The Rule Mongers Have Started
1898 15 2017-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

This is a media release as a result of the inquiry into drones and their usage. It is very draconian.

http://www.amas.org.au/hosted/or ... 10%20May%202017.pdf
2017-5-10
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Yep...a total joke. This would have to happen sooner or later. Have not bought a Mavic yet Jenee. After owning yours for awhile would you recommend I buy one...please be honest !!!  My old P3A still flying perfect on old firmware...never updating.
2017-10-10
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2017-10-10 12:26
Yep...a total joke. This would have to happen sooner or later. Have not bought a Mavic yet Jenee. After owning yours for awhile would you recommend I buy one...please be honest !!!  My old P3A still flying perfect on old firmware...never updating.

Hi there
Haven't heard from you in a while. Have had a Mavic since December last year and is still going great. I also bought a P4Pro back in July and love it. I am always on the latest firmware and app and don't have any real problems. A few minor issues but nothing that effects the flying so far. I just love all the new features they keep adding. Gives me more things to play with. I can't wait for the next new consumer drone to see what it is like. I looked at the Spark but it is too small and a bit of a toy.
2017-10-10
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-10-10 20:33
Hi there
Haven't heard from you in a while. Have had a Mavic since December last year and is still going great. I also bought a P4Pro back in July and love it. I am always on the latest firmware and app and don't have any real problems. A few minor issues but nothing that effects the flying so far. I just love all the new features they keep adding. Gives me more things to play with. I can't wait for the next new consumer drone to see what it is like. I looked at the Spark but it is too small and a bit of a toy.

So you give the Mavic the thumbs up???
2017-10-11
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2017-10-11 20:02
So you give the Mavic the thumbs up???

Most definitely. It really is an amazing drone.
2017-10-11
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-10-11 21:51
Most definitely. It really is an amazing drone.

Thats good. JB HIFI at Morayfield have the flymore combo for under 2 grand. Still wondering though what will be the next drone and how soon dji will bring it out. Totally agree with you on the Spark......waste of $$
2017-10-12
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2017-10-12 11:58
Thats good. JB HIFI at Morayfield have the flymore combo for under 2 grand. Still wondering though what will be the next drone and how soon dji will bring it out. Totally agree with you on the Spark......waste of $$

If you decide to get a Mavic you should go for the newer one, Platinum with the quieter props and new ESCs.
2017-10-12
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-10-12 21:53
If you decide to get a Mavic you should go for the newer one, Platinum with the quieter props and new ESCs.

Roger that!!
2017-10-12
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-10-12 21:53

Will wait for the Platinum Mavic. Have you ever thought about buying the DJI Goggles. I think I will buy them as well. I use Headplay Goggles with my P3A. I have the HDMI module on my controller......works a treat. With the Mavic and Goggles it will be wireless...AWESOME !!!.....No more bloody cables.
2017-10-15
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2017-10-15 23:07
Will wait for the Platinum Mavic. Have you ever thought about buying the DJI Goggles. I think I will buy them as well. I use Headplay Goggles with my P3A. I have the HDMI module on my controller......works a treat. With the Mavic and Goggles it will be wireless...AWESOME !!!.....No more bloody cables.

No, I am just not into goggles. I think they are a bit of a learning curve and I still have a lot of flying to do with both my drones before I go down that path.
2017-10-15
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-10-15 23:15
No, I am just not into goggles. I think they are a bit of a learning curve and I still have a lot of flying to do with both my drones before I go down that path.

Jenee I will be receiving my Mavic Platinum next wednesday (3-1-18) Is there any firmware version that I should stay clear of due to problems?? How about the latest Go App is there a good version to stick to or the latest Go App OK??!!
                                                  Matt..
2017-12-29
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2017-12-29 15:50
Jenee I will be receiving my Mavic Platinum next wednesday (3-1-18) Is there any firmware version that I should stay clear of due to problems?? How about the latest Go App is there a good version to stick to or the latest Go App OK??!!
                                                  Matt..

I always update to the latest firmware and the latest version of the DJI GO 4 app. I have not had any problems at all
Lucky you with a new Platinum however, if I was getting another Mavic, I would get a white one just because white does not attract pesky magpies. In an area where I fly, the Mavic is constantly attacked by magpies but they just ignore the white P4Pro.
Regardless of the colour, you will love your Mavic.
2017-12-29
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-29 21:36
I always update to the latest firmware and the latest version of the DJI GO 4 app. I have not had any problems at all
Lucky you with a new Platinum however, if I was getting another Mavic, I would get a white one just because white does not attract pesky magpies. In an area where I fly, the Mavic is constantly attacked by magpies but they just ignore the white P4Pro.

Thanks Jenee...will let you know how it all goes........and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
2017-12-31
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-29 21:36
Lucky you with a new Platinum however, if I was getting another Mavic, I would get a white one just because white does not attract pesky magpies. In an area where I fly, the Mavic is constantly attacked by magpies but they just ignore the white P4Pro.

Got the Mavic Platinum .....3 batteries later on Saturday 6-1-18...Im impressed with video quality and just love the size it packs up to compared to my P3A. Did all the updates  Friday arvo...latest update took over half an hour...sorted out a few minor probs and that was it.....flying !!. Made an old bloke happy. Going out again Sunday morning and will take both Mavic and the P3A. Told the missus prob wont be home until lunchtime..........
2018-1-5
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2018-1-5 22:33
Got the Mavic Platinum .....3 batteries later on Saturday 6-1-18...Im impressed with video quality and just love the size it packs up to compared to my P3A. Did all the updates  Friday arvo...latest update took over half an hour...sorted out a few minor probs and that was it.....flying !!. Made an old bloke happy. Going out again Sunday morning and will take both Mavic and the P3A. Told the missus prob wont be home until lunchtime..........

Really glad to hear you have your Mavic flying. Great weather today and should be ok for you tomorrow.
Let us know how you get on.
2018-1-5
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-1-5 22:53
Really glad to hear you have your Mavic flying. Great weather today and should be ok for you tomorrow.
Let us know how you get on.

Mavic is pretty good. have ordered a tablet holder to run my Huawei M2. I use a Nvidia K1 for the Phantom 3A. and will be using the Huawei M2 just for the Mavic....was using the Google Nexus 2 for the Mavic...but screen is too small for my old eyes. Mavic is a surprise package. 2.5 klm straight out flight and back...only dropped 1 bar on video feed. Need more speed for Sports Mode....can do that through Assistant 2 no probs with a few mods....wicked little piece of equipment. What is next for DJI...will be interesting

Cheers Jenee!!
2018-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules