P4 back from service - Still same issues
1036 9 2017-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RidgeLink
lvl.1
Flight distance : 325512 ft
Canada

I just received my P4 back from service after being gone for a month. I sent it back because it had 'Poor' radio channel quality right from new, thus image quality was also very poor and signal loss completely at 300m was quite common and very nerve wracking. Even sitting on the ground right beside me video would break up. I am using a Nvidia Shield for display which works perfectly with my Mavic.
Well to my point.... it is still the same as when I sent it away. Very discouraging! I have tried all calibrations and checked everything they asked me to check the first time around but with no improvement. Also when using RTH it comes down very fast and will land hard whether it is safe to land or not. Maybe this is normal for the P4 but I am used to very smooth safe landings from the Mavic.
Can someone help me with this? My case number was CAS-531410-F0F2D8

Bill

2017-5-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, what OS version is the Shield running? Do you happen to have a sample of what you're getting from this current unit? What kind of areas are you flying in?
2017-5-10
Use props
RidgeLink
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-10 14:52
Just to clarify, what OS version is the Shield running? Do you happen to have a sample of what you're getting from this current unit? What kind of areas are you flying in?

Tablet running Android 7.0
I am flying over a forest area behind my house. Have also tried in the farmers field across the road.
I will get a couple of screen shots for you when I get back there later.
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

RidgeLink Posted at 2017-5-10 16:22
Tablet running Android 7.0
I am flying over a forest area behind my house. Have also tried in the farmers field across the road.
I will get a couple of screen shots for you when I get back there later.

Whenever you have the chance would be appreciated.
2017-5-10
Use props
RidgeLink
lvl.1
Canada

I get 'Strong interferance warning fly with caution' warning off and on while flying.
Screen generally breaks up with this warning.
I have noticed today that radio channel quality is showing good at least some of the time now. That is an improvement.

Showing 'Poor' Radio channel quality

Showing 'Poor' Radio channel quality

Shows screen display while craft landed

Shows screen display while craft landed
2017-5-11
Use props
RidgeLink
lvl.1
Canada

2017-05-11_View of flight area.jpg

This is the rural area that I am flying in. No towers, very few buildings, but lots of trees

2017-05-11_View of flight area.jpg
2017-5-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

RidgeLink Posted at 2017-5-11 10:12
[view_image]

This is the rural area that I am flying in. No towers, very few buildings, but lots of trees

Could you please try  a different mobile device in the list to check the performance?
iOS Version v4.0.7.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version v4.0.6.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, MI 3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20, Sony Xperia Z3, Smartisan T1.
2017-5-12
Use props
RidgeLink
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-12 02:15
Could you please try  a different mobile device in the list to check the performance?
iOS Version v4.0.7.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.

Natalia, are you thinking it is a compatibility issue? Just to note, I have tried it with my LG Nexus 4 phone with the same results. Both devices work fine with my Mavic.
I will see if I can borrow an iPad this weekend and give that a try.
2017-5-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

RidgeLink Posted at 2017-5-12 05:59
Natalia, are you thinking it is a compatibility issue? Just to note, I have tried it with my LG Nexus 4 phone with the same results. Both devices work fine with my Mavic.
I will see if I can borrow an iPad this weekend and give that a try.

Thank you, please keep us posted with the test result.
2017-5-12
Use props
RidgeLink
lvl.1
Canada

Was not able to try the iPad, and I don't want to go out and buy one just for this, so I guess I will have to keep this bird close when I fly it. Very disappointed that video transmission will not work well with my Nvidia Shield. And if its working properly why would my controller lose transmission signal at only 300-400 meters? Luckily lost signal RTH still worked for me.
Hopefully I will be able to try an Apple product at some point and I will report back then.
2017-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules