1169 3 2017-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phn3_adv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 305784 ft
United States

Hello Everyone,

I want to know your feedback on experience with DJI service.
I have stress cracks under the 3 motors on my phantom 3 advanced. As many of you treat your drone, I hand landed 90% of times and never crashed.
I recently sent my drone to DJI and they said it's not going to cover under warrranty because the shell is not covered under warranty.
DJI didn't say it's not covered under warranty due to the crash.
Before I sent my drone, I read lots of articles and watched youtube vidoes that people are replaced their body under warranty and I thought my drone will repair free of charge.
Is it just me or everyone else same?
My case # is CAS-443317-Z1M2G5
20170204_193337_resize.jpg
20170204_193344_resize.jpg
20170204_193349_resize.jpg
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

As indicated on the invoice you received, both the aircraft and gimbal warranty period had expired. While shells in general do not have a warranty to them, shells had been replaced under the aircraft warranty if they displayed cracks early in its use. Since the aircraft's warranty is expired as well, a free service would not be possible.
2017-5-9
Use props
Phn3_adv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 305784 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-9 15:14
As indicated on the invoice you received, both the aircraft and gimbal warranty period had expired. While shells in general do not have a warranty to them, shells had been replaced under the aircraft warranty if they displayed cracks early in its use. Since the aircraft's warranty is expired as well, a free service would not be possible.

My warranty has expired April 11, 2017 and my drone arrived at DJI facility on April 12, 2017.
1. Originally, I requested a return shipping label on March 29, 2017, this was my first attempt and I didn't get any response from DJI.
2. My second attempt was April 3 and I didn't get any response also in this time. I started worried about the expiration date of my warranty. I had tried to talk to online support and rep. told me the same thing again to wait for the label and they left note to shipping dept. Also, rep. told me to check my email spam box, the label was not in there, of course. I already had checked it before I talked to the rep.
3. My third attempt was April 4 and DJI finally sent me the shipping label less than 30 minutes after I finished chatting with the rep. (it could be solved this easily very soon, why didn't DJI send me the label at the first place?), but it was just a week before my warranty expired, so I had to rush to UPS and send my drone on the same day.

I have all my online chat record for the proof of above.

I strongly believe that if DJI had sent me the shipping label on my first attempt, my drone would have arrived at DJI facility before my warranty expired and covered under aircraft warranty. Now, DJI is saying that it's not covered because my warranty is expired, but it happened because DJI didn't send me the label on time and it wasn't clearly my fault.

Besides, I've seen many articles and youtube videos that people who had issues with stress crack got replaced the shell under warranty. You're saying that shells generally don't have a warranty, but aircraft warranty would cover the cracks early in its use. What do you mean by early in its use? How early is it? Do DJI specify the time period for that?
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Phn3_adv Posted at 2017-5-9 19:31
My warranty has expired April 11, 2017 and my drone arrived at DJI facility on April 12, 2017.
1. Originally, I requested a return shipping label on March 29, 2017, this was my first attempt and I didn't get any response from DJI.
2. My second attempt was April 3 and I didn't get any response also in this time. I started worried about the expiration date of my warranty. I had tried to talk to online support and rep. told me the same thing again to wait for the label and they left note to shipping dept. Also, rep. told me to check my email spam box, the label was not in there, of course. I already had checked it before I talked to the rep.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. There must be some misunderstanding.
I have brought this to the attention of our management and escalated the case for you.
We will keep you updated and get this solved as soon as possible.
2017-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules