Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware for Osmo Pro/Raw is Available (09/05/2017)
12Next >
16633 43 2017-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Osmo Pro/Raw Release Notes:
  • Date: 2017.05.09
  • Firmware Version: v1.4.0.70
  • DJI GO App iOS Version: v3.1.10
  • DJI GO App Android Version: v3.1.5

Major Updates:
  • The Osmo Pro/RAW Wired Video Adapter can now be used with CrystalSky Monitors and Android mobile devices. Compared to a Wi-Fi connection, a wired connection greatly increases live video feed quality and stability.
  • Optimized camera data management to save settings in real time.
  • Fixed an issue where footage could be blurry when setting camera focus to infinity.
  • Fixed an issue where the gimbal could slightly drift when pressing and holding the screen to move the camera.
  • Fixed an issue where zoom lenses failed to pull back automatically after powering off.
  • Fixed an occasional issue where DJI Focus settings in the DJI GO app switched unexpectedly.
  • Fixed an occasional issue where the live view became unstable when used with DJI Focus after enabling the focus assistant function.

Notes :
  • Only upgrade your firmware by downloading the firmware, loading the .bin file onto the Micro SD card, and inserting the card into the camera. Do not use other methods for upgrading.
  • The firmware version v1.4.0.70 should be displayed in DJI GO after the upgrade. Be sure to connect your mobile device to the Internet before connecting to the Osmo RAW so that the correct firmware version is displayed in DJI GO.
  • The Zenmuse X5R gimbal and camera can also be used on the Inspire 1 RAW after upgrading the firmware on the Osmo RAW.

2017-5-9
Use props
BigM07
lvl.1
Australia

Hey guys, why is the wired adaptor only for android devices and not iOS?
2017-5-9
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I can't find any link for upgrade on dji download site. Could you please provide a link.
2017-5-9
Use props
fans3aef6b7b
lvl.1

Estonia

DTK Posted at 2017-5-9 20:26
I can't find any link for upgrade on dji download site. Could you please provide a link.

http://www.dji.com/osmo-pro-and-raw/info#downloads
2017-5-9
Use props
FauxFilm
lvl.3
United States

I did the firmware upgrade two days ago (I had to upgrade as I was beta testing the wired video adapter).  I'm always nervous about any software or firmware upgrades (too many time in the past have these caused more issues than they have fixed), but this seems to work very well.

While they say it "Fixed an occasional issue where DJI Focus settings in the DJI GO app switched unexpectedly," which I desperately wish it had done was fix things so that focus settings "stick" on power-downs, and not require that focus parameters have to be re-set after every boot up.  Each time I power on my OSMO I have to go into the camera settings and change the focus wheel settings from APERTURE to FOCUS, and from FORWARD to REVERSE.  Why DJI would have the focus handwheel automatically default to "aperture" rather than "focus" is beyond me (it is, after all, a focus wheel, and I would assume that 99% of the users need it to do that).  Also when the focus is set to the default "forward" position that actually makes it work backward from every other focus wheel in existence, ergo one has to go in and change it to "reverse" in order for it to work normally like all other focus wheels.  That wouldn't be a big deal at all if the changes would stick... but after every re-boot those parameters return to the default positions of "aperture" and "forward."

2017-5-10
Use props
ricci2
Captain
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
Spain

BigM07 Posted at 2017-5-9 20:06
Hey guys, why is the wired adaptor only for android devices and not iOS?

Hi,
Apple will no let you connect via a wired connection to use the screen, they never will either so i am having to buy an android device for the beta test. Or the Cristal.

Ricci
2017-5-11
Use props
iKell Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535308 ft
  • >>>
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2017-5-11 21:04
Hi,
Apple will no let you connect via a wired connection to use the screen, they never will either so i am having to buy an android device for the beta test. Or the Cristal.

Why on earth can the DJI drone remotes do this? Seems to be a weird inconsistency.
2017-5-12
Use props
ROTNEG
New
France

Hi, I'm sorry I dont find the new firmware with your link.
I received email who said : dji have a new process for activating software and firmwave updates ???

Help
2017-5-22
Use props
ALL EYEZ ON IT
lvl.1
France

ROTNEG Posted at 2017-5-22 10:29
Hi, I'm sorry I dont find the new firmware with your link.
I received email who said : dji have a new process for activating software and firmwave updates ???

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... FW_V01.04.00.70.zip
2017-6-7
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK guys, having a weird issue, I am using a Mac, d/led the firmware file copies and pasted into freshly formatted SD card, insert it into the camera, turn on the Osmo Pro and it boots up as is normal, I get some flashing from the front of camera led then it turns off and nothing else is happening, nothing at all. I repeated the process and no joy, same exact thing happened. Anyone know why  my Osmo does not want to update? I updated the firmware successfully when I first got the Osmo so I can't figure out whyI'm currentlu on 1.3.0.40, am I so far back I nee dto go in steps to get to 1.4.0.7?
2017-6-19
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-6-19 17:10
OK guys, having a weird issue, I am using a Mac, d/led the firmware file copies and pasted into freshly formatted SD card, insert it into the camera, turn on the Osmo Pro and it boots up as is normal, I get some flashing from the front of camera led then it turns off and nothing else is happening, nothing at all. I repeated the process and no joy, same exact thing happened. Anyone know why  my Osmo does not want to update? I updated the firmware successfully when I first got the Osmo so I can't figure out whyI'm currentlu on 1.3.0.40, am I so far back I nee dto go in steps to get to 1.4.0.7?

Well, issue solved, I ended up having to format the SD card in the mac as multiple attempts to format from the Osmo netted no results. After formatting and transferring the .bin file as soon as I booted the Osmo updating begun and within 13 to 15 minutes was done. successfully. All is working well so far.
2017-6-19
Use props
dopey-tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Will we ever get a panorama mode? It's been promised for over a year now...
2017-6-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

dopey-tree Posted at 2017-6-27 00:35
Will we ever get a panorama mode? It's been promised for over a year now...

No, not available this time, really sorry for that.
2017-6-27
Use props
Rob W
Captain
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-27 02:06
No, not available this time, really sorry for that.

Why no panorama mode, Mindy?
2017-7-3
Use props
fans075af15e
lvl.1
Brazil

I have an Galaxy S5.
He suports 4k video suport and 1080p at 60frame.

It Will Be release anterior update that The osmo mobile recognize These settings?
2017-7-24
Use props
OPP
lvl.1

United States

DJI, I went through the firmware upgrade process as described but in the end it still says "unknown" in the settings. I then tried the process again but with no luck. I then re-formatted the card on my pc (ex-fat) and tried a third time and still the same result. I would appreciate your assistance. Thank you.
2017-7-28
Use props
Tim G
New
United States

I purchased one and am trying to use it with my nexus 7 but it isnt working... I called dji and they are clueless.... can anyone help?
2017-7-29
Use props
StudioJPro
United States

Anyone having an issue with the Handwheel 2 not powering up on an OSMO Pro X5?
I've been through the ringer with support on latest firmware etc. Everything is up to date as far as the website is involved. Main difference with the Handwheel and Handwheel 2 is that there is an On/Off switch (which I obviously turned on).  And there's no cable included. (ordered separately) Firmware refuses to see the Handwheel 2 or even communicate with it. aa $300 paperweight right now. Any insight on this? Just wanted to see who had the same config without a problem.
2017-8-10
Use props
Rob W
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

@StudioJPro

For me the HW2 is powering up with a steady blue led (indicating working probably), but DJI Go does not recognize the device so the app won't start.
If I remove the HW2 it all works (X5, Wired Connection Adapter, DJI Go).

X5, latest X5 Osmo firmware, Wired Connection Adapter, latest DJI Go for IOS.
2017-8-10
Use props
Lepi
Second Officer
Russia

Hello. I'm disappointed that the firmware is not updated for a long time. Osmo Plus already has version 1.5.0.90, and we still have 1.4.0.70. Not fair.
Thank you.
2017-8-11
Use props
fans0c23f15f
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hi, i have osmo pro x5, however there is no live view. so my screen in my dji go app is blank or black.
I still can change the settings, i can move the gimbal with screen or joystick, record video, take photo and i can preview the image if i press media. so do in the sd card when i put it in my laptop i can see the files.

But still no image in live view please help !!!!
i already tried to reformat sd card, try different sd card ( 3 sd cards!!)  at first when i upgrade it to the latest firmware it stucked at 99% until the battery died. then i also tried downgrade and upgrade again but still error. but this time the red led will on and beep beep beep. Furthermore, i used iphone 6, galaxy edge7, xperia z2 still no good news.

Previously it work fine but now like this> pls dont say i must sent this to dji for the warranty because it is impossible even if i can send the stuff to dji, when the stuff coming back entering my country Indonesia.  The custom will not allowed me to get the item even it is warranty RMA stuff. they want see the papers bla bla bla and must pay ridiculously amount of money that does not make sense.

Please help, i need to use it for upcoming even next week.

?dl=0
?dl=0
?dl=0

2017-8-12
Use props
fans0c23f15f
lvl.1
Indonesia

fans0c23f15f Posted at 2017-8-12 06:48
Hi, i have osmo pro x5, however there is no live view. so my screen in my dji go app is blank or black.
I still can change the settings, i can move the gimbal with screen or joystick, record video, take photo and i can preview the image if i press media. so do in the sd card when i put it in my laptop i can see the files.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rk53kuyt729bt0g/IMG_3257.PNG?dl=0

i never see it turn green, but the iphone 6 dji go app show that im at the latest firmware. but if it true. why still no live view on my osmo pro x5???/

DJI PLEASE HELP !!!
2017-8-12
Use props
StudioJPro
United States

Rob W Posted at 2017-8-10 20:04
@StudioJPro

For me the HW2 is powering up with a steady blue led (indicating working probably), but DJI Go does not recognize the device so the app won't start.

I'm thinking I was sent a defective handwheel. Blue light never comes on. Video adapter and connector works great w/o the HW2. (Head hurts from banging it!)
2017-8-13
Use props
Rob W
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

StudioJPro Posted at 2017-8-13 09:53
I'm thinking I was sent a defective handwheel. Blue light never comes on. Video adapter and connector works great w/o the HW2. (Head hurts from banging it!)

Sorry to hear that I got mine finally working, by disconnecting the tablet from the Wired Video Adapter, starting up the Osmo, then connecting the tablet. I don't know how many times I tried different startup routines, but somehow, finally, the app recognised the Osmo.
2017-8-13
Use props
Leonard08
New

Hong Kong

Hi

I'm having an issue where the firmware version appears as unknown in the app. I also can't view photos in the app. I have tried 2 SD cards updated but it didn't work. And I just bought this Osmo Raw.
2017-8-14
Use props
Lepi
Second Officer
Russia

Lepi Posted at 2017-8-11 23:32
Hello. I'm disappointed that the firmware is not updated for a long time. Osmo Plus already has version 1.5.0.90, and we still have 1.4.0.70. Not fair.
Thank you.

I'm still worried about the lack of a new firmware. Problems accumulate, but the producer does not hurry. There are already a lot of problems: the horizon settings are constantly being cut down, suddenly the camera starts to pan at low speed, there is no possibility to disable the start and stop audio signals, and also a nasty squeak when focusing, there is no warning about the absence of a memory card in the slot, and so on. .
These problems the manufacturer must decide, it seems to me. I already wrote about some problems before, but alas ...
2017-8-26
Use props
coltboll
lvl.1
United States

I have tried to update my Osmo Pro countless times with countless SD cards. I seem to be doing the process correct, because when I try to do the same process with the current version, I get a success txt file and the light blinks green/yellow for a few seconds...so the camera detects the .Bin file. However, when I try to do the new update .Bin file, nothing happens when SD card is inserted and camera is turned on. Any idea how I can fix this or get the camera to detect the new .Bin file and trigger the update? Thank you!
2017-11-18
Use props
swh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9728 ft
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-6-19 17:10
OK guys, having a weird issue, I am using a Mac, d/led the firmware file copies and pasted into freshly formatted SD card, insert it into the camera, turn on the Osmo Pro and it boots up as is normal, I get some flashing from the front of camera led then it turns off and nothing else is happening, nothing at all. I repeated the process and no joy, same exact thing happened. Anyone know why  my Osmo does not want to update? I updated the firmware successfully when I first got the Osmo so I can't figure out whyI'm currentlu on 1.3.0.40, am I so far back I nee dto go in steps to get to 1.4.0.7?

I am having this same issue, months after this post. Would love to get some help. I also sent a note to Support.

If I get a response and get my Osmo Pro firmware updated, I will post here as well.

--Shawn
2017-12-21
Use props
swh
lvl.1
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-6-19 22:04
Well, issue solved, I ended up having to format the SD card in the mac as multiple attempts to format from the Osmo netted no results. After formatting and transferring the .bin file as soon as I booted the Osmo updating begun and within 13 to 15 minutes was done. successfully. All is working well so far.

What format options did you use? I formatted on the camera as well and no joy. If I format using Disk Utility on the Mac, what format option did you select? EXT FAT, NTFS, or HFS+ Journaled, or something else?

2017-12-21
Use props
swh
lvl.1
United States

What format options did you use? I formatted on the camera as well and no joy. If I format using Disk Utility on the Mac, what format option did you select? EXT FAT, NTFS, or HFS+ Journaled, or something else?

2017-12-21
Use props
swh
lvl.1
United States

coltboll Posted at 2017-11-18 14:53
I have tried to update my Osmo Pro countless times with countless SD cards. I seem to be doing the process correct, because when I try to do the same process with the current version, I get a success txt file and the light blinks green/yellow for a few seconds...so the camera detects the .Bin file. However, when I try to do the new update .Bin file, nothing happens when SD card is inserted and camera is turned on. Any idea how I can fix this or get the camera to detect the new .Bin file and trigger the update? Thank you!

Me too. If I get a working answer from support, I will post here.
2017-12-21
Use props
swh
lvl.1
United States

coltboll Posted at 2017-11-18 14:53
I have tried to update my Osmo Pro countless times with countless SD cards. I seem to be doing the process correct, because when I try to do the same process with the current version, I get a success txt file and the light blinks green/yellow for a few seconds...so the camera detects the .Bin file. However, when I try to do the new update .Bin file, nothing happens when SD card is inserted and camera is turned on. Any idea how I can fix this or get the camera to detect the new .Bin file and trigger the update? Thank you!

Hello.

I used a 128GB Class 10 Micro USB card from Samsung and used my Mac to format the disk with MS-DOS (FAT).

I then copied the new firmware (OSMO_FC550R_FW_V01.04.00.70.bin dated 2017-09-05) to the newly formatted SD card and inserted into the Osmo Pro Camera (XenMuse X5).

When I powered it on, I finally got the flashing indicator lights on the camera, with a solid yellow for the majority of it during the update.

On the Osmo handle, I see solid yellow LED on the left hand side , and a green led on the right.

Will update once I verify the update is successful.

--Shawn
2017-12-21
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

swh Posted at 2017-12-21 07:58
What format options did you use? I formatted on the camera as well and no joy. If I format using Disk Utility on the Mac, what format option did you select? EXT FAT, NTFS, or HFS+ Journaled, or something else?

You should use FAT
2017-12-21
Use props
swh
lvl.1
United States

Thank you @mixchief!
2017-12-22
Use props
swh
lvl.1
United States

swh Posted at 2017-12-21 08:10
Hello.

I used a 128GB Class 10 Micro USB card from Samsung and used my Mac to format the disk with MS-DOS (FAT).

Just to close the loop on this...

Turns out I had the wrong firmware. Interesting because I downloaded the firmware from the Osmo Pro/Raw downloads page and I got it wrong.

Difference?

Osmo Pro: OSMO_FC550_FW_V01.04.00.70.zip

Osmo Raw: OSMO_FC550R_FW_V01.04.00.70.zip

Did you spot it? The extra "R" after the FC550.

So it was user error. Not above admitting that. And I should also admit that I am new to the DJI site, and I should have checked.

The silver lining here is that the Osmo Pro is smart enough to not upgrade or install the wrong firmware.  That would have resulted in my shipping the unit back which I'm glad I didn't have to do.

In the end, I formatted the 128GB card using FAT, as @mixchief suggested, and the upgrade was quick to start and completed in about 15  minutes or so.

2017-12-22
Use props
swh
lvl.1
United States

swh Posted at 2017-12-21 08:01
Me too. If I get a working answer from support, I will post here.

Hi, @coltboll.

I am replying to your post directly in case you aren't following the thread.

I had the wrong firmware. Apparently, I downloaded the Osmo Raw and not the Osmo Pro firmware.

Difference?

Osmo Pro: OSMO_FC550_FW_V01.04.00.70.zip vs.  Osmo Raw: OSMO_FC550R_FW_V01.04.00.70.zip

The extra "R" after the FC550 is the only difference. Well that and the file sizes. Osmo Pro is about 33 MB and Osmo Raw is about 55MB.

So it was user error. Not above admitting that. And I should also admit that I am new to the DJI site, and I should have checked.

The silver lining here is that the Osmo Pro is smart enough to not upgrade or install the wrong firmware.  That would have resulted in my shipping the unit back which I'm glad I didn't have to do.

In the end, I formatted the 128GB card using FAT, as @mixchief suggested, and the upgrade was quick to start and completed in about 15  minutes or so.
2017-12-22
Use props
sbraxton
lvl.1

I had the same problem and was ready to call DJI.  Your solution worked for me as well.
Thank you!
2018-5-29
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sbraxton Posted at 2018-5-29 10:29
I had the same problem and was ready to call DJI.  Your solution worked for me as well.
Thank you!

Glad I could help
2018-5-29
Use props
fansdf00aecc
lvl.1
United States

this tutorial is useless
2018-6-7
Use props
EMBE
First Officer
Flight distance : 320118 ft
  • >>>

Still waiting for a firmware release including time-/hyperlapse for the Osmo Pro. I currently use my Osmo+ when I want to have this feature, but I would really wish to be able to use my Pro instead.

I would really appreciate if these functions could be implemented by DJI. Current firmware is quite old ... so it may be time for something new.
2018-6-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules