Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-M Balancing
2709 2 2017-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tybo727
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1033255 ft
United States

I just got my Ronin-M yesterday and was wondering how to know when its 100% properly balanced? I've balanced it to the best of my ability and turned it on and ran the auto tune stability and the pan, tilt, and roll power was all set to 0. Also I turned on pan smooth track and tilt smooth track. Before turning it on I did move the camera around and it stayed level in most positions except a few. I tried for hours to get it perfect in every weird/crazy/different angle and position but some it just didn't want to stay in. Is that good enough? How perfect does it have to be? Thanks in advance!
2017-5-10
Use props
Seifo
New
United States

Hi, Tybo727!

I'm a wedding videographer, so I've had a fair amount of on-the-field experience with a Ronin M/Sony A7S/Canon 16-35mm setup.  Usually the pan and roll are pretty easy to get either perfect or near perfect, but the tilt is an entirely different story.  It's very rare that I manage to get it 100% perfect, and even if I do the slightest change will throw it off.  You should be fine as long as:

1.  The power numbers for each axis in the DJI Assistant app are low (I can usually keep them under 3, though DJI says 10 or lower is acceptable)
2. You have the stiffness -- especially for the tilt -- as high as possible without getting vibrating.  I like to crank it way up until it's vibrating, and then lower by fives until it stops vibrating, and then go down five more from that to have a little padding (example: auto tune stability puts pan axis at 45, I crank it up to 90, it starts vibrating, I start lowering to 85, 80, 75, 70; it stops vibrating at 70, so I put the final value at 65).

For me it's able to easily handle weight changes caused by zooming in/out or flipping  the Sony's screen up/down.  It won't take long at all for you to get a feel for what's good enough and what isn't.  If your footage looks good, it is good!
2017-5-23
Use props
Jordan Price
New

United States

I have the Ronin-MX with a cannon 80d on it and I was looking for some advise on balancing and setting all the numbers and details in the DJI Assistant app. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
2017-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules