I am a little confused, sorry.
Which tracking number shows it was shipped from China on the 15th of April?
Could you please PM me the number so I can check it for you? thanks.
2017-5-18
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-18 01:25
I am a little confused, sorry.
Which tracking number shows it was shipped from China on the 15th of April?
Could you please PM me the number so I can check it for you? thanks.

I have the fed ex  tracking number 628579704480 it was delivered to our local store and not to me because fed ex will not deliver to my address I picked up the item from the store on the 19th but really the point is the Care plan should activate when the drone is first flown and why would it expire on the 18th when the drone was delivered at 3:47 pm to a fed ex drop point on the 18th it is clear that the drone at the very earliest was flown at 4 PM on the 18th which it was not. I have gone online and see so many you tubes on its poor customer service. Bottom line I want credit for the 130.00 labor I have been charged it is not my fault my DJI had my drone for 4 weeks in June for repair and I was without the drone.
I cannot believe that a grace period is not automatic when I was without my drone in June for almost 4 weeks while DJI was repairing the drone.
Also I got a notice that this drone is finally tested and repaired and it may take three business days to ship. I would hope it has already been shipped or at least shipped today.
2017-5-18
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.3
United States

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2017-5-18 04:11
I have the fed ex  tracking number 628579704480 it was delivered to our local store and not to me because fed ex will not deliver to my address I picked up the item from the store on the 19th but really the point is the Care plan should activate when the drone is first flown and why would it expire on the 18th when the drone was delivered at 3:47 pm to a fed ex drop point on the 18th it is clear that the drone at the very earliest was flown at 4 PM on the 18th which it was not. I have gone online and see so many you tubes on its poor customer service. Bottom line I want credit for the 130.00 labor I have been charged it is not my fault my DJI had my drone for 4 weeks in June for repair and I was without the drone.
I cannot believe that a grace period is not automatic when I was without my drone in June for almost 4 weeks while DJI was repairing the drone.
Also I got a notice that this drone is finally tested and repaired and it may take three business days to ship. I would hope it has already been shipped or at least shipped today.

So Natalia I have another problem that I hope you can help me with. As soon as I receive this drone back from repair and it test our to fly ok ,I will be sending in my phantom 4 pro replacement drone that has had problems with the IMU , gimbal or compass since I received the replacement drone. I finally after jumping through many hoops have an RMA and label to return the drone, since this is a replacement drone that has had this problem since I received the replacement ( I have copies of emails when I first contacted dji support about the problem with the replacement drone when I first received and flew the replacement. This replacement has not been crashed and flies well other than there are major problems with the IMU , compass and gimbal. So the question is will I be charged for repair on this or will it be covered for free because it is a faulty replacement ?
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2017-5-18 04:11

Please check the screenshot for reference, you can also check it on our webiste: https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... ?from=menu_products
Besides, we tried to contact you again but unable to reach to you, we send you an e-mail to explain the situation again.
We care much about your concern and try our best to help you on this case, the new invoice was the final decision we provided to you, sorry to tell you we cannot refund the 130.00 to you since your care service has been expired, we never found any records that you contacted us on 17th and 18th of April. Care.png
2017-5-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2017-5-18 04:29
So Natalia I have another problem that I hope you can help me with. As soon as I receive this drone back from repair and it test our to fly ok ,I will be sending in my phantom 4 pro replacement drone that has had problems with the IMU , gimbal or compass since I received the replacement drone. I finally after jumping through many hoops have an RMA and label to return the drone, since this is a replacement drone that has had this problem since I received the replacement ( I have copies of emails when I first contacted dji support about the problem with the replacement drone when I first received and flew the replacement. This replacement has not been crashed and flies well other than there are major problems with the IMU , compass and gimbal. So the question is will I be charged for repair on this or will it be covered for free because it is a faulty replacement ?

You got the P4P replaced from DJI service center? what is the original case number?
Since a new RMA case has been created, please send it in at your most convenience, our engineers will assess it firstly after it arrives, then contact you to tell you it will be free or not.
2017-5-21
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-21 00:04
Please check the screenshot for reference, you can also check it on our webiste: https://store.dji.com/product/dji-care-phantom-4-1-year?from=menu_products
Besides, we tried to contact you again but unable to reach to you, we send you an e-mail to explain the situation again.
We care much about your concern and try our best to help you on this case, the new invoice was the final decision we provided to you, sorry to tell you we cannot refund the 130.00 to you since your care service has been expired, we never found any records that you contacted us on 17th and 18th of April.[view_image]

This is terrible customer repair service you DJI does have a record of issuing me a USPS return label on the 21st of April this is two days after the plan expired and the drone had been in for repair for almost 4 weeks in June 2016 and you mean to tell me DJI will not grant me a two day grace period and repair the drone for free, They gave me a credit for the parts but they should also credit me the 130.00 for the labor not my fault the drone took weeks to be repaired in June , I was without the drone for that period of time very poor customer service to charge 130 labor for this repair .
2017-5-22
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-21 00:10
You got the P4P replaced from DJI service center? what is the original case number?
Since a new RMA case has been created, please send it in at your most convenience, our engineers will assess it firstly after it arrives, then contact you to tell you it will be free or not.

I am waiting to receive my  phantom 4 where payment of  130,00 was paid and received on May 11th by DJI and I am still waiting for the drone to ship.
My case number for the DJI phantom 4 pro is CAS-630385-Z2N0c6

again I will ship it in when I receive my phantom 4 that should have been repaired for free.
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2017-5-22 16:15
I am waiting to receive my  phantom 4 where payment of  130,00 was paid and received on May 11th by DJI and I am still waiting for the drone to ship.
My case number for the DJI phantom 4 pro is CAS-630385-Z2N0c6

We've explained details to you and tried our best to help you on this case, hope your kindly understanding.
Hope you receive the drone soon then ship the P4P back for service.
Have a nice day!
2017-5-23
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-23 04:23
We've explained details to you and tried our best to help you on this case, hope your kindly understanding.
Hope you receive the drone soon then ship the P4P back for service.
Have a nice day!

Trying your best would be issuing me a credit for 130.00
2017-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules