Linear distortions.... Rolling shutter?
796 5 2017-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Truecrewmedia
New
United States

Getting some linear distortions on footage of Buildings  (windows , steps, ) guessing its the optical sztabilization but also not 100 perent sure. DOesnt seem to be a rolling shutter (jello effect) but maybe its something to deal with frame rate or sharpness settings.

Example: pay attention to the buildings/windows and then the steps by the fountain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYnTGwYYPHk
2017-5-10
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

What frame rate are you recording in. Anything higher than 30 produces some aliasing effects.  I do believe it is a compressed format for transfer over the digital link.
2017-5-10
Use props
vmich
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1100079 ft
Canada

I noticed the same aliasing (actually much worse) when shooting in 1080p at 48fps and higher. I was told it's a hardware limitation. I stopped using 1080p for that reason.
2017-5-10
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Anything higher than 30 FPS on this thing and it looks highly extra compressed.  I think it not really a hardware limitation as much as preparing it to send to those goggles at high frame rates.  I could be wrong.

I still use 1080p because you are able to zoom with it where you can't zoom at higher resolutions.  Note the 1080p digital zoom has no loss in image quality according to what I read as it is using the extra pixels on the CCD instead of simply doing it in software.  Try zooming at 1440p and 2160p and it won't work.
2017-5-10
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

This is normal behavior of the camera and there is nothing you can do about it.
2017-5-10
Use props
Truecrewmedia
New
United States

shot in 4k so only have 24 frames.   I am able to hide it more in cine d but with d-log it seems more obvious .  In adobe if i drop the sharpness it seems to help, and color grade with bumped shadows and dropped highlights. However I dropped this into Final cut X just to see if it did handle the video codec better ( which it  does) so Ill have to grab a copy of Davinchi and see if I can hide it in gradin or try some other settings on the mavic itself.
2017-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules