Osmo+ charger/ Battery issues
5926 16 2017-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BayleeBarrier
New
United States

I received my osmo+ today as well as two extra batteries. I plugged in the battery for several hours and checked on it multiple times. Every time I checked on it the light was yellow and then the last time I checked on it the light was flashing green so I thought it was done. Apparently I was wrong because it died a few minutes after using it. I looked on here and it says the light is suppose to be a solid green or red nothing about yellow or flashing green. I just need more information and help figuring out what is wrong.

I have tried all three batteries with the same result. I can put the battery in the charger and depending on how it sets in the charger it is either yellow or flashing green, nothing else.

Thanks for any help
IMG_20170511_003122.jpg
2017-5-10
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Normal charger operation: Yellow without battery inserted. Yellow for a few seconds when you insert battery then changes to flashing green during the charging process. Solid green when battery is fully charged.
2017-5-11
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Italy

LensmanDave Posted at 2017-5-11 01:32
Normal charger operation: Yellow without battery inserted. Yellow for a few seconds when you insert battery then changes to flashing green during the charging process. Solid green when battery is fully charged.

This is correct! Have the battery well seated in the charger! I own 4 batteries and two chargers and never had any problem with them... for longer use I have a Phantom 4 battery... this works for hours
2017-5-11
Use props
BayleeBarrier
New
United States

Okay, so after how long of flashing green should I be concerned whether or not the battery is having problems.
2017-5-12
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.3

United Kingdom

BayleeBarrier Posted at 2017-5-12 14:58
Okay, so after how long of flashing green should I be concerned whether or not the battery is having problems.

A couple of hours should fully charge the battery.
2017-5-13
Use props
BayleeBarrier
New
United States

Thank you!
2017-5-15
Use props
We Key
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207556 ft
Russia

I have the same isseu as describer above in the first message. Looks like the problem with the charget. I've purchased another new one charger, and all 4 batteries started to work correctly, as well as the led-light iindication on the charger. With the old broken one was always constant yellow light, no matter what I do with it - empty, with battery, etc. In the meantime, I realized, that this broker charger charges the batts even with this yellow light. But in order to be on the safe side, as I don't know if the charges stops charging correctly and finally how it works, I decided to no use it anymore.
2017-8-30
Use props
Curlingevents
New

Sweden

CanonMax Posted at 2017-5-11 04:03
This is correct! Have the battery well seated in the charger! I own 4 batteries and two chargers and never had any problem with them... for longer use I have a Phantom 4 battery... this works for hours

How do You connect Osmo with the Phantom battery? How long do external battery last?
We're trying to figure out how to do Facebook Live from Curling games that can last 2,5 hours (at +5-7C) without changing battery and loosing the connection to Facebook Live.

Thanks...
2017-9-1
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

I had this solid yellow issue.... it was down to not properly seating the battery. If it happens to you give the battery an extra hard push down OR disconnect from the power and clean the contacts on battery and charger.
2017-9-1
Use props
RcEaMan
lvl.1
Philippines

This not related to the battery issue, but I have a question about discharging the battery. What is the best way to charge the battery, completely drained or when the indicator turns red just like our mobile phones' battery?
2017-9-1
Use props
We Key
lvl.1
Russia

Salty777 Posted at 2017-9-1 07:46
I had this solid yellow issue.... it was down to not properly seating the battery. If it happens to you give the battery an extra hard push down OR disconnect from the power and clean the contacts on battery and charger.

Does not work for me. Always yellow, no matter how you press the battery. Seems to be hardware problem with th charger, unfortunately.
2017-9-2
Use props
juoksuankka
New

Finland

My OSMO+ charger won't light up any indicator light with or without battery and it doesn't charge the battery. I have only charged my battery once before the problem started, could my charger be broken already?

2017-9-3
Use props
We Key
lvl.1
Russia

juoksuankka Posted at 2017-9-3 03:32
My OSMO+ charger won't light up any indicator light with or without battery and it doesn't charge the battery. I have only charged my battery once before the problem started, could my charger be broken already?

[view_image]

Nobody can tell you... in case simple actions do not sovle th issue (insert firmly, etc.) - buy the new one, it's no dramatically expensive. Thanks God, the issue with th charger is a smallest problem in comparison with what could happen to this device (lens focus, drifting cameras, etc.).
2017-9-3
Use props
juoksuankka
New

Finland

We Key Posted at 2017-9-3 11:16
Nobody can tell you... in case simple actions do not sovle th issue (insert firmly, etc.) - buy the new one, it's no dramatically expensive. Thanks God, the issue with th charger is a smallest problem in comparison with what could happen to this device (lens focus, drifting cameras, etc.).

I thought this thread was about charger/ Battery issues, but never mind then...
2017-9-4
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Curlingevents Posted at 2017-9-1 03:34
How do You connect Osmo with the Phantom battery? How long do external battery last?
We're trying to figure out how to do Facebook Live from Curling games that can last 2,5 hours (at +5-7C) without changing battery and loosing the connection to Facebook Live.

You will need the following DJI accessories:

https://m.dji.com/product/osmo-battery-10-pin-a-to-dc-power-cable (for use with Phantom 4 Pro batteries)

or

https://m.dji.com/product/osmo-battery-2-pin-to-dc-power-cable (for use with Phantom 3 series batteries)

AND

https://m.dji.com/product/osmo-external-battery-extender  

Works great, for hours...

Take care!

Max

2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

RcEaMan Posted at 2017-9-1 14:11
This not related to the battery issue, but I have a question about discharging the battery. What is the best way to charge the battery, completely drained or when the indicator turns red just like our mobile phones' battery?

The battery of Osmo is not as fragile as battery of drones. But you can drain the battery completely and then charge fully after 30-40 cycles in my opinion.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

juoksuankka Posted at 2017-9-3 03:32

[view_image]

Have you tried other batteries? Please try to wipe the copper sheet of the battery with 95% alcohol and cotton swab. Let the alcohol air dry and then try again.
2017-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules