Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
#OSMO Pro/Raw Wired Video Adapter Review# - Works perfect!
1052 3 2017-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigM07
lvl.1
Australia

[tr][/tr]

#OSMO Pro/Raw Wired Video Adapter Review# - Works perfect!

I was very excited when I received an email regarding a beta testing for the wired adapter for the OSMO Pro. Just reading the title of the email was certainly going to solve some primary issues that I was having with my OSMO Pro.  

My sole issue that I was having with the OSMO Pro was the Wi-Fi connection between the camera and display(phone).  The lag with start-up and generating the video feed was always an issue.  This was certainly becoming ever more of an issue if my phone was or had an available Wi-Fi router connected. My phone would continually switch between the OSMO and regular Wi-Fi network. The clunky start and time consuming process of getting it operating correctly has made me miss certain shots.  

With the cable quickly install and firmware update completed, it was seamless.  Straight away the adaptor completed and solve all my issues. The adapter cut the start-up time of the whole unit to no lag at all.  I'm happy to say the wired video adapter works precisely as promised.  The setup is of the whole unit has been seamless and fast. I think finding the right size cable is a must to reduce the amount of unnecessary cable hang.

Now having to battle with a longer cable with the focus wheel could turn into an issue.  I need to find the right length cable of the microUSB. Perhaps having the box plug directly into the focus wheel so it can eliminate one of the cables used.  To make the camera unit as compact and tangle/snag free would be ideal.  Now with more cable hanging around I’m concerned about snagging these cables on something when operating in tight areas.  

Is there a reason why it doesn’t work with iOS (iPhone)? Is it just a firmware thing and will be operating the same with an update?  Having both devices and I used iPhone regularly with my OSMO Pro but if the adapter only supports Android then I’ll be switching away from the iPhone.  

With the lag free, fast, easy setup and sharp display, over all I think it’s a fantastic and much need accessory to any OSMO Pro owner.  

Thanks again DJI for the opportunity to be a part of your testing team.  I hope you find this review beneficial and please let me know if you need anything else.

[url=]Favorite[/url]
[url=]Like[/url]

20170509_202524_OSMO_IMG_4250.jpg (723.96 KB, Down times: 0)

20170509_202252_OSMO_IMG_4246.jpg (723.96 KB, Down times: 0)

20170509_202256_OSMO_IMG_4247.jpg (643.03 KB, Down times: 0)

17 hours ago

Advanced[url=]Bold[/url][url=]Text Color[/url][url=]Picture[/url][url=]Add Link[/url][url=]Emoticon[/url]

2017-5-9
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Great review, do you have any suggestion on cable management. I also have an external mic from DJI and also a LED light. I just wonder how it will turn out with all these essential accessories are attached to the rig.
2017-5-9
Use props
BigM07
lvl.1
Australia

Yeah I use a Rode Mic and again it just starts to add more cables.  I've been on the look out for good length because I still believe having the wire adapter is better than not having it.  
2017-5-10
Use props
9KA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 854567 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

DTK Posted at 2017-5-9 20:40
Great review, do you have any suggestion on cable management. I also have an external mic from DJI and also a LED light. I just wonder how it will turn out with all these essential accessories are attached to the rig.

Hi, I have external rode micro microphone and you can see my rig here
2017-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules