Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crashed Mavic and my wedding
874 11 2017-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Piper146
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I am trying to find out how long a repair/replacement will take living in Scotland, UK.

Today I sadly crashed my drone into a tree, whilst trying out the POI mode.  The drone it self seems to be fine other then the gimbal has been torn off from the body. I am extremely saddened my this as I bought the Mavic only a week ago and was planning on useing it for my Wedding and Honeymoon which is in a little over 2 weeks time (28th May).
Annoyingly, I dont have DJI care however my insurance company may cover the cost of the repair. This evening, I started the process with DJI by filling in the case form online. They have said they will send a UPS returns lable and it can take upto 2 working days. Dose this label come in the post or is it emailed to you? Dose anyone know how much this repair could cost?

If anyone can let me know if I am likely to get my drone back in time for my wedding, or if there is anyway of speeding the repair/replacement up, your help would be very much appreciated.

Some pic below of my drone

All the best

Tom
pic 3.jpg
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
2017-5-10
Use props
Piper146
lvl.1
United Kingdom

One other thing...

Do I need to send a battery off with the drone. Also what about the controller, does this need to be sent off as well.

Thanks
2017-5-10
Use props
geofox784
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

Very unlikely you will get it back in 2 weeks. Average is 3 to 4 weeks.

Label shows up in email in 2 days.

Talk with your insurance and try to get them to cover the cost of a replacement. You can get one much faster that way.

You keep the battery.
2017-5-10
Use props
vmich
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1100079 ft
Canada

Piper146 Posted at 2017-5-10 16:01
One other thing...

Do I need to send a battery off with the drone. Also what about the controller, does this need to be sent off as well.

As for the remote, I was told once to NOT send it along, and the next time to send it, even though in both cases the remote was not believed to be faulty. If you decide to send it, make sure you list it on the repair request form with its serial number and keep a copy for your records.
2017-5-10
Use props
DWBunnySlippers
lvl.1
United States

vmich Posted at 2017-5-10 17:00
As for the remote, I was told once to NOT send it along, and the next time to send it, even though in both cases the remote was not believed to be faulty. If you decide to send it, make sure you list it on the repair request form with its serial number and keep a copy for your records.

Order the parts and fix it yourself. I just did the camera ribbon cable. I ordered a set of jewels screwdrivers and the ribbon cable for about $50. You'll need that other cable (not sure about its availability) and the rubber hanging mount things. I'm sure they have a name.

Took me about an hour following a few videos online to get it fixed. Not a lot of your to lose and could have it fixed quite quickly.

GT
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about the crash, Tom.
You will receive the shipping label by e-mail, may I know you've got it or not?
We are not sure whether you will get it back before 28th May, we'll try our best to help you get it resolved as soon as possible.
2017-5-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Piper146 Posted at 2017-5-10 16:01
One other thing...

There is no need to send in the controller and battery if they are working properly.
Besides, if battery was damaged when crashing, considering shipment risk, you can take pictures showing the damage instead of sending it in.
2017-5-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You would receive a shipping label via email. If you want a general idea of the cost, you can refer to the link below:

https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-5-11
Use props
Piper146
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-11 20:09
Sorry to hear about the crash, Tom.
You will receive the shipping label by e-mail, may I know you've got it or not?
We are not sure whether you will get it back before 28th May, we'll try our best to help you get it resolved as soon as possible.

Hi Natalia,

I received my shipping label yesterday and packaged the drone up straight away (without the battery, but I included the controller) and took it to my local UPS shipping centre. It should reach the Netherlands by Monday/Tuesday next week.

Thanks for your help with this and I'm crossing my fingers and toes, that the drone will be back in time for my wedding.

Thanks again

Tom
2017-5-12
Use props
Piper146
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-11 21:03
You would receive a shipping label via email. If you want a general idea of the cost, you can refer to the link below:

https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for sending that link.

I have been looking at the general costings and was wondering whether or not a new Gimbal Camera and Arm would be needed, or if DJI could just repair the current one. I would be happy to pay for either. Here are some pictures I took of the Gimbal Camera and Arm. Your thoughts would be welcome.

All the best

Tom
2017-5-12
Use props
Piper146
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Gimbal Camera and Arm
IMG_0464.JPG
IMG_0466.JPG
IMG_0467.JPG
IMG_0465.JPG
2017-5-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Piper146 Posted at 2017-5-12 06:10
Hi Natalia,

I received my shipping label yesterday and packaged the drone up straight away (without the battery, but I included the controller) and took it to my local UPS shipping centre. It should reach the Netherlands by Monday/Tuesday next week.

We will take care of it after it arrives.
Once the engineers finish the damage assessment, you will get an e-mail with the quotation for details.
Hope everything goes smoothly, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
2017-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules