Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Replaced camera ribbon, now having compass problems
2531 6 2017-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DWBunnySlippers
lvl.1
United States

All,
I had to replace the ribbon cable on my gimbal. Got that done and the gimbal seems to be working well. However, the Mavic won't stay in one place. It drifts and even does these weird circles. The GPS is connected. I've recalibrated while connected to my laptop. Everything checked out.

Every once in a while I'll get a compass error. Now that I think about it, something else could have been damaged in the crash that messed up the gimbal. So maybe it isn't something I did during repair.

If there is anything I can check before having to send it in that would be great. Thanks!

GT

2017-5-9
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

DWBunnySlippers , Check these 2 pictures -- one is the actual front compass module
                            the second one is a top view of the electronics in the Mavic's body
                            the compass module is mounted right in the front of the nose
Hope this might help

Front Compass Module

Front Compass Module

Top view

Top view
2017-5-9
Use props
DWBunnySlippers
lvl.1
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-9 15:43
DWBunnySlippers , This check these 2 pictures -- one is the actual front compass module
                            the second one is a top view of the electronics in the Mavic's body
                            the compass module is mounted right in the front of the nose

Thank you for that. I'll do a visual inspection and see if I see anything odd. Thanks again! - GT
2017-5-9
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

DWBunnySlippers Posted at 2017-5-9 16:52
Thank you for that. I'll do a visual inspection and see if I see anything odd. Thanks again! - GT

Bunny , I like to add , check the rear motors wiring where the wires come out of the arms into the body,
            make sure there clear of the GPS module (The circuit board above the blinking light in the rear of the Mavic)
            any stray EMF in that area will also cause a compass error.
            Good Luck

FlySafe-FlyFree

2017-5-9
Use props
DWBunnySlippers
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for the help. Getting a mag interference error. Tried calibration etc. I do NOT want to be without my Mavic for weeks...

GT
2017-5-10
Use props
DWBunnySlippers
lvl.1
United States

DWBunnySlippers Posted at 2017-5-10 08:57
Thank you for the help. Getting a mag interference error. Tried calibration etc. I do NOT want to be without my Mavic for weeks...

GT

Hey all - I've been calibrating through the DJI assistant. However, I THOUGHT that calibrated the compass but it doesn't seem to. So I ran through the normal compass calibration and all seems well now. Crossing my fingers. Thanks!

GT
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DWBunnySlippers Posted at 2017-5-10 11:02
Hey all - I've been calibrating through the DJI assistant. However, I THOUGHT that calibrated the compass but it doesn't seem to. So I ran through the normal compass calibration and all seems well now. Crossing my fingers. Thanks!

GT

The Assistant2 calibrates the optical sensors, the compass calibration is in the app and your Mavic needs to be free from any metal around when calibrating the compass. That's not possible when connected to the Asssitant2 as it's probably sitting on your desk.
Glad it's all calibrated and working fine now.
2017-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules