Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best software for video editing on the Osmo
27908 28 2017-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user8cf659c610
lvl.1
South Africa

Please, can someone give some advice with regard to editing video on the Osmo. Much appreciated.
2017-5-10
Use props
zweidoteins
New
Germany

Hey,

you must use what is the best for you.
i edit my videos with final cut pro x on my mac. but adobe premiere ist a good software, too.

only take a look what is the best solution and software for you, test the software and then take a decision.
2017-5-10
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I use Lightworks. There is a free version and it may be all you need.
2017-5-10
Use props
udaykn05
lvl.1
India

Hi there are many and I use Movavi video editor.
2017-5-16
Use props
djimac
lvl.1
Belgium

I used to think that adobe premiere cc is the best program for video editing, unfortunately I was wrong in this,

I can advise you only the final cut pro x.
2017-5-22
Use props
obro
New
France

There are a lot of good softwares for editing videos.
The fact is that most of them cost a lot and are not affordable for casual editing.
premiere pro costs 288 € a year and final cut pro costs 330 €
Lightworks is good too and there is a free version but with some restrictions like max export is 1280x720 which is not what you are looking at when you buy a 4k camera.
The unlimited version is 135 € a year which is less expensive but very expensive too.

If you are looking for a powerful reliable software free of charge, I would recommend Blender.
This software is very stable and does everything you would expect from a vse.
you can improve it's ability by using the blender velvets add ons.
To learn how to use it, search "mickeycal blender" on youtube to get very good tutorials.

Then if you want to add 3D to your videos, you will be able to do it with blender too as it is one of the best 3D software you can get.

2017-7-24
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Mac computers and video editing software works great. It is easier to use and intuitive. Final Cut Pro is the name of it.
2017-9-20
Use props
Aston.Calvin
New

Pakistan

I would like to recommend you GoPro Studio software for your Osmo. It has in-built interface through which you can make sequential photos & videos. It allows you to customize (resize, edit & paste) videos with the capability of applying effects, modify the video speed and many other functions.   
Aston Calvin
Cygnis Media

2017-11-2
Use props
Salty777
lvl.4
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

If you have Apple kit, why not start off with iMovie (free) and as you progress move on to FCPX?
2017-11-4
Use props
Ice'ik
lvl.1
Russia

You can use any video editing software on comp, google will help with names, on mobile U can use Osmo app!
2017-11-5
Use props
fanse7d18694
New
United States

Ice'ik Posted at 2017-11-5 01:22
You can use any video editing software on comp, google will help with names, on mobile U can use Osmo app!

Hello there,

Have you been able to edit with the Osmo Mimo app?
I have tried, but the app doesn't recognize the videos recorded on the Osmo. I have downloaded them to my Note 9, I can play them, however, when I click to add them on the editing portion of the app, the videos do not show up. They are .mov, is that the correct format? Do you know if there is a way to change the videos to mp4?

Cheers!
2018-12-20
Use props
ironicgull68
lvl.1
United States

I use a version of adobe premiere. Ive heard adobe elements is like a watered down alternative as well. The others that ive used include camtasia, ezvid, and cyberlink PowerDirector
2018-12-26
Use props
skyhighmedia
First Officer
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

If you're using Mac. Go with iMovie if you are a beginner, and then move on to Final Cut Pro or Premiere Pro if you like the Adobe Programs. Personally I use Premiere Pro, but most people feel Final Cut Pro X runs more seamlessly with Mac. There are also tons of alternatives for editing on your phone. I find InShot good to use, but there are many other options.
2018-12-27
Use props
Savannah Quiroz
New

United States

I personally prefer Adobe Premier Pro CC, I can go through and add really cool effect and animation in After Effects and throw it back into Premier to finish the video. The GoPro software is good if your looking for something quick and simple.
2018-12-30
Use props
TC KABREW
lvl.4

Austria

i started with adobe premier but i swapped to final cut pro last year and never went back but they have different advantages
2018-12-31
Use props
djiuser_4ruGz6OdLuxj
New
United Kingdom

fanse7d18694 Posted at 2018-12-20 08:24
Hello there,

Have you been able to edit with the Osmo Mimo app?

Hi, i have the same problem. apparently there are only a few devices which are compatable with the app. I would not of bought the camera if i had known. Pretty useles unless you can edit stuff. im not sure which is the easiest way to do this.

i have 3 devices and none of them will let me edit via the app
2020-4-24
Use props
djiuser_UYvHghMM6cg1
New

India

The best video editing app I've ever used is inshot pro apk techbigs. This is a free professional video and photo editing app on your phone.
2021-1-14
Use props
nontechiedji
lvl.1

United States

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has used the free Video Editor from Windows 10 for their DJI Osmo Action camera?
2021-3-2
Use props
Fatibutt23
New

Pakistan

Hey,

There are many but I use lightworks.
2023-1-19
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

WIndows Free software;  Videoproc vlogger
windows free software Resolve 18  by Blackmagic
windows paid
  Cyberlink PowerDirector 22
  Magix 2023

to just name a few. others were mentioned like Filmora, movaivi, Coral studio etc
2023-1-26
Use props
Iancraig10
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Fishycomics Posted at 1-26 04:13
WIndows Free software;  Videoproc vlogger
windows free software Resolve 18  by Blackmagic
windows paid

Magix 2024 now Fish……
2023-10-27
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 10-27 09:45
Magix 2024 now Fish……

Thhankyou Lancraig10 MEP 2023   offered the same as 2024 with  about a few things less that I can live without , and also using Powerdirector 2023 that is catering to A.I Capcut is deffently well worth  looking in to if you wanted what these two can not offer
2023-10-27
Use props
Iancraig10
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I’ll have a look. Thanks.
2023-10-27
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

lumafusion
2023-10-27
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

mobile side  

Capcut
Powerdirector
Imovie
or simply search  in the app store video editors and  
2023-11-24
Use props
Dale 68
Captain
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VideoProc Vlogger is what I use and its free.
2023-11-24
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

I tried Movaviv  looked good, simple to use
I have Capcut free version works quite well, for   everything
I am with Magix and yeah I have some issues but its my main editor
I tried Resolve ust a headache with  using the actual filesm and manually doing your proxies, and I hear peopl complaining about Powerdirector, but  use waht is out there for you.
2-11 15:03
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

I am trialing out Filmora 13 and WOW  so yeah there are many to choose
3-15 12:33
Use props
Michael Fink
lvl.1
United States

The best and the easiest to use are not at ALL related.   if you're willing to deal with the non-user friendly nature of professional editing tools, the best are (in no particular order):

Davinci Resolve (what I use personally, one time purchase or even the free version for many use cases is enough)
Adobe Premier Pro
Final Cut

The learning curve for any of these tools is steep.   The more "consumer grade" tools are much easier to use and can do much of the same things the pro tools can, but, if your goal is "the best", that's the list to pick from.
3-16 06:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules